Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

14 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Should also be aired on NBC Sports Washington or CSN or whatever for us local folks too, I believe.  In fact, I would assume that USA is blacked out for local folks.

Can somebody double check that for me?

What about down here in Norfolk?  I get USA but not NBCS or CSN.  Will it be blacked out?

26 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

What about down here in Norfolk?  I get USA but not NBCS or CSN.  Will it be blacked out?

I think you’ll be fine for USA.  You don’t get NBC Sports Network?  That’s like the primary cable network for NHL games...

It's been years since I've been to a game but I am going to get tickets for game 2 on Saturday. 

Those of you who have gone often and in various seats, do you prefer side view or behind the net?  I've only ever sat behind the net and I liked how you could see plays develop and stuff due to the angle, but obviuosly stuff on the other side was further away.

I'm just curious what you all think about the different views for watching in person.  I'd be willing to pay for more for side if it's generally better.  

I also think I'm going to just get tickets up high rather than down low, cause price lol.

EDIT:

Nevermind, got tickets in 409 already.

4 hours ago, purbeast said:

It's been years since I've been to a game but I am going to get tickets for game 2 on Saturday. 

Those of you who have gone often and in various seats, do you prefer side view or behind the net?  I've only ever sat behind the net and I liked how you could see plays develop and stuff due to the angle, but obviuosly stuff on the other side was further away.

I'm just curious what you all think about the different views for watching in person.  I'd be willing to pay for more for side if it's generally better.  

I also think I'm going to just get tickets up high rather than down low, cause price lol.

EDIT:

Nevermind, got tickets in 409 already.

I like side view, nosebleed seats kinda suck but obviously cheaper. I’ve sat next to the ice and it’s cool and all but I’ll probably never do it again, I was looking at the Jumbotron most of the game. Are you going to Saturday’s game? I’m thinking about getting tickets today.

4 minutes ago, max21 said:

I like side view, nosebleed seats kinda suck but obviously cheaper. 

It depends on where you are in the 400's (which is what I assume you mean by nosebleeds).  Rows A - C on the upper deck sides and corners allow you to see the entire ice, and still close enough to read the names on the players jerseys.  The first few rows on the upper deck ends are good too, but you won't get a great view of the opposite goal.  Over the past 20 years I think I've sat in literally every section of Capital One Arena/Verizon Center/MCI Center, and the first few rows of the upper deck provide a better view than a lot of areas in the lower level (especially lower ends and seats within 5 rows of the glass).

Obviously the higher up you go in the 400s, the worse the view.  There is a huge difference between the first few rows of the uppers and 10 rows back.

1 hour ago, max21 said:

I like side view, nosebleed seats kinda suck but obviously cheaper. I’ve sat next to the ice and it’s cool and all but I’ll probably never do it again, I was looking at the Jumbotron most of the game. Are you going to Saturday’s game? I’m thinking about getting tickets today.

Yeah I got tickets in 409 row L.  They were $87 + fees which worked out to $107 a ticket.

There were 4 that were in the same section but row D and were $127 + fees but those sold out before I jumped on them.  We were gonna pay more for the 8 rows closer but oh well, couldn't do it.  I saw other sets of 4 tickets back there down closer to row D but they were like $200+ a piece so I'm just not doing that. I saw some for $300 that were front row in upper deck. 

I just hope the jumbotron doesn't obstruct views or too much of it being up that high.  

28 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I just hope the jumbotron doesn't obstruct views or too much of it being up that high.  

You'll be able to see the whole ice without the jumbotron getting in the way.

As with any other stadium, some seats are better than others.  But there are really no "bad" seats in Capital One Arena for hockey.  Your seats are good and I am sure you'll have a great time.

Just now, capcrunch98 said:

You'll be able to see the whole ice without the jumbotron getting in the way.

As with any other stadium, some seats are better than others.  But there are really no "bad" seats in Capital One Arena for hockey.  Your seats are good and I am sure you'll have a great time.

Cool that is good to hear.

My bro in law just sent me pics from his season tickets in section 408 row K, and the view looks fine.  Considering 409 is one over and we're 1 row up, I'm sure we'll have fine views.

Yeah, there aren’t really any bad seats in the place.  That said, my preference is high up in the 100’s, closer to Center ice if possible.

Actually, the seats down really low can sometimes be annoying.  You can lose the puck along the curvature of the glass and in certain corners and end up looking up at the Jumbotron to follow the play.

Sucks that we have to wait until Thursday night to play game 1. I’ve been getting much more into hockey this year so i was really hoping we’d play Wednesday night. Good thing is I’m planning to watch all, or most, of the games this year, so I’ll have something to watch Wednesday. Even if it’s not caps hockey. 

The best seats in the place is anything in the 200s mid level. A bit more pricey but worth it IMO. It’s also awesome having your own bathroom at club level. But anyways I’m really glad we’re not playing CBJ or NY first round. I will be at one of these games, once I figure out my work schedule 

I am getting ****ing PUMPED for these playoffs.  Last year was SSSSSOOOOO much fun and I didn't even go to any games.

If they make it past the first round and play the Pens at home, I'm 100% going to a game and will break the bank if I have to in order to get tickets.  Although my bro in law already told me that since he has one of those 10-game packages, he has access to presales so I'd just get them through him.

So yeah, I'd be good to go!

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

I am getting ****ing PUMPED for these playoffs.  Last year was SSSSSOOOOO much fun and I didn't even go to any games.

If they make it past the first round and play the Pens at home, I'm 100% going to a game and will break the bank if I have to in order to get tickets.  Although my bro in law already told me that since he has one of those 10-game packages, he has access to presales so I'd just get them through him.

So yeah, I'd be good to go!

Son I’m so stoked, let’s GO. If we make it to the finals again I’m definitely spending another 950 bucks for a nosebleed seat, I simply don’t give a ****. 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I will say that now that we've won a Cup, the playoffs don't have that same level of angst to them they used to, which KINDA takes SOME of the fun away. Don't get me wrong, I'm still hyped, but it's a different kind of hype.

I dunno, for me I think it's made me MORE cised.  Now that I know what it feels like, I want more.  And before it was always watching the games anxious with my tail between my legs.  Even though the chances of a repeat in hockey are very slim, I still have some sort of confidence about this team, and even if they don't win a cup this year, it will not be a let down and "more of the same" as we were used to with never passing round 2. 

It's almost like playing with house money, and that makes it even more exciting to me!

Archived