Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

6 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Obviously the D is playing like crap today, but Im convinced 92 and 77 are still suffering concussion symptoms (and Backstrom is scared he's gonna get one) lol 

I was about to say the same thing...more so about Kuznetsov.  I think Oshie is just slightly off his pace from last year.  I'm more worried about Kuznetsov, because he really hasn't been the same guy since getting his bell rung.  The creativity on offense is completely missing.  He's not right. 

Braden Holtby is another one that we should probably be discussing as well.  He's been better this year, but the past two seasons, outside of the cup run in the playoffs, he's been EXTREMELY average.  I know it's easy to place blame on the defensemen not helping him out, but he's got a job to do as well...

10 hours ago, max21 said:

Just read a tweet that the capitals held a players only meeting after the loss, anyone have any speculation on what that entitles?

Mostly guys just saying wakeup, we are better than this, we all have to play better, this isnt how we won the Cup, etc. etc

Sometiemes it indicates lake of trust in the coaching staff, guys trying to rally around each other cuz they dont expect help from the coaching staff, but I dont think thats whats going on here.  I think they just realize they are too well-coached, and too talented to be playing as bad as they are, and thats on each of them as individuals to fix.

Im happy to see it, I actually trust we got the leaders to get this fixed before the coaching staff or even GM have to step in and do something drastic.   

2 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

You know it could be that they just played in the longest postseason and feeling that lull.  The break is coming this weekend.  They will be fine.  

I don’t buy the playoff hangover theory.  They’re moatly recovering from bumps and bruises, not broke bones or torn ligaments.

Archived