Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

Crazy to think this year won’t have a Pitt/Wash playoff series. I’m glad Pitt got swept, after all those years of the Pens beating us I’m glad those fans get to feel what it’s like, don’t feel bad for them at all. **** em. Honestly if we make it to the second round which I think we will, what a series it’ll be vs trotz and those boys. 

Anyone know why we’re the only team that played last night that isn’t playing tomorrow night? (NOT THAT I’M COMPLAINING, especially after that loss last night). But a part of me just wants to have our game 4 be tomorrow night as well, now that Tampa and Pittsburgh are eliminated, just so i can watch and see what happens in our series. I want to know faster who will win this series. 

And now Barry Trotz can start game planning against us starting tonight, and you know he REALLY wants this match-up to prove the Capital's MGMT wrong for not paying up to keep him last year.  Better figure out the Kempny workaround before this series is over, as that will be probably be the first place that Trotz looks to exploit.

4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Anyone know why we’re the only team that played last night that isn’t playing tomorrow night? (NOT THAT I’M COMPLAINING, especially after that loss last night). But a part of me just wants to have our game 4 be tomorrow night as well, now that Tampa and Pittsburgh are eliminated, just so i can watch and see what happens in our series. I want to know faster who will win this series. 

My guess is, and its just a guess,that they are moving the Capitals schedule around like this since they are the defending champions, in order to get more of the games on national television 

For those of you worrying about the Islanders and Columbus, just remember out path last year:

1. Columbus (kind of the equivalent of Carolina this year)

2. Pittsburgh (2nd best team in the East)

3. Tampa (Best team in the East)

That's a tougher road than our likely path this year. Plus this year's team is arguably better -- all the young players like Wilson, Vrana,

Conolly and Bura are more experienced and improved, and this is a team that, finally, believes in itself. 

10 hours ago, SkinsFanRob said:

Caps HAVE TO take care of Carolina 

THIS.

Too many folks, some blogs included, are loving the fact that TB/Pit got swept...all while not realizing that this Caps team is in a dogfight right now w/ the Hurricanes, and could easily be down 2-1 in the series.  It won't be a good look with all this celebrating going on, this Caps team doesn't make it out of round 1. 

9 hours ago, Redskins_SF said:

And now Barry Trotz can start game planning against us starting tonight, and you know he REALLY wants this match-up to prove the Capital's MGMT wrong for not paying up to keep him last year.  Better figure out the Kempny workaround before this series is over, as that will be probably be the first place that Trotz looks to exploit.

I don’t actually but this at all. Trotz strikes me as having a really grounded perspective on life and he won’t get caught up in who they play next. The Islanders will stick to their methodical game plan regardless.

8 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

THIS.

Too many folks, some blogs included, are loving the fact that TB/Pit got swept...all while not realizing that this Caps team is in a dogfight right now w/ the Hurricanes, and could easily be down 2-1 in the series.  It won't be a good look with all this celebrating going on, this Caps team doesn't make it out of round 1. 

There is a lot of assuming going on by Caps fans. We will find out a lot about this playoff team next game. 

22 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

For those of you worrying about the Islanders and Columbus, just remember out path last year:

1. Columbus (kind of the equivalent of Carolina this year)

2. Pittsburgh (2nd best team in the East)

3. Tampa (Best team in the East)

That's a tougher road than our likely path this year. Plus this year's team is arguably better -- all the young players like Wilson, Vrana,

Conolly and Bura are more experienced and improved, and this is a team that, finally, believes in itself. 

I don’t get this argument that they are better. They never got thrashed last playoff run and they don’t have the same edge from not having won a Cup before. Plus last years team constantly won on the road which is super impressive. 

11 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I don’t actually but this at all. Trotz strikes me as having a really grounded perspective on life and he won’t get caught up in who they play next. The Islanders will stick to their methodical game plan regardless.

There is a lot of assuming going on by Caps fans. We will find out a lot about this playoff team next game. 

I'm a firm believer in treading lightly.  We're really in no position to be gloating about anything at the present moment.  At least I think the players are taking things one game at a time, but we gotta stop thinking about the Isles/Trotz until we actually get to that point.  Let's get through Carolina first. 

26 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Buuuut, the Caps ARE up 2-1. It's silly when we make statements like "they could easily be this or that."  The reality is that we STILL have the lead in a friggin playoff hockey matchup. On to the next game boys and girls.

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I don’t get this argument that they are better. They never got thrashed last playoff run and they don’t have the same edge from not having won a Cup before. Plus last years team constantly won on the road which is super impressive. 

You don't think Tom Wilson is a better player than last year? Jakub Vrana? Brett Connoly is miles better than last year. Hagelin in the bottom 6 is a significant improvement too. On the D side they are clearly weaker without Kempny. 

But even they are roughly the same as last year, it still bodes well. 

Archived