Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

4 hours ago, tshile said:

I’m going to bet that this ends with the trump supporters telling us it doesn’t matter how much money trump doesn’t have

we’ll probably get arguments that go along the lines of: the irs doesn’t understand wealth

"Look how smart he is, hiding his billions from the IRS."

13 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I don't think it's about whether he doesnt have money or how much he's worth. It's about who paid him & where it came from.  Or maybe that's just me. I dont give a **** what he's worth....where did the money, loans & deductions come from?

You're right. But It would just be funny to see the emperor with no clothes. 

So many (dumb) people said "he'll run this country like a business and he's a successful businessman, so that's why I'm voting for him." 

13 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I don't think it's about whether he doesnt have money or how much he's worth. It's about who paid him & where it came from.  Or maybe that's just me. I dont give a **** what he's worth....where did the money, loans & deductions come from?

I think that's right, it's about who he owes favors to.  In other words, what debts does he have that he's paying off by undermining America's interests, and who does he owe them to?

It's also about how much illegal conduct he engaged in to amass his wealth (such as inflating his net worth and value of assets in order to secure loans, which is bank fraud). 

8 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

So many (dumb) people said "he'll run this country like a business and he's a successful businessman, so that's why I'm voting for him." 

Yea, but this was always a bull**** cover because they can't say "he'll be good to white conservatives like me and mean to everyone we hate."

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I think that's right, it's about who he owes favors to.  In other words, what debts does he have that he's paying off by undermining America's interests, and who does he owe them to?

It's also about how much illegal conduct he engaged in to amass his wealth (such as inflating his net worth and value of assets in order to secure loans, which is bank fraud). 

Yea, but this was always a bull**** cover because they can't say "he'll be good to white conservatives like me and mean to everyone we hate."

That's a big part of it but I also think, it's true amount of his true wealth. Don judges people by the amount of wealth they have.  The guy complained or sued,  when they stated his wealth wasn't 10 billion.  I think he really isn't a billionaire,  that most of assets is really debt and that he doesn't really own most of his assets.

Cynical me thinks that if I'm RBG, I've got a medical Advance Directive stating that even if I'm completely brain dead, I want to be artificially kept legally alive till Jan 21st.  

• Thanks 5
  • Sad 1
23 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Hope Ruth can hang on until a Dem senate takes over in January and Joe can nominate her replacement.

She sounds confident.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/17/politics/rbg-hospital-statement/index.html

On May 19, I began a course of chemotherapy (gemcitabine) to treat a recurrence of cancer. A periodic scan in February followed by a biopsy revealed lesions on my liver. My recent hospitalizations to remove gall stones and treat an infection were unrelated to this recurrence.

Immunotherapy first essayed proved unsuccessful. The chemotherapy course, however, is yielding positive results. Satisfied that my treatment course is now clear, I am providing this information.

My most recent scan on July 7 indicated significant reduction of the liver lesions and no new disease. I am tolerating chemotherapy well and am encouraged by the success of my current treatment. I will continue bi-weekly chemotherapy to keep my cancer at bay, and am able to maintain an active daily routine. Throughout, I have kept up with opinion writing and all other Court work.

I have often said I would remain a member of the Court as long as I can do the job full steam. I remain fully able to do that.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Hope Ruth can hang on until a Dem senate takes over in January and Joe can nominate her replacement.

RBG is tough. She’ll get to January, even if it’s on fumes. Unfortunately Biden, like many Dems before him will make a principled appointment of a highly qualified, center left 65 year old that believes in justice and being “fair”. Brilliant.🙄 

Edited by The Sisko
  • Sad 1

I’m sure it’s not Brett Kavanaugh leaking all of this. It’s not like he has a well documented history of speaking off the record to DC reporters.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 2
26 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I’m sure it’s not Brett Kavanaugh leaking all of this. It’s not like he has a well documented history of speaking off the record to DC reporters.

He's probably drunkenly leaking to Squee

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

He's probably drunkenly leaking to Squee

Nah, that definitely sounds like something PJ would do.

I haven't read it yet, but whats the arc of the article? That the republican justices aren't so bad or that they're not doing their job in a conservative sense?

39 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Nah, that definitely sounds like something PJ would do.

I haven't read it yet, but whats the arc of the article? That the republican justices aren't so bad or that they're not doing their job in a conservative sense?

It's just how the decisions got made this term. Republican justices not doing their job in a conservative sense is probably what the person who leaked it trying to convey though.

• 2 weeks later...