Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

TSO

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

So I guess putting your helmet on the football to cause a fumble is a thing of the past now...that's too bad.

First man tackles the ball carrier - second man tackles the ball. Tackles being the operative word here.

2 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

This is a VERY compelling point to the conversation, and you raise a very valid conversation.  I have long believed that tackling is not taught correctly, and watching Laron Landry bounce off WR for his entire career was a visual testament to that.  That said, defenders have always used their shoulder as a point of impact whether they wrap or not.  Very rarely is the head the FIRST thing to make contact intentionally.  

We were always taught to break down and get wide when defending a ball carrier.  That's going to obviously have to happen now.... 

You still use your shoulder in rugby style tackling - and you can still make a ‘statement’ at impact. But it’s in the context of a tackle not a hit. As you say the shoulder will still almost always be the first point of impact with the ball carrier.

Head position is key - get it behind the ball carrier don’t throw it across him. Safer for both players and has the potential to actually make the game better from a defensive standpoint. 

I also used used to scream at idiots like Landry who tried to knock out 270lb TEs and literally bounced off them.

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Why is it that, for some reason, this gif feels like a perfect representation of the Skins for the past 20 years?

:rofl89:I think it was a Fan dreaming of SB glory days running into the endzone and singing #HTTR only to wake up and realize it is 2018 and the last twenty years turned the dream into a nightmare of reality. lol

13 hours ago, MartinC said:

NFL revenues rose by close to a billion dollars last year. 

Yeah, but the real impact won’t be known until the new tv contracts are negotiated.  If at that point revenue is up, then it’s clear nobody really cares. If not, then people do care. 

The tv deals will be impacted by viewership numbers and the stations projected advertising revenue...

I can’t remember when the tv contracts are all up, but that’s going to be the biggest indicator of how healthy the nfl is....

23 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, but the real impact won’t be known until the new tv contracts are negotiated.  If at that point revenue is up, then it’s clear nobody really cares. If not, then people do care. 

The tv deals will be impacted by viewership numbers and the stations projected advertising revenue...

I can’t remember when the tv contracts are all up, but that’s going to be the biggest indicator of how healthy the nfl is....

The Thursday night package was recontracted a few months ago. The NFL got an increase on the previous deal. $3.3 billion dollars over 5 years from Fox.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/fox-sports-gives-nfl-3-3-billion-for-thursday-night-football-package-over-five-years/amp/

29 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

anything Aeronautical.....  RIP

That's funny u say that..I was watching trailer park boys go to Austin I believe..isn't that where they go to NASA and go watch an acctual rocket launch some where in Florida...nope wasn't tpb go to Austin than..any who they were at an actual rocket launch site in Florida and all I thought about was Hap.. certainly I didn't know him but I've been around a few years and remember a few things haha.. I know this is the wrong thread sorry but it's this time of year I miss the pictures of the rocket launch sites...sorry rip Hap

Thats odd... I can't imagine he would have just made it up, and had he been joking, he would have come clean by now with the amount of coverage the story got?  

I thought I heard someone say it was in a joint, because you don't really get fluid in your 'heel' that you can drain... I'm clueless to it all lol.  

1 minute ago, OVCChairman said:

Thats odd... I can't imagine he would have just made it up, and had he been joking, he would have come clean by now with the amount of coverage the story got?  

I thought I heard someone say it was in a joint, because you don't really get fluid in your 'heel' that you can drain... I'm clueless to it all lol.  

Yeah, it seemed strange because your heel is pretty much all bone.

It seems like if your heel was swelling with fluid, your whole foot would be.

Archived