Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

10 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

Going back to Raleigh will be tough. Their crowd will be fired up and the team feeds off the the crowd. The Caps need to bring that same intensity they had tonight. The Hurricanes didn’t look like they belonged on the same ice as the Caps tonight. I expect a better Carolina team on Monday, but if the Caps play like they did tonight, it won’t matter how the Hurricanes play.

If the Caps play like they did last night, it literally doesn’t matter what Carolina does. 

4 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

If the Caps play like they did last night, it literally doesn’t matter what Carolina does. 

And to me it looks like it comes down to hussle. We out hustled them, and certainly beat them up. The games we lose we often look more lackadaisical. 

We really disrupted their speed and the timing of their offense by being so physical last night.  The goal scored by Connolly was a direct result of the Hurricane player knowing that Ovi was going to crush him if he touched the loose puck.  That allowed Ovi to get the pass to Connolly.

Oh good lord....i cant with stupid people on twitter 😂😂😂 this guy suggested on Friday night that the hurricanes should be leading the series 12-9. Reason why? That’s how many goals they have in the playoff series (12 goals) against our 9 (well, until last night anyway). 

He said, AND I QUOTE, “12-9, if America believes in democracy, the NHL would do the right thing and say the hurricanes are winning. Americans love democracy, you do not believe the NHL will turn it’s back on Americans? Of those 12 goals scored, by forcing the hurricanes to a 2-2 tie, 3 of those goals do not matter. Do votes not matter to most of America?” 

And apparently he wasn’t expecting to be “belittled” (me calling him a moron for his stupid way of thinking) when he suggested his stupid idea 😂😂😂 

7 minutes ago, max21 said:

Am I the only one that hates Vegas for no reason at all

No.  I imagine some of it has to with them being the darlings of the NHL last year, and part because Fleury is their goaltender.

8 minutes ago, max21 said:

Am I the only one that hates Vegas for no reason at all

Well i dont know anyone else’s feelings about them, but i like Vegas. They weren’t a problem for the caps in the SCF last year (seeing as how we won the series 4-1) so i havent had a reason to hate them yet. They made history in their first year as a franchise last year, and are back in the playoffs once again. I would LOVE a repeat of the SCF, if it’s possible 

13 minutes ago, China said:

No.  I imagine some of it has to with them being the darlings of the NHL last year, and part because Fleury is their goaltender.

That and Reaves. Both for his blatant cross check that kept the Caps from a sweep last year and then him celebrating the hit on Wilson that probably gets Wilson suspended for 40 games if it was the other way around.

Give the Caps credit in the SCF last year. They really neutralized a VGK team that had been playing very well......the Knights really never had much of a chance in games 3 and 4 at Capital One.

Think a lot of disdain for VGK from some Caps fans Is because GMGM and remembering the bad Forsberg trade.

I went to the Caps-VGK regular season game in Vegas this year (early December) and it was a great atmosphere. Not just the tacky pre-game stuff, but all throughout the game. 

Vegas definitely worked the system in building that team (no problem with that). But the system was so in their favor this time to start with, that's what I have a problem with. Being a secondary fan of a West coast team doesn't help either (good to see the Sharks force Game 7 tonight).

Maybe my every year dream of a Caps/Sharks Stanley cup will come true one year. 

23 hours ago, Springfield said:

Just do the same thing Monday on that **** ice in Raleigh and we'll be good.

Score first, that's key.

that's the problem though they haven't stepped up away from home so far. Game 3 was a total dud and they let in a goal 17 seconds into Game 4. 

Until I see it happen I will continue to be skeptical. Raleigh will be loud game 6. 

Archived