Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

TSO

10 minutes ago, dyst said:

I'd rather be nerdy, unsure and weak as long as we go 11+ wins. I don't need swag, confidence and heart while turn out sub-par 7 win seasons.

Some of you are ridiculous. What's the issue with our boys getting fired up? It's professional football. These are young, hungry, fiery kids playing at an ultra-competitive level. Who cares if they jaw back and forth a bit and get a little intense?

As long as there are no brawls or fist fights resulting in injuries, then I'm all for it.

23 minutes ago, dyst said:

I'd rather be nerdy, unsure and weak as long as we go 11+ wins. I don't need swag, confidence and heart while turn out sub-par 7 win seasons.

Weak and 11+ wins. Which team would you say best fit that description?

53 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

No way dude. Look at that gif again.

Swearinger was faking a punch the whole time... to a player with a helmet on.. and that player turned away in fright. Swearinger turned his back instantly to him, no helmet on mind you, and laughed at the cowardice. 

That's exactly how he went across the middle last year. Scared to get hit.

20 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

Geez some of you people are ridiculous. Do you always need SOMETHING to complain about?

Some of you all make such big deals over nothing. Who cares, nobody was hurt and nothing went bad, why sit here crying over dumb ****?

I could care less about the fight, but just chiming in to say that we also have posters that think nothing is a big deal and everything is swell.  Which group ends up right more often than not? So yeah.

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

Some of you are ridiculous. What's the issue with our boys getting fired up? It's professional football. These are young, hungry, fiery kids playing at an ultra-competitive level. Who cares if they jaw back and forth a bit and get a little intense?

As long as there are no brawls or fist fights resulting in injuries, then I'm all for it.

Because I want to win. These guys should focus more on the product on the field rather than looking and acting cool.

46 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Yeah, those are traits synonymous with success.:)

Spurs and even Patriots to an extent are nerdy and not consider tough bad-ass type of teams. Yea give me those rather than showboaters who give us mediocre seasons.

1 hour ago, crabbypatty said:

Geez some of you people are ridiculous. Do you always need SOMETHING to complain about?

Some of you all make such big deals over nothing. Who cares, nobody was hurt and nothing went bad, why sit here crying over dumb ****?

I'm pretty certain the level of "complaining" will decrease if we win...something as simple at 10 wins. Or maybe if we make the playoffs in back to back years. I wouldn't considering it "complaining" when the team isn't good.

1 hour ago, dyst said:

Because I want to win. These guys should focus more on the product on the field rather than looking and acting cool.

Spurs and even Patriots to an extent are nerdy and not consider tough bad-ass type of teams. Yea give me those rather than showboaters who give us mediocre seasons.

You also said unsure and weak, you will not find a single successful professional team in any sport that matches that criteria.

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I agree. I'm also confident we get hit with injuries like we generally do. 

Yeah, we didnt get past the first week of preseason without losing our stud RB. Doesnt bode well.

This isn’t new for Pryor...

from a 2016 article:

Pryor got into it with several players, from Adam Jones to Janoris Jenkins. It was bizarre to see players show such disdain for Pryor...

Pryor certainly does his share of talking on the field, but it wouldn’t seem to warrant the hate he’s received from some players. Jones compared him to a garbage can, pointing to the trash and saying that’s where he belongs. Jenkins ripped Pryor on Twitter after the Browns lost to the Giants, saying “u really sucks.”

6 hours ago, Die Hard said:

A sucker punch is just an unexpected blow. Look it up ?

Nothing to do with the direction of the blow in relation to your face ?

Yes, you are technically correct.  But usually when someone is aggressively talking trash in your face and advancing upon you, a punch thrown at you is not really that unexpected.  I think the societal understanding of the term is a punch that happens with NO warning of any kind.  So a punch from someone you're not paying attention to, from behind, or from someone in front of you who is showing no signs of aggression or confrontation is more likely what people are describing when they use the term "sucker punch".  

I mean, even at the scrum a few days ago.... somebody on the Jets was ‘perceived’ to give Moses a ‘cheap shot’ (another term for sucker punch). And the retaliation was it’s equivalent - physical violence met with physical violence. Usually there’s some pushing-pushing as pretence.

However, escalating from trash-talking.... to not even threatening physical violence to simulating it without any pretence or agreement? Yeah, that would take most people off-guard. Trashing talking is an accepted part of the game. Assaulting another player is not. That’s why it rarely occurs.

1 hour ago, Die Hard said:

I mean, even at the scrum a few days ago.... somebody on the Jets was ‘perceived’ to give Moses a ‘cheap shot’ (another term for sucker punch). And the retaliation was it’s equivalent - physical violence met with physical violence. Usually there’s some pushing-pushing as pretence.

However, escalating from trash-talking.... to not even threatening physical violence to simulating it without any pretence or agreement? Yeah, that would take most people off-guard. Trashing talking is an accepted part of the game. Assaulting another player is not. That’s why it rarely occurs.

You obviously didn't go to the same junior highschools as me. I got stepped to after every class, all the time. Until they stopped, for one reason or another. 

Looks like it was a successful training camp, injuries are part of the game.  I like the change Gruden made with early physical practices and the continued move towards youth with Scandricks release. The Jets practices seemed to up the level of competition which is always good for a team trying to get better.  Keep Grinding.

AZ awaits.

6 hours ago, Vanguard said:

I'm sick of Jay Gruden's love affair with Fat Rob.  Rob is probably the worst RB on the roster.  I really like Danny Johnson.  I think he can have an impact as a 4th corner.

Do you think it’s possible that (gasp) Gruden thinks Rob Kelley (and most of our other RBs) suck, he just knows it’s not professional to say “so and so sucks/blows” in a press conference? Just cause he says nice things about a RB doesn’t mean it’s what he ACTUALLY thinks. I think most people don’t seem to realize that :P 

Its surprising to me that after four years with mike shanahan as our head coach that more people don't see that you can manufacture a running game without a supremely talented running back. 

I'm bummed out about guice too and think he would have definitely made this football team better but I just don't see how we were gonna be a playoff contender with him and looking at a high draft pick without him.

There are certain coaches who's offense relies on premier running back, I don't think grudens happens to be one of  them. 

17 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I could care less about the fight, but just chiming in to say that we also have posters that think nothing is a big deal and everything is swell.  Which group ends up right more often than not? So yeah.

When you need to use hyperbolic words like nothing and everything into your statement, it loses it's luster. 

I don't think anyone thinks what you are suggesting. They probably just do a better job of prioritizing the game of football in their daily lives, and therefore, have less panic and despair in their disposition. 

Archived