Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

2 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

I have hard time buying that. The Caps looked like world beaters down the stretch. They drew Carolina, which was a surprise and arguably

the weakest of the Eastern Conf teams.  Then Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay were unexpectedly swept. They are getting breaks like they haven't

seen  since the 1998 run. How could they not be motivated? 

This is for everyone: The Blackhawks won 3 Cups in 6 years in 2010, 2013, 2015. In the years they didn't win it, here is what happened: 2011- first round exit in 7 games, 2012- first round exit in 6 games, 2014- conference finals exit in 7 games. The year after the Kings won their 2nd Cup in 3 years, they missed the playoffs. It's not easy to repeat. It's not a guaranteed to win a series.  

18 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

There is a reason back to backs are so hard. Its difficult to have that same level of hunger and intensity consistently once you've already won one. I do think this team will dig deep and pull it out though.If you can't believe after winning a god damn Stanley Cup then when will you?

If a long snake bitten Caps team that has been burned so many times in postseason can’t get up well we got real issues...

23 minutes ago, Hersh said:

This is for everyone: The Blackhawks won 3 Cups in 6 years in 2010, 2013, 2015. In the years they didn't win it, here is what happened: 2011- first round exit in 7 games, 2012- first round exit in 6 games, 2014- conference finals exit in 7 games. The year after the Kings won their 2nd Cup in 3 years, they missed the playoffs. It's not easy to repeat. It's not a guaranteed to win a series.  

Those teams were built for future runs. We are not. We are built for win now. 

Ugh. Just got back from the watch party. Da **** is happening??? We NEED game 5 Saturday night so we can guarantee that AT THE WORST, game 7 is back in DC. Gaaahhhh how the actual **** did we get from 2-0 to HERE??? 

If we lose Saturday night, i think We lose the series. If we win Saturday night, i think it’s a 50/50 shot. 

UGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH 

15 minutes ago, Hersh said:

That does not make any sense. 

Our core players are not young. Atleast our main producers. Do we have some young talented and prospects? Yes. Are they ready to carry the load? No.  The end of the day we still rely heavily on Ovi which we seemly had gotten away from finally.  

8 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Our core players are not young. Atleast our main producers. Do we have some young talented and prospects? Yes. Are they ready to carry the load? No.  The end of the day we still rely heavily on Ovi which we seemly had gotten away from finally.  

Don't double down on this. Once you win a Cup, even with young superstars, you aren't building for future runs. If anything you are built to win again before everyone needs to get paid big dollars. 

Setting that aside, the Caps being built to win now doesn't make it easy. They've been really good in the playoffs the last three seasons and have a Cup to show for it. At some point they will have a bad playoff run.

I just got home from the game. For the life of me, I can’t figure out how that wasn’t a major penalty on the hit on Oshie. I don’t know if that would have changed the outcome of the game, but Carolina has had dangerous boarding hits  in back to back games. Last game the refs didn’t even call a penalty. Tonight it seemed like they reluctantly called on. When you aren’t calling penalties and you aren’t dishing out discipline from the league for hits like that, bad things happen. This time, someone got seriously hurt. If the league is OK with dangerous hits like that, then fine. But I don’t think they are. 

Going to be in Nashville starting on Monday for a week so I’ll miss game 6 (and 7, if it comes to that). Anyone know if Monday’s game would be nationally televised, or if a sports bar in Nashville would have it on? I mean it’s not that big of a deal, if i gotta check my phone for updates i can, I’m just curious. 

43 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Going to be in Nashville starting on Monday for a week so I’ll miss game 6 (and 7, if it comes to that). Anyone know if Monday’s game would be nationally televised, or if a sports bar in Nashville would have it on? I mean it’s not that big of a deal, if i gotta check my phone for updates i can, I’m just curious. 

I actually think that CNBC or a channel like that has the playoff games if you're out of the local HTS market 

1067 today. "CAPS CHOKING AGAIN DIAL IN WILL REDSKINS DRAFT DWAYNE HASKINS CALL IN CALL IN HEY JUNKS IT'S BRUCE IN ASHBURN I WANTED TO KNOW IF WE COULD TRADE RYAN KERRIGAN TO NEW ENGLAND FOR TOM BRADY I WILL HANG UP AND LISTEN" 

terrible TERRIBLE station 

Archived