Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this the most talented yet misused defensive front we've had in years?

Vanguard

• 2 months later...
23 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Yeah it's a strange thread to discuss Payne in, but I brought him up because I think he's got an unusually similar build to Martin.  Extreme power and quick twitch musculature packed into a compact, slightly undersized frame.  Payne is more explosive and much more flexible.  Bigger bubble and lower half too.  The upper bodies look the same.  They're the same height and weight, have the same hand size, and Martin's arms are only a quarter inch shorter than Payne's.  These guys are block of granite types who were undervalued (IMO) because they fell below standards for height and weight and lankiness and reach.

I thought I'd wake this thread back up, as it's one of my favorites. 

McQueen, I agree about the type of athlete Payne is. His numbers don't do him justice. I love watching his combine workout below. He looks like he could step in and play MLB. I don't mean that as an exaggeration. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/daron-payne?id=32462018-0002-5600-68ba-6b48873dba9b

I may be in the minority here but I think Sweat has the chance to have a double digit sack season.  With the interior front we have as well as Kerrigan on the other side, there is no way he gets double teamed.  That speed off the edge will be a massive problem on 3rd and long situations.  All he has to do is show well in camp and I think he will quickly take over as the starter.  

45 minutes ago, NeverSurrender said:

I may be in the minority here but I think Sweat has the chance to have a double digit sack season.  With the interior front we have as well as Kerrigan on the other side, there is no way he gets double teamed.  That speed off the edge will be a massive problem on 3rd and long situations.  All he has to do is show well in camp and I think he will quickly take over as the starter.  

I can't wait for all of the breakdowns from that guy saying, "It's gonna be a problem!" 😂 Also, I think I underestimated Sweat's speed rush because I was enamored with Burns. Sweat IS fast. Sure, he ran a 4.41, but his 10 yard split was an excellent 1.55 and it shows on tape. 

55 seconds Great get off and speed

1:31 Great speed and bend

1:43 Hand use and speed and bend

1:55 great get off and speed

2:10 Great speed and bend

2:22 Great speed

I'm stopping there. It's getting to be every play. I don't see any reason he can't get 10 this year and be a 12-15 sack guy eventually. I think I underestimated the pick. He could be a longer, faster JPP. 

5 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Team too, the Washington Sweatskins

The moment Montez Sweat retires, God himself will make it so that on hot ass days beads of Montez Sweat will trickle down the foreheads of all!!!! (literally every bead of Sweat is the face of Montez Sweat)

He is probably the most explosive defender Redskins have drafted since Arrington. Bailey, Orakpo, Kerrigan all were/are good to great players but this kid has 'explosive talent' all over the field. Only Arrignton compares based on film highlights. This really desn't mean a lot (see Arrington, who was outperformed from a career spect by Kerrigan), but damn, we got a special player here.

20 hours ago, NeverSurrender said:

I think his biggest strength will be his ability to run down running plays from the weak side of the OL. 

On 5/8/2019 at 8:53 AM, Bonez3 said:

He is probably the most explosive defender Redskins have drafted since Arrington. Bailey, Orakpo, Kerrigan all were/are good to great players but this kid has 'explosive talent' all over the field. Only Arrignton compares based on film highlights. This really desn't mean a lot (see Arrington, who was outperformed from a career spect by Kerrigan), but damn, we got a special player here.

Bailey as in Champ Bailey? 

On 5/8/2019 at 8:32 AM, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

They'll make a men's cologne after him - "Yes Sweat"

On 5/7/2019 at 10:26 PM, Blue Collar Skins said:

Sweat for President in 2020

On 5/7/2019 at 9:50 PM, KillBill26 said:

They will rename the stadium after him.

Sweat Field.

On 5/8/2019 at 12:16 AM, Burgundy Yoda said:

Team too, the Washington Sweatskins

On 5/8/2019 at 5:22 AM, -JB- said:

The moment Montez Sweat retires, God himself will make it so that on hot ass days beads of Montez Sweat will trickle down the foreheads of all!!!! (literally every bead of Sweat is the face of Montez Sweat)

On 5/8/2019 at 6:25 AM, Riggo'sRangers said:

We now present the Montez Sweat trophy to this year's Super Bowl Champion Washington Redskins.

On 5/8/2019 at 7:09 AM, JaxJoe said:

He will be so dominant that all the Chuck Norris jokes will use Montez Sweat’s name

Got all y'all twisted over him...

#Sweat

Archived