Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this the most talented yet misused defensive front we've had in years?

Vanguard

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This is just ridiculous 

Hey now, man (or woman, dont want to be sexist) is speaking from the heart here. I mean, I have faith in myself, my friends, my family, etc. Everything I need to get through the thought times in actual life. Everyone is different though.

For me, faith in the Washington Redskins is way down the list... Probably several spots below "Faith that the Walking Dead won't suck this year" (I will believe/faith that **** into existence. Slick Rick Grimes will whoop some ass one more time, and silence the haters)

2 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

You weren't saying that after the first game now were you?

I didn’t say anything after the game. I was wait and see. 

But this is the 2nd straight week where the LBs sucked. The DL is fine but the guys behind them suck and to be honest, I’m not entirely surprised. The only good player in the bunch is Kerrigan 

1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I didn’t say anything after the game. I was wait and see. 

Keep waiting then.  It's one game.  And the thread isn't about us having the greatest defensive front in Redskins history.  It's about having the best front we've had in years.

Stop ****ing.

21 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Tell them to stop sucking first 

or just mute me.

Please.

Sucking? They're young.

We got one guy (Johnathan Allen) who is second year player, who missed two-thirds of his first season. Them we have DeRon Payne, who is a rookie.

Heck, Matt Ioannidis is just a third year player.

That is a pretty young, inexperienced, but exciting and intriguing d-line. They will play very well, but there will be days like this as they grow.

Folks were kidding themselves if they thought this line was going to be the steel curtain every week this early.

1 hour ago, zoony said:

I genuinely think Kerrigan has hit a wall.  Cant remember him ever being so irrelevant

Hes never been great or special. He was an above average pass rusher that feasted in RTs his whole career and padded stats when he’d get a bad or inexperienced RT. Most times tho he runs himself so far upfield he’s out of the play or he seems content to just stand there and dance with the linemen 

Short answer, yes. 

Long answer - it will take some time before the results start to show. A lot of young players who will make mistakes through experience. I think the more they get to play, the better they’ll get, and by season’s end we’ll see a much better front than what we started with. 

7 hours ago, zoony said:

I genuinely think Kerrigan has hit a wall.  Cant remember him ever being so irrelevant

Dude has always been so inconsistent. He gets his sacks in bunches.  He’ll probably sack Rodgers thrice next Sunday.

7 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

Please.

Sucking? They're young.

We got one guy (Johnathan Allen) who is second year player, who missed two-thirds of his first season. Them we have DeRon Payne, who is a rookie.

Heck, Matt Ioannidis is just a third year player.

That is a pretty young, inexperienced, but exciting and intriguing d-line. They will play very well, but there will be days like this as they grow.

Folks were kidding themselves if they thought this line was going to be the steel curtain every week this early.

Man, anybody blaming the D for this loss is dumb as hell.  Don’t even pay it any attention.

I like Payne -- my main issue with the pick was skipping Derwin.  I saw Riddick say recently he's hesitant to compare anyone to Sean Taylor but Derwin is the closest he's seen since.  Still early, though.

It's super early, so we'll see how things go throughout the next 15 weeks. But right now, Derwin James, Fred Warner and Denzel Ward are my leaders in the clubhouse for DROY.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

“I don’t think I’ve played poorly, but I think it is frustrating that the production hasn’t been there.” — #Redskins Pro Bowler Ryan Kerrigan, who has a tackle and no sacks through two games.

Saw a post from @zoony yesterday wondering about this, and I was going to say I legit don't recall him being involved in a single play yet, and with one tackle, I really wasn't far off.

Holy ****

12 hours ago, -JB- said:

Dude has always been so inconsistent. He gets his sacks in bunches.  He’ll probably sack Rodgers thrice next Sunday.

Man, anybody blaming the D for this loss is dumb as hell.  Don’t even pay it any attention.

Oh I think the defense played a role for sure.  They gave up 2 fairly easy scores early to put the team behind, then when they needed a stop late they allowed the Colts to march down the field, take up a bunch of time, and got the td that gave them an insurmountable 2 score lead.  

6 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

My issue isn’t with the line. I think our ILBs suck at defending the run. Zach Brown is fast so ppl assume he’s good. 

Foster is a JAG. 

Zach Brown was fantastic last year, many of us thought that was a crucial re-sign.  I have no idea what has happened to him this year, Foster played pretty well yesterday.  Smith and Kerrigan are kind of killing them and the Bama Boys have not had the expected impact to date.  

Archived