Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

The number of goals and the manner in which we're giving them up, is getting embarrassing.. Not sure they remember how to play a structured, shut down style anymore? 2 goal lead and Kuznetsov is dangling at the blue line at the end of a power play.. lol 

Are they allowed to practice during their "off" week? Cause they need a serious reboot. Not sure how you get them to make better decisions, but that's what is needed. The entire philosophy needs to change. Just can't get my head around the style they were playing and decisions they were making, while in a 5 game skid, at home, with a multi goal lead.. 

17 hours ago, Hersh said:

I’m excited we let a Stanley Cup winning coach get away. Lots of pressure on the coaches to get this righted and get far in the playoffs.

That Stanley Cup winning coach also struggled in the season and failed to play young players like Vrana.

14 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Yes. He was criticized repeatedly for not playing Vrana as well as other young players. 

I’m not worried about this team at this point. My point is that the way the Caps went about the coaching situation puts a lot of pressure on the new head coach. 

Archived