Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Oh.  Excellent.  We have a compromise.  

Adoption agencies that want to discriminate against gay couples (because of the agency's religion) should be allowed under existing laws, just like existing laws allow Muslim adoption agencies.  After all, have to treat all religions the same.  

I thought this was gonna be harder.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Updated on Rachel just now...she will be participating in oral arguments by phone tomorrow. 

The case being heard deals with religious freedom, birth control, etc. 

She's such a badass. ❤

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Is Clarence retiring or something? Would anyone even noticed if he did?

He won't say anything until/unless it becomes and issue, but he'll be 72 next month.  Outside of his jurisprudence, he is very political.  His wife is a right-wing lobbyist.  If Biden wins the election, I wouldn't be surprised to see him step down so McConnell/Trump can replace him with someone younger before Biden assumes office to ensure his seat remains very conservative.  

47 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

He won't say anything until/unless it becomes and issue, but he'll be 72 next month.  Outside of his jurisprudence, he is very political.  His wife is a right-wing lobbyist.  If Biden wins the election, I wouldn't be surprised to see him step down so McConnell/Trump can replace him with someone younger before Biden assumes office to ensure his seat remains very conservative.  

Even more damning if cocaine Mitch loses too. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Even more damning if cocaine Mitch loses too. 

Cocaine Mitch will make sure he doesn't lose.  The ballots are already rigged for his reelection.

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

@Burgold  Can you update the thread title to general Supreme Court talk or something like that?

Not sure if the title change is a winner, but I gave it a go.

• Like 3
On 5/5/2020 at 11:04 PM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Seems dangerous that being politically biased is becoming a requirement for judges who want to advance their careers.

I've had the (completely unsupported) opinion for decades that, to be a Supreme Court Justice, one must have spent the last 20 years making it very clear that one is the most partisan person on the planet, behind closed doors.  While never ever once saying so in writing, or in front of non-partisan gatherings.  Not once in your life.  

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From Clayton County, GA case...

Per MSNBC and Pete Williams, ruling is 6-3 in favor of LGBTQ workers right to not be fired for bias. 

Gorsuch joined Roberts in the decision. 

I'm curious to read the dissent. 🙄

• Like 4