Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

TSO

13 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

What day and time are final cuts ?

I'm guessing this Saturday 4pm ?

The deadline is Saturday afternoon at 4:00pm.

However, a team can cut their players any time between now and then. They don't have to wait till then.

16 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

The deadline is Saturday afternoon at 4:00pm.

However, a team can cut their players any time between now and then. They don't have to wait till then.

Seems like the Redskins always do wait, though lol...while other teams have cut 20 guys, the Skins have announced they cut their 9th string long snapper or some ****.

Just now, Califan007 said:

Seems like the Redskins always do wait, though lol...while other teams have cut 20 guys, the Skins have announced they cut their 9th string long snapper or some ****.

:rofl89:

I guess they want to see the scope of the players hitting free agency...?  Not that what other teams do matters to what they're doing because if someone comes available, it's not like they're not allowed to cut someone AFTER the deadline and scoop up a replacement.  

5 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

:rofl89:

I guess they want to see the scope of the players hitting free agency...?  Not that what other teams do matters to what they're doing because if someone comes available, it's not like they're not allowed to cut someone AFTER the deadline and scoop up a replacement.  

Maybe they're waiting to see if any of their planned starters retire first...

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Is it possible to make this a Roster Cutdown thread?

I messaged Zoony asking if it would be ok... havent heard back so i havent yet... figured if I didnt hear anything back by the time the first cut popped up... if it hadnt been done i was gonna do it.  

Coach Billick was talking last night about how cutting so many at one time makes it much harder to give the (cut) players the proper respect, encouragement, etc..  Random, and inconsequential for fans, but an interesting POV I hadn’t considered before.  

10 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Coach Billick was talking last night about how cutting so many at one time makes it much harder to give the (cut) players the proper respect, encouragement, etc..  Random, and inconsequential for fans, but an interesting POV I hadn’t considered before.  

Well, you're not required to cut them all at once.  If that was important to a coach (which I suspect ultimately it isnt) they could still do that.

I've got to believe that other teams are going to cut a few guys who are better talents than guys we'd be keeping. Especially when it comes to OL depth. Mainly because of $$ of they have younger talent that is ready to step up. Something where a quality player will be available. 

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

Well, you're not required to cut them all at once.  If that was important to a coach (which I suspect ultimately it isnt) they could still do that.

True, but I’d assume Billick knows what he’s talking about here though - the difference from 8-9 days (or however long they had exactly), to less than 2.  

Personally, I’d have the position coaches inform the camp fodder guys, then have Gruden give them a quick talk and handshake.  The guys that were close, I’d go with a sit down.  

12 minutes ago, oraphus said:

he wasnt going to make it anyways.. Lots of healthy tackle options on the roster

I didnt figure he make it, but I never saw the report, was just surprising to stumble across this today... That was tweeted during the game last night, and it says 'this week.'   Figured there would have been more coverage of it.  

• 4 months later...

Archived