Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

2 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

if they don't add seats after this bull****, i'm done with the democratic party after this election

If they don't, it won't matter. They'll never be able to win another election again.

• Like 1

that being said, this is nothing new. the supreme court has overwhelmingly sided with conservatives since the beginning. need to not rely on the supreme court for everything anymore, and fight harder to create stronger legislation to change our laws. and how our government represents us

1 minute ago, mammajamma said:

that being said, this is nothing new. the supreme court has overwhelmingly sided with conservatives since the beginning. need to not rely on the supreme court for everything anymore, and fight harder to create stronger legislation to change our laws. and how our government represents us

We need to add Puerto Rico and DC as states, that gives us 4 more senators and more reps. THEN we need to expand the court, no need to be the only ones playing by the rules.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Until the Supreme Court strikes down those laws.

• Like 1
Just now, PokerPacker said:

theyre not supposed to be able to just "strike down" any law they disagree with, if the legislation is adopted correctly, but i see your point. and thats exactly why we need to expand the court

• Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This makes logical sense. This is all the Dems fault. Lol. 

where did i say THIS is all the dems fault? if they dont add seats after gaining power though, it will be their fault

Edited by mammajamma
8 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

just need a large enough majority you can add amendments to the constitution... honestly though it’s just a matter of time till congress uses the “nuclear option” for amendments too...

Just now, mammajamma said:

where did i see THIS is all the dems fault? if they dont add seats after gaining power though, it will be their fault

So lemme get this straight. The GOP stole a seat to lock in a 6-3 conservative majority. You presumably dont like that. So, to express your disgust, you plan on no longer supporting the Democrats if they dont fix the situation they didnt create. I’m just going to assume you are (understandably) frustrated right now. 

3 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

just need a large enough majority you can add amendments to the constitution... honestly though it’s just a matter of time till congress uses the “nuclear option” for amendments too...

lol

good luck

9 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

If you can’t beat them join them or????

i mean, thats not my point, but i guess.. dems have tried to "play nice" for decades while the GOP has not given a **** about any of that. and thats why corporations run elections, its extremely difficult to vote for a lot of people, the senate is not representative of the US population, the president is not representative of voters. and as long as dems try to "play nice", they'll continue to have situations like this pop up.

my point was, time to use the power they have, when they have it, to actually make big changes (like expanding the court - which is not nearly as bad as cramming in an unqualified handmaid to the supreme court a week before an election

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

So lemme get this straight. The GOP stole a seat to lock in a 6-3 conservative majority. You presumably dont like that. So, to express your disgust, you plan on no longer supporting the Democrats if they dont fix the situation they didnt create. I’m just going to assume you are (understandably) frustrated right now. 

a lot of what is happening is because the GOP has played dirty for the past 4-5 decades, while the dems keep playing nice and dont ever want to break precedent (which the GOP has done regularly in that time). obviously my frustration is more with the GOP, but yes I will be frustrated if the dems dont fight back next time they have power

Edited by mammajamma
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

How quickly do they overturn Roe v Wade?

Over/under at 8 months

Females won't have bodily autonomy, will be subject to forced pregnancy a form of slavery.

Same sex marriage will be stricken also. I don't agree with the institution of marriage for anyone. However, if it's okay for a particular segment of the population to marry, it should be legal for other segments.

This is why you need a progressive and not a moderate Dem as president right now. I honestly don't believe that Biden has any interest in expanding the court or rocking the boat at all during his time as president. Hopefully, this shrill being put on the court is a good thing. If RBG held on past the election, it would still be a 5-4 court and the Dems would be happy with that. Now, they HAVE to do something. However, I'm with Mamma, if the Dems do nothing about this, I don't see the point in voting for them anymore. Whats the point of being in power if you never wield it for the good of the people who voted to give it to you? I won't waste my time anymore...

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I mean, if you're too in your feelings to do it for yourself,  at least do it for the people now and in the future who will be hurt further if people like you just give up.

Good lord

who's giving up? i already voted for biden. but we definitely need more progressive options than what the democratic party has been offering up for decades, if they take this election and do nothing with it

7 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

This is why you need a progressive and not a moderate Dem as president right now. I honestly don't believe that Biden has any interest in expanding the court or rocking the boat at all during his time as president. Hopefully, this shrill being put on the court is a good thing. If RBG held on past the election, it would still be a 5-4 court and the Dems would be happy with that. Now, they HAVE to do something. However, I'm with Mamma, if the Dems do nothing about this, I don't see the point in voting for them anymore. Whats the point of being in power if you never wield it for the good of the people who voted to give it to you? I won't waste my time anymore...

This is the damn truth.

They need to pack everything.  That's how I feel right now.

BTW, it is pretty pathetic that the majority of Americans wanted ACB confirmed.  I heard 30% democrats wanted her confirmed. Wth is wrong with them?

The supreme court needs to have bad approval rating.  They seem to be way avove 50%.  

Edited by redskins59