Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Just now, Bacon said:

The start should be an addition of 4 to bring the total to 13. But that's just a start. 

That would be the easiest to justify and protect as well. Put it in law that seats must match circuit courts (13), so it's not just a random number that they can easily to add to later on. Increasing to 13 and adding representation for DC and PR should be most people's demands if they take the senate/pres

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

They even fold to the GOP when they aren't even in power, why?

That’s the one that always gets me. If you were to chart the ratio of seats held vs power wielded, the Dems would be on the opposite side of the chart from the Republicans. 

their leadership is generally much better at forcing people to get in line. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

Schumer has already started his grandstanding whining and Biden has already said no to term limits. If the Dems had any fight in them, they would've done ANYTHING to at least stall this past the election. Biden's poll numbers might not matter now.

5 minutes ago, visionary said:

They did everything they could.  They stalled it as long as they were able.

They could've impeached Barr, but no. Just let him get away with everything and keep him in place so he can help Trump after they force his pick thru. The dems didn't try much of anything...

• Confused 1
6 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

They could've impeached Barr, but no. Just let him get away with everything and keep him in place so he can help Trump after they force his pick thru. The dems didn't try much of anything...

It's unclear if that would have done anything more than make things worse and look like they were wasting time instead of trying to get things done for people.  Sure it would be nice to air Barr's crimes in public, but not sure what it would accomplish in the end, other than be used to show people they weren't focused on Covid relief.

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, visionary said:

It's unclear if that would have done anything more than make things worse and look like they were wasting time instead of trying to get things done for people.  Sure it would be nice to air Barr's crimes in public, but not sure what it would accomplish in the end, other than be used to show people they weren't focused on Covid relief.

Even if that is the case, we have no covid relief and we still got this horrible pick for the SC. If anything, the dems pulled a double fail. They failed biggly...biggley...bigglie?

Just now, Simmsy said:

Even if that is the case, we have no covid relief and we still got this horrible pick for the SC. If anything, the dems pulled a double fail. They failed biggly...biggley...bigglie?

This makes no sense at all. At you a Bernie supporter?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

They impeached the President and how did that turn out? A winner for the Democratic party? A blow against Trump? No one cares. Ancient history in the 24 hr news cycle.

A Barr impeachment would just be another spectacle drawn out by the GOP. When its over Barr would still be AG and it would be perceived as a win for the right.

Even he was removed Trump would put someone worse in there. 

• Like 1
Just now, Simmsy said:

The point was to fight for the relief and put out bills.  They did what they were supposed to.  I'm torn on the idea of impeaching Barr, but keep in mind that most people have little interest in impeaching Trump or Barr (though it might be different now) or the Russia investigation.  So while it's perhaps appropriate to impeach Barr it accomplishes little and risks being used by the GOP.  It may have been worth it on a moral basis, but it's not at all clear politically.  

• Thanks 1

I feel like they could have tried harder, but of course I dont know how anything works if im being honest. What matters is people vote, and they have not slacked at all in making that a priority so I dont have a problem with them. 

After we win, then I can go after what else they could be doing. But right now that is the priority. 

• Thanks 4
1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

("set your clocks back" cartoon)

Calendars

21 minutes ago, visionary said:

Bernie and his supporters stopped Bernie.

And the voters

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, Mooka said:

They impeached the President and how did that turn out? A winner for the Democratic party? A blow against Trump? No one cares. Ancient history in the 24 hr news cycle.

A Barr impeachment would just be another spectacle drawn out by the GOP. When its over Barr would still be AG and it would be perceived as a win for the right.

Even he was removed Trump would put someone worse in there. 

They were never going to get rid of Barr, the point was to stall past the election. Instead, they turned to the camera, told all of us to vote and put all the responsibility on their constituents instead of fighting for their constituents. A majority of Americans are against a SCOTUS pick this close to an election, they had a lot of leeway in the public eye to try and do something. If they don't fight now, what guarantee do I have that they're going to fight later? They're always kicking the can down the street for the next fight, but they never actually fight. They remind me of that kid in school who acts tough and says "meet me at the flagpole at 3 o'clock", but they never show up.

Edited by Simmsy
10 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

didn’t the house pass COVID relief in May, just to have the senate play politics and note vote on it? They initiated, just to have Mitch and the republicans say..Nah, up yours. It’s tiresome that the Democrats keep getting blamed for the lack of relief when they created a starting point for talks. 

I don’t know what the houses demands were or are, but we have to have negotiation. Didn’t the Republicans just started to negotiate a month ago, then called off talks because they said the dems didn’t want to deal?

its so comforting that the senate keeps blocking everything the dems have wanted to do over the last 12 years. Mitch blocks everything and doesn’t take any votes on a dem project. They’ve made this an us versus them. This is a sport to these people. 

I would be way more accepting of republicans if they tried to fight for the people. Nope, they just block everything and blame the dems as to why they can’t get things done.

just to be clear, the Democrats have major problems as well, but I’ll take them over the current garbage Republican Party. 

• Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

If they don't fight now, what guarantee do I have that they're going to fight later? They're always kicking the can down the street for the next fight, but they never actually fight. 

Sounds like a quote from Gladiator. 

Vote for candidates who will fight then i guess? 

Its easy to easy to fight in politics. Its harder to legislate and represent your constituency.