Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you see current society playing out? Headed towards Civil War Lite?

TheGreatBuzz

• 1 month later...

Supermoon triad WARNING: Tonight’s Equinox Full Moon is a ‘prophetic sign of APOCALYPSE’

THE third Supermoon of the year is evidence of the biblical end times approaching because it coincides with the Spring Equinox and the Jewish holiday of Purim, a Christian evangelist has claimed.

Because of its rarity, some doomsday preachers and conspiracy theorists have dubbed the Supermoon an incredibly sinister portent of doom. The Supermoon coincided with yesterday’s Spring Equinox (March 20), which has not happened in 19 years and will not repeat itself until the year 2030.

Biblical conspiracists are also concerned by the Supermoon’s arrival on the night of the Jewish holiday of Purim.

Sometimes dubbed the March Worm Moon, today’s Full Moon is also called Super because it approached its nearest orbit of Earth.

All of this combined has convinced evangelical preacher Paul Begley from West Lafayette in Indiana, US, the biblical end times are unfolding before his very eyes.

Click on the link for the full article

• 3 weeks later...

Asteroid WARNING: Asteroid Apophis 'headed right for Earth' could hit on Friday 13, 2029

ASTEROID Apophis threatens to slam into the Earth on the unlucky date of April 13, 2029, in order to fulfil a biblical prophecy of the end time, a Christian preacher has shockingly claimed.

Militant Christians waiting for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ and the end of the world fear an asteroid “deep impact” is coming. Paul Begley, an evangelical Christian preacher from West Lafayette in Indiana, US, warned an asteroid could hit the Earth as soon as 2029. Citing prophetic passages from the Bible’s Book of Revelation, the firebrand preacher said the monstrous Asteroid Apophis matches biblical descriptions of the Apocalypse. Speaking online to his fervent followers, the preacher said Apophis could Earth on Friday 13 in 2029 or on its return date in 2036.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Figured this was worth a bump to see how/if people's opinions have changed in light of recent events. 

I feel much less confidant that someone is going to turn this around now. I didnt think it was a strong possibility to begin with to be honest. But now its sitting at a solid 3.5% chance we all survive this. I knew we were ****ed when we had a presidential candidate telling his supports to punch people in the face and he would pay the legal bills and they did it. So this just further cements my theory that its going to have to get real bad before it gets better. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

You think there is a chance we survive this? Nobody survives. Death comes for all and is undefeated. This true when talking about societies and individuals. It is all about what is accomplished before the dieing of the light.

• Like 1

• TheGreatBuzz changed the title to How do you see current society playing out? Post-Mueller Report
24 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Not only do I think we are likely to see some major violence, I would be interested in how someone who thinks we won't backs up that opinion.  I just don't see it going any other way.

People still want Walmart to be open and Sunday night football.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Not only do I think we are likely to see some major violence, I would be interested in how someone who thinks we won't backs up that opinion.  I just don't see it going any other way.

Depends on what your definition of major violence is.  The occasional nutjob can cause significant casualties after all.

Edited by nonniey
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2019 at 9:43 AM, China said:

All of this combined has convinced evangelical preacher Paul Begley from West Lafayette in Indiana, US, the biblical end times are unfolding before his very eyes.

Huh, guess the Redskins will definitely have to get a quarterback with the 15th pick now 

Trump knows the moment he leaves office, he will face a slew of charges. Some of those charges may actually land him in prison.

He's gone to do whatever he needs to do, to stay in power.   Even if Trump loses reelectin, he will not go quietly.

Edited by Rdskns2000

13 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

People still want Walmart to be open and Sunday night football.

There will become a point where other things will become more important.  And some will feel as though the "needed" change can only come on the other side of violence. 

13 hours ago, nonniey said:

Depends on what your definition of major violence is.  The occasional nutjob can cause significant casualties after all.

Well if Trump is removed/loses election and actually leaves office, I see a lot of right wing nut jobs planning organized attacks on smaller federal government buildings and probably some political assassination attempts.  

If trump is reelected (which I can't see without rigging) or loses but attempts to stay in office, I see a lot of riots by the Left which would be met with violence from the government and right wing groups.  Also I could see a state like California attempt to leave and that would definitely get bloody.

Any of these situations could easily snowball. 

I'm interested to hear what @Bang thinks.  

*Disclaimer, I am in no way calling for violence. 

• Like 2

One thing of note regarding violence:

Much of the country is divided politically by not only party but also by geographic location.  As in, democrats generally tend to be concentrated in certain locales and republicans tend to be concentrated in others.  I think that bears mentioning because it could serve at two purposes.  One, it would be easier for like minded militants to assemble.  Two, it would make it more difficult for opposing forces to cause harm.

Either way, it's pretty easy to find out what area geographically sides with which political party.

We’ve seen a ton of threats made against Pelosi, AOC, and a ton of other prominent Dems lately. I’m afraid it’s only a matter of time before someone takes it a step further. 

If Democrat Congressmen/women end up getting killed, Trump will be 100% to blame. His rhetoric will have incited that violence. This incident will probably occur after an impeachment inquiry is opened. And regardless of whether that occurs, the Dem 2020 nominee could be targeted too. There’s just too much anger being fueled by propaganda ... and too many guns. It’s only a matter of time. 

The country’s reaction to that will be the ultimate test. Trump said he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Ave and not lose any supporters. Can he encourage someone to shoot prominent Democrats and not lose any support? Tragically, time may tell. 

3 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

There will become a point where other things will become more destabilizes.  And some will feel as though the "needed" change can only come on the other side of violence. 

Well if Trump is removed/loses election and actually leaves office, I see a lot of right wing nut jobs planning organized attacks on smaller federal government buildings and probably some political assassination attempts.  

I don't, at least not at a rate that completely destabilizes our country.  We're probably the only country that has the framework to keep that from getting out of control, and most people are used to their side losing on going about their merry way until the next election, unlike a lot of other countries.  This isn't some third-world country that completely flips off whenever their guy loses.

• Like 1

We have already seen targeted small terrorist attacks. We have already seen a lunatic in a Trump covered van send bombs to try and perform the largest mass assassination in US history.

We have seen a guy in the coast guard stockpile weapons, write a manifesto and plan attacks on journalists and political enemies of Donald trump.

trump uses very dangerous and completely calculated rhetoric to encourage violence against his enemies, and to intimidate democrats or anyone who may vote against him. His Bikers and Police may get tired of you people trying to destroy things.... he says it and then he says it again.

and it's for the benefit of the lunatics who write manifestos and stockpile weapons to defend against the godless liberal trying to destroy America.... he is insulated, violence among the people would suit him tremendously. 

By th time 2020 elections roll along, i think challengers to trump will see violence at their rallies, and the GOP will point the finger at everyone else..  sort of like the Brownshirts did. In fact, i think they'll likely do it the same way the brownshirts did it.

I expect there will be violence and intimidation at polling places.

and i expect that if trump loses h will cry foul and try to hole up and challenge it every way possible and try to manipulate it in every way possible until january 20.

and then... who knows, i can't see him graciously losing.

I don't think our foreign overlords will allow him to lose if they can at all manipulate it.

I think "worst case scenario" is more plausible than it's been since the Civil War. he has said in public several times that "maybe we should try that president for life here.. might be a good idea. who knows." 

and i hope when enough is enough, the military backs the people against the traitors.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Sad 1

Uhhhhhh, I should probably just STFU on this one............

Nope

Never do

I think we are closer to outright open warfare on the streets than we have been since the Civil War. It will be nasty but relatively short lived, a whole lotta assholes we're better off without will screaming outta their man caves with camo beer coozies and their Trademarked Alex Jones/Infowars Apocalypse undies and whack the first people they see at a bus stop or the grocery store and there will be a massive response that essentially treats them the way the carrier pigeons were.

Then tears

Then some sober reflection

THEN this country will DO something about the gun nuttery