Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

* Caps were not in playoff mode yesterday. Carolina dominated the first half of the first period, and took advantage of Cap lapses in the third. 

Caps need to play a more complete game from now on.

* Backstrom scoring two continued the trend from the 2018 playoffs: Caps getting scoring from unlikely sources. This needs to continue.

* Carolina served notice: they are not going to be a speedbump. And we can forget scoreboard watching either. Whoever we face in the RD 2 is going to

be tough, be it NYI or PITT. So lets concentrate on this series. 

* Vrana needs to be on the 2nd line, Hags on the 3rd. Enough dithering. 

I agree. We looked very sloppy in the defensive zone and our overall play lacked the same “crispness” we played with last year. Last nights game showed me that we are more skilled then they are, and we can even get away with sub par play, but that runs out quick in the playoffs. Side note: Kuznetsov’s game is absolutely broken right now. I hope he’s dealing with an injury cause the alternative is mental. Broken.

2 minutes ago, Kurd Cudins said:

I agree. We looked very sloppy in the defensive zone and our overall play lacked the same “crispness” we played with last year. Last nights game showed me that we are more skilled then they are, and we can even get away with sub par play, but that runs out quick in the playoffs. Side note: Kuznetsov’s game is absolutely broken right now. I hope he’s dealing with an injury cause the alternative is mental. Broken.

Well he did make that awesome pass to Backstrom in the first, but other than that, yeah, you're right. 

6 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Well he did make that awesome pass to Backstrom in the first, but other than that, yeah, you're right. 

That’s the thing. He still seems capable, but he is making terrible decisions. Often, holding the puck for WAY too long. His propensity to bring the puck out of the offensive zone, even though we are already set, is also quite frustrating. 

11 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

430 row Q. Standing all night long!!!!

I can't remember standing up for anything but the anthem and goal scores and the military tribute. I'm too old to stand up all game. Plus people behind would complain. Damn. It was getting raucous late and everyone started standing and I couldn't do it. Knees too shot. 

11 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

LET’S GO CAPS!!!!!

Since I'm going to Game 2 I figured I might as well get the Greene Turtle cup then. I also heard some other bars were giving away Oshie shirts but you had to buy a pitcher of beer and I'm not doing that, especially when I'm flying solo. What am I going to do, buy a big pitcher of beer just for a shirt? I'm obsessed with memorabilia but not that obsessed. 

31 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I can't remember standing up for anything but the anthem and goal scores and the military tribute. I'm too old to stand up all game. Plus people behind would complain. Damn. It was getting raucous late and everyone started standing and I couldn't do it. Knees too shot. 

Dude, I'm 41 and spent years in the Army ****ing my knees up. Standing for a couple hours isn't gonna hurt ya.

12 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

One of the Nats led the Let’s Go Caps chants. Forget which one and I’m too lazy to look it up.

Adam Eaton 

5 hours ago, Mournblade said:

* Caps were not in playoff mode yesterday.

I think this is a BIG part of it. I think we can handle any team, on any night....if they want to. My hope is that they kind of took their time settling in and getting used to playoff hockey again. I'm confident.

5 hours ago, Kurd Cudins said:

That’s the thing. He still seems capable, but he is making terrible decisions. Often, holding the puck for WAY too long. His propensity to bring the puck out of the offensive zone, even though we are already set, is also quite frustrating. 

Maybe it has something to with him being on the same line as Oshie and Hagelin. When Hagelin was first acquired, he was on the 4th line. Why is he now on the 2nd line? It seems strange. 

they were just talking about this on 980. I think Scott Linn is right that it wasn't a great performance. They will need to be better. But, they did win. Tampa and Pittsburgh both found ways to lose. So, there is plenty to work on before Game 2. The fans of course are fanatic and chant "back to back" after 1 game in the playoffs. 

The difference is last night when they gave up those 2 goals. We didn't feel like "here we go again" because worst can scenario isn't always going to happen. They got over the hump. They know they can beat anybody. They have a mix of Veterans/Youth and Experience.

I don't know if I believe they'll repeat. But I don't feel as nervous anymore.

Archived