Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

TSO

12 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

This is true. I didn't believe it, and had to look it up. He did actually play every game last year.

35 receptions for 502 yards and 6 TD's last season. That might not seem great, but it's 3 times as many TD's as Julio Jones, so that makes Doctson 3 times better.

14 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

This is true. I didn't believe it, and had to look it up. He did actually play every game last year.

35 receptions for 502 yards and 6 TD's last season. That might not seem great, but it's 3 times as many TD's as Julio Jones, so that makes Doctson 3 times better.

Yup. He played in all 16 games. The fact that people didn't realize this, says a lot.

59 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Is R. Anderson injured again, or is he in the dog house?  Hopefully it’s just that Robertson is playing so well we want to see what he can do against the 2nd unit. 

People get rotated heavily with all groups at this stage.  I mean, look at our OL.  Trent and Moses aren't even playing today.

Pretty sure I've heard of Josh Harvey Clemons working with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd team units off an on.  Sometimes you want a look at someone in a slightly different environment.

50 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Just to complete the story - here are the snap counts for our WRs last year. Doctson took more snaps than any other WR. In fact, when you back out the STs snaps for Crowder and Grant the gap widens considerably. 

image.thumb.png.e85d80c943cda540835efa9e503f1261.png

Source: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

37 minutes ago, Bantu said:

Yup. He played in all 16 games. The fact that people didn't realize this, says a lot.

yes it does...

53 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

no it doesn't but it makes him better than the injury prone deadbeat as said in here...

57 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

And he probably dropped 3 more.

1 hour ago, skins4 said:

How many games did Doctson play last year?

16 games.  He also was on the field on over 74% of the offensive snaps, the most by far for any receiver save Vernon Davis.  Only 4 offensive players were on the field more often, one was Cousins of course. It is interesting that when Pryor was done for the season, Doctston snap count went way up.

30 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

16 games.  He also was on the field on over 74% of the offensive snaps, the most by far for any receiver save Vernon Davis.  Only 4 offensive players were on the field more often, one was Cousins of course. It is interesting that when Pryor was done for the season, Doctston snap count went way up.

Yeah, but in fairness, for the first half of the season Cousins pretended he wasn't there. Really, Doctson only started getting targets after Reed, Pryor and Thompson all went down. Even afterwards, way too many of the passes Kirk threw to Doctson were Desean Jackson bombs or 50/50 lobs.

He wound up getting a fair number of attempts by game sixteen, but he really was the receiver of last resort for a large chunk of the season.

A bit off topic, but I watched last season on Tv YouTube, can I watch preseason with that too? I cancelled it after the Caps won, I didn't feel the need to to keep it. If anyone has it, please let me know. I'd hate to waste $40 jumping back on board for no reason.

Archived