Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

This is an embarrassment - for the NHL schedule makers. Caps have played 2 road games - one against a team with an entire offseason off and one with a team having 5 days off - both on the back end of a back-to-back. Shockingly, the other team has looked “fresh” while the Caps look like a team in the first week of a season playing back-to-backs. 

23 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

This is an embarrassment - for the NHL schedule makers. Caps have played 2 road games - one against a team with an entire offseason off and one with a team having 5 days off - both on the back end of a back-to-back. Shockingly, the other team has looked “fresh” while the Caps look like a team in the first week of a season playing back-to-backs. 

I don’t get why we don’t hear from Caps management/owner. Seems small but all games count.

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Meh, I'm sure it'll all balance out by season's end.

It could be a league wide problem. Which isn’t good for the sport. Seems like something they should be able to figure out.

They should cut at least ten games off the season regardless. It’s way too long.

NHL schedulers are as competent as the people handing out suspensions.

We're screwed.

But yeah, mulligan on this one, back to backs suck.  I'd bet if you looked at win % on not 2nd of back to back and on 2nd of back to back, win % would probably drop from like 50% to 25% or something.

10 hours ago, Springfield said:

I missed the game.  Seems to me that Lars Eller didn’t think too highly of Toronto.

That’s a sore loser. Not many teams can compete with the leafs speed and talent upfront. But it’s the others whom are talent that don’t get the credit. Kapenan, durmont, along with the other youngster coming up. Keep in mind nylander isn’t even on the team yet. And yes tom Wilson wasn’t playing but he did that to himself like kadri did it in the layoffs vs the b’s. 

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Good grief that was awful. ?

As an avid skins and leaf fan I loved it! That’s how you build a team! Keep developing the youth and wise trades like kapenan and Anderson. 

11 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

That was my thought watching the game as well. They had so many chances they couldn’t convert. A lot of shots that were wide of the net as well. I guess some nights that’s how it goes.

The same goes for the leafs, Mathews hit the post and someone else did as well can’t remmeber. Goes both ways. 

54 minutes ago, kost203 said:

That’s a sore loser. Not many teams can compete with the leafs speed and talent upfront. But it’s the others whom are talent that don’t get the credit. Kapenan, durmont, along with the other youngster coming up. Keep in mind nylander isn’t even on the team yet. And yes tom Wilson wasn’t playing but he did that to himself like kadri did it in the layoffs vs the b’s. 

As an avid skins and leaf fan I loved it! That’s how you build a team! Keep developing the youth and wise trades like kapenan and Anderson. 

The same goes for the leafs, Mathews hit the post and someone else did as well can’t remmeber. Goes both ways. 

**** the Leaves

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

People that run organizations 

“I think it's 100 percent wrong for player safety," Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Mike Bab**** told the Buffalo News earlier in the season. "You've got so many games in such a short period of time and you're jamming in more. To me, the more days rest you can have by not playing back-to-backs and jamming it in, the healthier you have a chance to be."

What would he know compared to you? 

Archived