Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

CBJ and NYI are for real.  I doubt that both of those series end in sweeps.  I HATE Tortarella and the Jackets.  I hope they get toasted by Boston/Toronto.

Id be most afraid of NYI.  Trotz knows how to coach a team and we can’t have lapses against his team like we are against Carolina (if we beat them).

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

CBJ and NYI are for real.  I doubt that both of those series end in sweeps.  I HATE Tortarella and the Jackets.  I hope they get toasted by Boston/Toronto.

Id be most afraid of NYI.  Trotz knows how to coach a team and we can’t have lapses against his team like we are against Carolina (if we beat them).

God no. At least CBJ has talent -- a lot of it. NYI barely has any. This is more or less the same team we schooled in the 2015 playoffs, and our team is FAR more talented this year. The Islanders are an above average team led by a tremendous coach, who looked good playing an old and sputtering Penguins team that is clearly on the decline. Also the Islanders will not have home ice when they play us, and they desperately need home ice to succeed. I'm not saying it would be an easy series, but we would certainly be heavy favorites against them.  

6 hours ago, Mournblade said:

God no. At least CBJ has talent -- a lot of it. NYI barely has any. This is more or less the same team we schooled in the 2015 playoffs, and our team is FAR more talented this year. The Islanders are an above average team led by a tremendous coach, who looked good playing an old and sputtering Penguins team that is clearly on the decline. Also the Islanders will not have home ice when they play us, and they desperately need home ice to succeed. I'm not saying it would be an easy series, but we would certainly be heavy favorites against them.  

I think the Caps can beat them but I wouldn't write them off so quickly.  Trotz is a great coach with the advantage of having 4 seasons to learn everything there is to know about the players on this roster.  The Islanders and Jackets are showing why I was very hopeful the Caps could avoid them in round 1.

9 hours ago, c slag said:

I'm thinking the same thing that happened to the Capitals against the Canadiens in 2010 the curse of the President's trophy maybe?

The Caps played great to start that series to go up 3-1 and then played well most of the rest of the series, but Halak just became scorching hot (coincidentally or not it started after Ovi taunted him for having a shaky glove hand).

What's going on with Tampa is just crazy at this point.

don't take trotz or torts for granted. Those are teams that could knock off the caps and both have individual chips on their shoulder. Columbus wants to prove last year was a fluke. Islanders are led by Caps former coach who is motivated as hell to beat them. 

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

don't take trotz or torts for granted. Those are teams that could knock off the caps and both have individual chips on their shoulder. Columbus wants to prove last year was a fluke. Islanders are led by Caps former coach who is motivated as hell to beat them. 

This is where I stand with potential, future, playoff opponents - especially with the Islanders. The Caps only beat them by 1 point to win the division and split the series against them in the regular season. And it isn't as if they're just barely beating the Penguins right now - they are wrecking shop. Last 2 games have an aggregate score of 7-2. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Let’s just win tonight

And this is where I stand in general. Unlike the Islanders, the Capitals have been living on the edge so far. They damn near gave up a 3 goal lead in game 1 and wasted ample opportunities to put the Canes away early on Saturday. Caps couldn't convert on any power play opportunities in Game 2 (including a 5 minute major) and had to win it in overtime.

What's happening in Tampa is crazy. It doesn't even compare to the Caps playoff losses as a high seed, as even our series were generally very close. Tampa had the best regular season EVER and is getting DOMINATED. This would be like the undefeated Patriots getting blown out in the first round by like the Bengals.

As a lifelong Caps fan who also follows the Sharks with a passion..can I just say I cannot stand the Las Vegas franchise? They definitely have played well (albeit when it's 8 on 5 the last two games it's easier)..but outside of Crosby flaming out, nothing will make me happier than seeing the Knights eliminated (eventually).

God I hate that team.

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

As a lifelong Caps fan who also follows the Sharks with a passion..can I just say I cannot stand the Las Vegas franchise? They definitely have played well (albeit when it's 8 on 5 the last two games it's easier)..but outside of Crosby flaming out, nothing will make me happier than seeing the Knights eliminated (eventually).

God I hate that team.

I agree, not a fan of them at all. Reaves is trash, I hope the sharks win that series. 

Archived