Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

34 minutes ago, justice98 said:

McCain did that for the healthcare vote.  Different circumstance, but voting yes, then no in the final vote wouldn't be unheard of.

How often does that happen? If anyone I thought might grow a spine and vote no was Flake, but he Flaked. GOP might as well be made up of a bunch brainless jellyfish because they are all invertebrates.  I'll be happy to be wrong, I want to be wrong.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

How often does that happen? If anyone I thought might grow a spine and vote no was Flake, but he Flaked. GOP might as well be made up of a bunch brainless jellyfish because they are all invertebrates.  I'll be happy to be wrong, I want to be wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were a decent number of R Senators who have serious reservations about Kav and would possibly vote No in a vacuum (as others have said you could grab another Heritage Foundation clone off of a list who would rule mostly the same way but without all the sexual assault and screaming right wing conspiracy theories business). But they're political cowards and are terrified of Trump's base.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there were a decent number of R Senators who have serious reservations about Kav and would possibly vote No in a vacuum (as others have said you could grab another Heritage Foundation clone off of a list who would rule mostly the same way but without all the sexual assault and screaming right wing conspiracy theories business). But they're political cowards and are terrified of Trump's base.

I think he would have failed if today was July 5 and not Oct 5.

So, McConnell had lunch with Collins.  And Collins is set to announce her vote in about an hour.

I would think that means shes a yes.  Otherwise McConnell would be maneuvering away from the vote.

3 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I think he would have failed if today was July 5 and not Oct 5.

So, McConnell had lunch with Collins.  And Collins is set to announce her vote in about an hour.

I would think that means shes a yes.  Otherwise McConnell would be maneuvering away from the vote.

Wonder what he offered her in concessions. Maybe some pork spending for her state. 

That or he just threatened to have her primaried for 2020 if she voted no.

• Like 1

Just now, mistertim said:

Wonder what he offered her in concessions. Maybe some pork spending for her state. 

That or he just threatened to have her primaried for 2020 if she voted no.

probably a bit of both.

If she's a yes, I bet Manchin comes along as 51.

"Feel the pain of sneering liberal elites"

That is real rich. 

Elitism, privilege, & wealth have little to do with someone's politics.  To act like Kavanaugh is not a privileged elite individual is ridiculous. (Same as Trump, I still marvel at how he went from NY elite douche bag to "cares about the forgotten man"  in a single campaign cycle) He likely grew up and spent most of his life shoulder to shoulder with the liberal elites,  Despite their differences politically, I would assume in a lot of ways they are very much the same.  

It's amazing how Conservatives have sort of morphed "elitism" from being wealthy, to being intelligent. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

so far Collins is putting it to the dems blisteringly hard for their behaviors in this process as she sees it...i think her fire will catch some off guard

This speech does not sound like somebody that was on the fence.  This sounds like Grassley wrote it.

• Like 1

Just now, Jumbo said:

so far Collins is putting it to the dems blisteringly hard for their behaviors in this process as she sees it...i think her fire will catch some off guard

TBH, none of this should be surprising. The GOP butthurt is strong on this matter. How dare the priveleged white male be questioned and accused! 

• Confused 1