Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Meh, not angry. Canes were the better side for the most of the last two games. It wasn't like we were unlucky and dominating and lost due to some hot goalie crap. The Canes outplayed us. The better team won.

This is just a crazy year in the NHL. So many top teams lost. We just happened to be one of them.

On to next year.

I will also say that I think the Capitals are just spent as a team. It's been a long three seasons. There might be some relief for Caps players. Ovechkin didn't seem to upset. They need a chance to have a long off-season

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Welp, that’s what happens when your defensive plan relies on dumping pucks up the boards like a beer league team with little to no adjustment.

Sucks our season’s over.  Trotz would’ve had us better prepared.

Huge lost opportunity considering Tampa and Pens are out. 

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

This is why you don't get rid of the coach that led you to the Stanley Cup. **** GMBM and that decision. Been waiting to say that for awhile. 

How much more was Barry asking for? Didn't look like a lot though for a coach that got you the cup. 

Oh well, they can't take it back! We got a cup...  This group needs to find some fire though, they played like they were asleep about half the time.. Certainly didn't deserve that one. I think the non adjustment to the weak ass PP is what's most disappointing about the coaching.. That much talent looking like dopes with a man advantage shouldn't be acceptable. Anyway, catch ya'll next year! 

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Also, GMGM pretty much built that Stanley Cup roster.

I give GMBM for a couple moves, but the drafting needs to start producing AND the Caps are locked into a ton of big contracts now. Some big decisions to be made this off-season to keep the window open. 

Archived