Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Redskins Training Camp/Preseason Thread

TSO

1 hour ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

Not going to lie, this Pete Robertson cat has caught my attention after doing some reading up on him. Had no idea he was Trent William's cousin. Also had no idea he had 12.5 sacks his junior year to lead the big 12. Speed rusher was a concern of mine with galette not resigning, so Robertson might be able to push to fill that void.

6 hours ago, justice98 said:

I'm really excited about seeing Guice in action. I just hope he isn't sabotaged by the TEs.  Cuz we can say what we want about the upgrade at RB, but we didn't do jack to address the blocking.  It's the same cast of characters on the OL and at TE.  I don't wanna see Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis torpedo anymore run plays by not being able to do the bare minimum.

You mean T.J. Clemmings, Tony Bergstrom, Kyle Kalis, Tyler Catalina and Demetrius Rhaney?

I think we can expect better between the tackles this year.

6 hours ago, justice98 said:

I'm really excited about seeing Guice in action. I just hope he isn't sabotaged by the TEs.  Cuz we can say what we want about the upgrade at RB, but we didn't do jack to address the blocking.  It's the same cast of characters on the OL and at TE.  I don't wanna see Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis torpedo anymore run plays by not being able to do the bare minimum.

it's really not, because Lauvao only had nine starts and Roullier seven last year.  There were times we were down to third and fourth string on the OL last year

1 hour ago, carex said:

it's really not, because Lauvao only had nine starts and Roullier seven last year.  There were times we were down to third and fourth string on the OL last year

I don't think it matters in this context.  Everybody has to be doing their job, and the TEs flat out don't do theirs on a regular basis. I don't think the starting 5 being in has anything to do with Reed getting blown up or whiffing on the edge and killing a play.

16 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I don't think it matters in this context.  Everybody has to be doing their job, and the TEs flat out don't do theirs on a regular basis. I don't think the starting 5 being in has anything to do with Reed getting blown up or whiffing on the edge and killing a play.

Have heard many times from analysts in the media that looked at our running game last year and they always mentions how the TE's are always making mistakes in run blocking. That doesn't mean that O-linemen were always perfect, especially when backups were in, but the TE blocking was consistently mentioned as being atrocious. 

2 hours ago, dyst said:

Our corners always get INTs during training camp, then during the season, nothing happens. Hope it translates this year.

I think a lot of this is the offense trying to get in sync, getting their timing down, and seeing what they can get away with. You always see more INTs in camp, especially early on.

Things I really want to know

Is anyone challenging Shawn Lauvao

Who's getting the most snaps at NT?

When Payne was playing DE, who was NT next to him?

Who are the main backup OL?

Is anyone trying to learn a new position?

Do Mo Harris and Robert Davis still have PS eligibilty because it may be tough to keep everyone who deserves it? 

Any UDFA players looking good?  I've heard about Danny Johnson, but other than him we don't seem to be hearing much

18 minutes ago, carex said:

Things I really want to know

Is anyone challenging Shawn Lauvao

Who's getting the most snaps at NT?

Yes, I was excited about them bringing Kalis back from Indy, but I haven't heard much about him.

Great question. I dunno if we have enough roster spots for Payne, Taylor, and Settle. Tough choices across the roster. Settle would get stolen and Taylor doesn't have PS eligibility. So if all 3 look good, I'd guess that we have 2 dedicated  NTs on the roster.

10 hours ago, justice98 said:

Finally, this chicken-or-the-egg debate can be put to rest! Many believe that our rushing weakness was due to poor blocking while others believe it was due to the lack of talent at RB. Being that the vast majority of this board believes that this is the most talented back that we've had in a long time, this season will be an excellent case study. Same system, same returning blockers, upgraded RB, we shall see. I 100% hope that I'm wrong.

7 hours ago, SWFLSkins said:

Soon as I saw Kyshoen Jarrett, glad they're taking care of him. Gonna be interesting how he develops as a coach seeing he only got one year of experience and he was still learning himself.

6 hours ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

I wanna see CT in 1 series the entire preseason, then give him the James Brown treatment, cover him with the cape, tackle him and get him off the field immediately and save him for the regular season..

Archived