Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this the most talented yet misused defensive front we've had in years?

Vanguard

22 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Just watched the sack by Niddis... wow that's probably one of the more impressive bullrushes I've seen from one of our DTs in a while. He's an animal

I've been a big Ioannidis fan since last year.  He's been getting better and better.  They've been rotating him in and out a lot.  I'm not sure why, but I think he'd have even more production if he was a fixture in the starting lineup.

Thanks!

Here are Jonathan Allen's two sacks. He is just so good with his hands. His hand use made the first sack look so effortless. 

https://www.hogshaven.com/2018/9/23/17893114/watch-jonathan-allen-gets-his-first-sack-of-the-season-redskins-getting-pressure-on-aaron-rodgers

And here is Payne's sack. 

Also, I can't believe someone had to suggest google to me. Jesus. How old am I?

Just now, Thinking Skins said:

Hopefully we can stabilizea rotation. I want Hood playing as little as possible, and with teams more likely to double Allen, it'll lead to independent matchups for everybody else. I'm confident everyone in our starting front 7 can win a match-up one on one so it looks like the groundwork is laid

:lol:

10 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

DL is elite. We knew that.

i just wish the edge guys would join us at some point....

I would say very good, but maybe not elite. I'm not sure yet that we have an All Pro, or two pro bowlers. I was against the move because of the salary cap implications, but I'm starting to wish that we had traded for Mack. 

2 hours ago, Vanguard said:

I've been a big Ioannidis fan since last year.  He's been getting better and better.  They've been rotating him in and out a lot.  I'm not sure why, but I think he'd have even more production if he was a fixture in the starting lineup.

That's an understatement. Defensive mvp so far imo.

Gary L. Straw
Replying to
Jonathan allen is JJ Watt-esque. Two years ago in Richmond I was talking to Manusky. He alluded to some comparisons. He was absolutely right.

Charlie Campbell
Jonathan Allen is emerging as a beast. I think Allen and second year Bucs safety Justin Evans are going to be in the Pro Bowl in a few months.

Endzoneblog.com
Jonathan Allen with another sack. That’s why he won just about every award possible at Alabama. #HTTR

WASRedskins18.png

Grant Paulsen
Jonathan Allen was the #Redskins' best player today. That is the type of impact you dream about when you take a defensive tackle in the first round. 5 tackles, 3 for loss, 3 QB hits, and 2 sacks.

TeessideMFC
Since Jonathan Allen joined the they have conceded only 89 rushing yards per game that he started. In the 11 games without him they conceded a massive 155 yards per game. He is the cornerstone #HTTR

WASRedskins18.png

Archived