Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

10 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

YES. I believe even if the Nominees from Obama who are higher quality.......it's not the point. I believe it's wrong that they are making those decisions. Dem, Repub, Bull-Moose, Green, whatever. 

This is one of the worst ideas I've heard in a long time. RBG was as sharp as anyone when looking at the future right up until her death, while there are some people with colossally stupid ideas in their 30s and 40s and 50s. See Jim Jordan or Tom Cotton as examples. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, Hersh said:

This is one of the worst ideas I've heard in a long time. RBG was as sharp as anyone when looking at the future right up until her death, while there are some people with colossally stupid ideas in their 30s and 40s and 50s. See Jim Jordan or Tom Cotton as examples. 

She is the rare exception. Not the norm. You're right about Jim Jordan and Tom Cotton. But again, they are just terrible people who convinced the dumbest of the dumb to support them.

Call it ageist. So is not being able to run for Senate at 18 or 21 or 25. 

• Like 1

Would have been nice if this case was brought up during the hearings and made ACB explain herself.....

https://news.yahoo.com/watchdog-group-accuses-amy-coney-222300836.html

"After a 19-year old pregnant prison inmate was repeatedly raped by a prison guard, Amy Coney Barrett ruled that the county responsible for the prison could not be held liable because the sexual assaults fell outside of the guard's official duties. Her judgment demonstrates a level of unconscionable cruelty that has no place on the high court,"

8 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

She is the rare exception. Not the norm. You're right about Jim Jordan and Tom Cotton. But again, they are just terrible people who convinced the dumbest of the dumb to support them.

Call it ageist. So is not being able to run for Senate at 18 or 21 or 25. 

I understand what you are saying but to me the answer is to get rid of life time appointments. 18 or 20 years is plenty for one Justice. There is no reason one should be on the court for 30-40 years.

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, bearrock said:

Saddest part of all this is that Roberts will be viewed as the moderate swing vote because there will be five bat**** crazy "originalist" justices on SCOTUS.

pack the mother ****ing court. Biden will kill Democrats if they don't do it. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Confused 1

This is why McConnell would not allow Obama to select a supreme court nominee, but only that, all the circuit court judges he refused to allow Obama to appoint as well.  The GOP long game has been quiet.  Not from Trump himself, but from the rest of them.  Rig the system in the background so that it doesn't really matters what the voters want.  

Now, imagine if Hillary had appointed 3 judges instead.  All those idiots who wouldn't vote for her, must be sleeping great.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Murkowski talks to GOP senate leadership earlier, now announces she will vote no and then yes on Barrett.

she and others could have just voted no now and then voted yes a few weeks later.....

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1