Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this the most talented yet misused defensive front we've had in years?

Vanguard

5 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

The great irony here is, this was THE first time I actually tried to get your name right. I started with the @ and worked my way down, saw this one with the U and clicked it. LOL. The other times were just being silly with you, but not this one. No hard feelings, I hope.

I assumed that chart you posted up was of the games so far this year, obviously. Because I couldn't see why you would bother posting last year's, but so you did, I guess. Okay, having a rough go with you, so I'll leave you to simmer down. :P 

It's fine ;) I'm tired and my knees, neck and back are really bothering me today, so I'm a little cranky. :(

Posting one games efforts doesn't really give you a good idea on a how good or bad a player is. That, and I don't have access to a lot of their content..... :huh:

5 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

It's fine ;) I'm tired and my knees, neck and back are really bothering me today, so I'm a little cranky. :(

Posting one games efforts doesn't really give you a good idea on a how good or bad a player is. That, and I don't have access to a lot of their content..... :huh:

NO problem here; feel better. I'm older now, no stranger to chronic pains of my own, and can empathize... sympathize or empathize? I dunno anymore. See? I'm getting moar dummer on top of that!

4 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

NO problem here; feel better. I'm older now, no stranger to chronic pains of my own, and can empathize... sympathize or empathize? I dunno anymore. See? I'm getting moar dummer on top of that!

Ah, you can do both! And I'll take it! :D

And thank you! ;)

30 minutes ago, SkinsFootball said:

Crazy..and we were stressing over him leaving early in FA. What was the price range at the time..8-10 million. I'm glad most of us aren't GMs. He's a proven asset so I'm curious why we chose Brantley over him in terms of a late off-season upgrade.

Great question. Maybe hankins and his camp see Oaklands situation as an easier path to playing time?  Or maybe the skins just don't want to deal with poston?  Or maybe he is a headache or a bad influence on younger players?  Very strange situation. 

6 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Wow.  I hope him and his agent are feeling like a couple of idiots right now...

Good for the Raiders. 

Wow..just...wow.  Sounds like we gave up on that without realizing hed gotten that desperate at this point. I agree we don't need him, but definitely woulda done it anyway for $2 million and he's 26.  Add that a rebuilding team doesn't trade a pass rusher, acknowledge a lack of pass rush, then signs another pass rusher the during the regular season that that quickly.  That's something a team trying to compete would do, not expecting a high draft pick.

5 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

Great question. Maybe hankins and his camp see Oaklands situation as an easier path to playing time?  Or maybe the skins just don't want to deal with poston?  Or maybe he is a headache or a bad influence on younger players?  Very strange situation. 

Playing time makes sense. Given that our staff seems to be committed to our young rotation.(which I like) This will get interesting as based on the few articles I've read about or dline...hankins could have been a first and second down DE for us. Which would have put a fresh ION on pass rushing downs. Perhaps the gap between Brantley and Hankins given the two down need and occasional pass rush was enough edge to Brantley. I'm happy with the result thus far..but it is only week one.

31 minutes ago, 98ORAKPO98 said:

Preston still has enough time to get it together.  But I wouldn't be mad at letting him walk next season if he doesn't.  I like Preston, but we need more from him.

McPhee is solid.

It has been one game, in which Preston Smith needed to also play contain on some RB named David Johnson. Oh, and then there is this:

15 hours ago, Sandy Monk said:

COLLUSION allegation # 2 incoming!!!! omgzzzz can you's believe it?!? 

Maybe he can hold hands with Kaepladinker and cry that America's is a deliberately cruel and vicious entity? 

( inner voice says shut up now, sorry, good day to all! ) 

HTTR

Wow how witty. 

You come up with that hysterical change in Colin’s name all by yourself?

How brillant.

Beyond your pathetic attempt at.......what exactly? this signing of Hankins further strengthens Colin’s case. 

Raiders are hurting on dline, they sign Hankins. 

Loads of teams are hurting at QB, cough Bills, and Colin doesn’t get a call. 

So apples and oranges, but way to go in stuffing your agenda into a dline thread. 

1 hour ago, scruffylookin said:

So apples and oranges, but way to go in stuffing your agenda into a dline thread. 

Teams also hurting at WR, yet Dez is free. Maybe teams don't want drama?

Regardless of your stance here, lets keep this a thread about our D-line.

2 hours ago, scruffylookin said:

Wow how witty. 

You come up with that hysterical change in Colin’s name all by yourself?

How brillant.

Beyond your pathetic attempt at.......what exactly? this signing of Hankins further strengthens Colin’s case. 

Raiders are hurting on dline, they sign Hankins. 

Dang, you mad or something?

Star Wars Fight! 

Yoda versus Han? Man, that's an easy call! ? 

Look, @scruffylookin. I'm just goofing around. It wasn't my intention to scruffy yours or anyone's feathers. Apologies, if I did. I don't really get into the whole political, racial, or ideological scene on forums.   

It's probably best for us all to get back to the Best Defensive Front in football, and that's the Washington Redskins.. and they are going to kick some serious Luck butt this weekend! 

2 hours ago, Sandy Monk said:

Star Wars Fight! 

Yoda versus Han? Man, that's an easy call! ? 

Look, @scruffylookin. I'm just goofing around. It wasn't my intention to scruffy yours or anyone's feathers. Apologies, if I did. I don't really get into the whole political, racial, or ideological scene on forums.   

It's probably best for us all to get back to the Best Defensive Front in football, and that's the Washington Redskins.. and they are going to kick some serious Luck butt this weekend! 

In context of what's going on in this country right now, that was a bad joke.  Agree we should stay on topic, but just want to put out that that isn't something we should be making light of all things considered.  Stay to the Redskins if we can in here, not racial political jokes.

@scruffylookin I don't think he intended what you think, but agree that was terrible timing and no place in the stadium. At least I don't believe he rolls like that.

I bet Manu is licking his chops waiting to destroy these guys today. Great chance to see what Nicholson actually has to offer cause you know they'll test Norman and Dunnie deep. 

This front 7 needs to pin it's ears back and viciously attack Luck today. Crash the outside and let our DTs eat. 

54 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I bet Manu is licking his chops waiting to destroy these guys today. Great chance to see what Nicholson actually has to offer cause you know they'll test Norman and Dunnie deep. 

This front 7 needs to pin it's ears back and viciously attack Luck today. Crash the outside and let our DTs eat. 

Yeah, the Colts don't really have a RB threat like Johnson, and Luck threw the ball 50+ times last week, so I'm hoping this is the week our pass rush eats. I think their starting LT is out too.

Archived