Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

I told hubby what y'all were saying about Jensen (we hadn't seen him yet)...great skater. I had a Peter Forsberg flashback. 💖

And Hagelin was almost who he was with the 🐧. Can't wait till he gets settled in a little better. 

Tom Wilson is a god. 🤑

BACK TO BACK! 

On 3/7/2019 at 9:04 AM, OVCChairman said:

Yeah i'm liking what i'm seeing.  We're getting momentum, just have to maintain it through 3 periods.  Shouldnt have fallen behind 2-0 to Ottawa but love scoring a TD on them.  Don't like falling behind the Islanders, but 3 goals in the 3rd is good.  It's time to ramp it up, and it looks like they're doing it.  

To be fair to the team, we won a cup last year playing for two periods for most of the playoffs lol. 

Just need to ensure we time that 40 minutes correctly.

7 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Flat out getting outplayed by half a Devils team. Embarrassing. 

Amazing how well Caps played last game to how bad in this one. Bad passing, can’t keep the puck on their sticks, and May talking about bad ice. The devils have toplay on it too. 

The Devils want the Caps to keep cutting back and trying to force the puck inside. Playing right into their hands. Yet we continue to do it. Cycle the puck. Lean on them. They want to overload on the puck, and we are making it easy on them. Hell, they cleared the puck 6 times on a 5 on 3. 

Looking at the schedule. It would not surprise me if we see Copley start only once more the rest of the way. Only one more back to back all season. 

I shouldn’t do more than one thing at a time 

7 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Went to the game tonight. Kind of a boring one. Highlight of the night was my wife leaving to go to the bathroom and coming back with a beer for me  and a Tom Wilson sweater for her. 

Correct pick, dear. 

Did she sleep in it? 🤣

10 hours ago, Hersh said:

Looking at the schedule. It would not surprise me if we see Copley start only once more the rest of the way. Only one more back to back all season. 

I shouldn’t do more than one thing at a time 

Depends on how well we are playing I suppose.  Giving Holtby some rest down the stretch worked out last season.  It would be nice to have the luxury to do it again this season.  Copley doesn't inspire the same confidence that Grubauer did though...

Archived