Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

I've lived in Massachusetts my entire 43 years of existence. 

I've always been a fan of all Boston teams except for football as I've been a huge skins fan my entire life, but I even used to kinda consider the Patriots my second team because of the hometown connection. 

God damn Boston fans are so arrogant and obnoxious that not only was I rooting for Philadelphia in the super bowl I'm not even sure I want the Bruins to win the Stanley cup anymore. 

And I never thought I'd get that way.

If I see one more post on Facebook talking about how deprived we are because it's been weeks since we've won a championship I may go off on someone. 

That was a fun game to watch last night. The Blues completely dominated the OT period. They deserved to win and did. I couldn’t find it on the recap on the NHL app, but it seemed like the Blues had the puck in the offensive zone for about 2 minutes before they scored. It probably wasn’t that long, but for the Boston defense it probably felt like an eternity. Game 3 in St Louis will be a key game. Hopefully they Blues continue to outplay the Bruins. 

23 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

One year ago today! 

Crazy it’s been a year, I went to game 3 of the finals and it was such an awesome day. Last summer was really one of the best of my life and I’m still thankful I got to see at least one of my 2 teams win a Championship. 

NBCSW will be showing game 5 of last year’s SCF on Friday night for the 1 year anniversary of when we won it all, as well as re-airing the caps parade on June 12th. For anyone who wants to re-live the magic :) 

i tweeted to the caps that if they were smart they’d open up Capital One Arena for a viewing party Friday for those that want to have a few beers and re-live game 5 😂😂 who knows, maybe they’ll listen!! 

52 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

Well boys and girls, we are Stanley Cup Champions for a few more hours. I turned on game 7 and got chills watching the intro and seeing Ovechkin raise the cup again. I hope I never losing that feeling. 

I never will.

For this generation last year's Cup was what the Gibbs I era Skins fans still feel 30+ years later.

19 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Amazing that Boston probably has 10 scoring chances to 2, and St. Louis is up 2-0.

A Blues goal in the first 10 min of 2nd period and Rask is gonna get pullled...

I'm not watching but I would be stunned if they pulled Rask. He's the reason they are in game 7 of the finals. 

40 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Amazing that Boston probably has 10 scoring chances to 2, and St. Louis is up 2-0.

A Blues goal in the first 10 min of 2nd period and Rask is gonna get pullled...

Binnington playing like a god

7 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Rask is going to be the Conn Smythe winner whether Boston wins the Cup or not. 

Definite possibility. Certainly if they win it's a lock. Would be weird for Rask I bet otherwise

Archived