Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

TSO

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

What ? Why is Reed out ?

I've heard nothing of this.

In fact, quite the opposite.

Team has been pretty upfront about this for months.  Reed, Trent, Moses, Nsekhe, Shaun Dion Hamilton, and TJ Clemmings are all listed as "limited" to start Training Camp.  I think for all of them it deals with surgery earlier in the off-season and they're going to ease them into action.

1 minute ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Team has been pretty upfront about this for months.  Reed, Trent, Moses, Nsekhe, Shaun Dion Hamilton, and TJ Clemmings are all listed as "limited" to start Training Camp.  I think for all of them it deals with surgery earlier in the off-season and they're going to ease them into action.

Yea, I do remember them talking about keeping it "light" with those guys.

But seeing the strong word "out", can be kind of stunning, know what I mean

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yea, I do remember them talking about keeping it "light" with those guys.

But seeing the strong word "out", can be kind of stunning, know what I mean

I think he meant out through OTAs and minicamp which gave Sprinkle more chances.

52 minutes ago, justice98 said:

If Phil Taylor can actually play and provide something, this could turn outto be the deepest DL we've had in quite some time.  

I think everyone forgot about Phil, he's a beast and looked ready to make an impact last year, he's due for a healthy season, maybe.:)

4 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Per Tandler, Crowder returning punts?

That's a good sign. I'm used to hearing "Crowder fumbling punts"...at least he's returning them now lol *thumbsup*

5 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

"--Robert Davis caught a deep pass in stride from Alex Smith, then was rewarded with another from Colt McCoy that was overthrown by a touch. After both passes the fans in the end zone yelled out encouragement to "Vernon Davis." Robert still has some work to do in the name-recognition department."

D'oh!

9 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I think everyone forgot about Phil, he's a beast and looked ready to make an impact last year, he's due for a healthy season, maybe.:)

Law of averages. I hereby declare he should accidentally have a healthy year this year.

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

"--Robert Davis caught a deep pass in stride from Alex Smith, then was rewarded with another from Colt McCoy that was overthrown by a touch. After both passes the fans in the end zone yelled out encouragement to "Vernon Davis." Robert still has some work to do in the name-recognition department."

D'oh!

LoL, at least its not Jay or Alex calling him Vernon... 

1 hour ago, carex said:

Da'Ron Payne playing some end doesn't surprise me.  But things I want to know,who's NT, who's LG and who are lining up at the second team interior line positions, LG, C, RG

NT candidates would be Tim Settle and Phil Taylor. Injury history tells us it is tough to trust Taylor. However, if Settle pans out then we might actually have a true NT for the first time.

5 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Law of averages. I hereby declare he should accidentally have a healthy year this year.

And the jinx starts here lol

14 hours ago, carex said:

I thought I saw something about Nsekhe in the tweets.  Have they decided against the LG experiment with him?

I wonder why no one is talking about TJ Clemmings.  He's not exactly great but he's a former starter with the Vikings, that's moved around some and we elected to keep him through the offseason

In watching film of our OL last season he stood out as particularly bad. He stunk to high heaven.

Archived