Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

TSO

1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

DeSean in his prime was a generational talent in regards to speed.  It's not fair to compare wrs to him when he literally might be the only one who can do what he does.. as well as he does.  I dont think anyone in the league can be djax 2.0

tyreek-hill-peace.jpg

2 hours ago, MartinC said:

Schreff just made an assignment blunder. Brain fart. It happens.

I'm sure he heard all about in the film sessions.

And that brain fart could be because he hasn’t played a real game since December, and practice can’t truly simulate game situations.

Ergo, getting reps in preseason helps knock the rust off so brain farts happen less during the regular season, especially early in the season.

2 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

The d lineman stunted... looked like scherff and chase passed it off to each other and peeled off.  Hard to know who was at "fault"

I'm sure they got on him pretty good tho ?

Yeah it was a twist and impossible looking from the outside to know exactly who was at fault without knowing the blocking call but I’m pretty sure it was Schreff who had the guy who made the sack off the twist. He had him momentarily and them for some reason let him go and looked to help the RT. Now that might have been what he was supposed to do and the C should have slid off to pick up that guy but I’m pretty sure Schreff just blew the assignment.

19 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

DeSean in his prime was a generational talent in regards to speed.  It's not fair to compare wrs to him when he literally might be the only one who can do what he does.. as well as he does.  I dont think anyone in the league can be djax 2.0

Tyreek Hill and look out for John Ross of the Bengals. Ross has had some good highlights this preseason. Oddly enough, Djax wasn't just a one-trick pony as many seem to peg him. I don't think Hill is as skilled a WR as DJax and we haven't seen enough of Ross to judge.

35 minutes ago, Bantu said:

Tyreek Hill and look out for John Ross of the Bengals. Ross has had some good highlights this preseason. Oddly enough, Djax wasn't just a one-trick pony as many seem to peg him. I don't think Hill is as skilled a WR as DJax and we haven't seen enough of Ross to judge.

He had untouchable ball tracking ability....  to your point, people look at his speed as his biggest weapon, and it was a big weapon to have, but imho his best skill was his ability to play the ball.  He also had tops vision which is what made him so good in ST.  

48 minutes ago, Bantu said:

He really kinda was, IMO.  He was just one of the best in recent memory at that trick. Anything between 5 and 15 yards he wasnt fooling with.  He's never been a particularly versatile receiver.

DJax had "it" though, which is not just the foot speed to get past people, but the ability to set them up, get that step or angle and then leave them behind, and track it in the air.

Bringing it back to the Skins, I've not seen a ton of Richardson to be able to judge how he plays.  He could be the next Anthony Armstrong, or a better version of Aldrick Robinson for all we know.  The more I think about it, the more his limited resume concerns me that we handed him a starting role.

7 minutes ago, Bigmuss1 said:

Any chance they take a look at Mychael Kendricks???  Or is his legal issues going to give him jail time?  

Just a thought......

Jail time.  And I think they like what they have.  If he werent going to jail, the Browns probably woulda kept him.

Just now, skinny21 said:

@justice98In 2013, Jackson was the best/most productive receiver in the NFL when running crossing routes.  So maybe a two trick pony?

Remember his catch against Carolina in 2016? He has made quite a few catches like that. It is rare to see a guy do well with badly thrown screens. DJax pretty good with WR screens despite having Mr. Worm Food as his QB for his first few ears in the NFL.

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

@justice98In 2013, Jackson was the best/most productive receiver in the NFL when running crossing routes.  So maybe a two trick pony?

The one trick wasnt the type of route he ran.

Unless there's a breakdown of where he caught the ball on said crossing routes, that's not a very useful stat.  A shallow cross and a deep cross are still a crossing route.  I'd bet a high number of those balls fit my <5 and >15 disclaimer.

22 hours ago, MartinC said:

Schreff just made an assignment blunder. Brain fart. It happens.

I'm sure he heard all about in the film sessions.

I know someone that had a brain fart about Scherff's name, and more than one in a row :P

Looks like you didn't hear enough about it in the mod's room ?

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

The one trick wasnt the type of route he ran.

Unless there's a breakdown of where he caught the ball on said crossing routes, that's not a very useful stat.  A shallow cross and a deep cross are still a crossing route.  I'd bet a high number of those balls fit my <5 and >15 disclaimer.

I confess, I’m a little confused.  So are you saying his “one trick” is... not catching the ball between 5-15 yds from the LOS?

40 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

What day and time are final cuts ?

I'm guessing this Saturday 4pm ?

according to this

https://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/league-governance/2018-19-important-nfl-dates/

SEPTEMBER
Sept. 1  Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must reduce rosters to a maximum of 53 players on the Active/Inactive List. 
  Simultaneously with the cut-down to 53, clubs that have players in the categories of Active/Physically Unable to Perform or Active/Non-Football Injury or Illness must select one of the following options: place player on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform or Reserve/Non-Football Injury or Illness, whichever is applicable; request waivers; terminate contract; trade contract; or continue to count the player on the Active List. 

14 hours ago, justice98 said:

He really kinda was, IMO.  He was just one of the best in recent memory at that trick. Anything between 5 and 15 yards he wasnt fooling with.  He's never been a particularly versatile receiver.

DJax had "it" though, which is not just the foot speed to get past people, but the ability to set them up, get that step or angle and then leave them behind, and track it in the air.

Bringing it back to the Skins, I've not seen a ton of Richardson to be able to judge how he plays.  He could be the next Anthony Armstrong, or a better version of Aldrick Robinson for all we know.  The more I think about it, the more his limited resume concerns me that we handed him a starting role.

Jail time.  And I think they like what they have.  If he werent going to jail, the Browns probably woulda kept him.

Thank you for the answer, have a great day! 

Archived