Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you see current society playing out? Headed towards Civil War Lite?

TheGreatBuzz

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Yes.

I think it is reasonable if that is the case.  I see a lot of "us vs them" in political discussions.  It is strange how much negativity there is about the "other" voters.

4 minutes ago, Nerm said:

I think it is reasonable if that is the case.  I see a lot of "us vs them" in political discussions.  It is strange how much negativity there is about the "other" voters.

Honestly i would probably take more joy if it were a liberal saying it about a conservative due to my political leanings.  But hate is hate, and needs to have light cast on it.

10 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So a guy I know just posted this on FB.  Seemingly normal white middle class dude.  Never seen anything like this from him before.  He has a few kids who I am sure he passes these views on to.

"

Wish more f***** (rhymes with maggots) ass liberals would off themselves.......

Sorry not sorry.

"

I responded that with those views, maybe he should have taken his own advice.  

Tell me again how our society is worth saving................

EDIT: and I edited out the one word and put the stars.  He just put the actual word on FB.

Dude, people have the platform for other's to more easily see this, people feeling this way isnt new. Couple bad apples,most aren't like that and arw definetly worth saving.

Edited by Renegade7

• 2 weeks later...

My opinion on this topic seems to blow with the wind somewhat.  But seeing that Texas GOP platform in the other thread is the type of things that make me believe violence is coming.  I could definitely see Texas being the spark.  Probably in 2020 if Trump loses.

• Like 2

Stock up on guns and ammo.

Trump loses in 2020, he will not accept his loss and tell his supporters to fight. If they do, then things get bloody.

2021, Trump is still there and has his full gop Congress and they do even more darker things. Blue states and cities resist. Fighting breaks out when Trump sends troops in, to crush any resistance.

Fiction? You can easily see either one those scenarios play out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

54 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I agree.  I'm resisting going full on, nut job doomsday prepper.  But a small part of me wonders if I will regret that decision at some point in the future. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Stock up on guns and ammo.

Trump loses in 2020, he will not accept his loss and tell his supporters to fight. If they do, then things get bloody.

2021, Trump is still there and has his full gop Congress and they do even more darker things. Blue states and cities resist. Fighting breaks out when Trump sends troops in, to crush any resistance.

I feel like things will go down regardless of the result of the 2020 election. Not full on Civil War stuff, but definitely a lot of violence.

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

My opinion on this topic seems to blow with the wind somewhat.  But seeing that Texas GOP platform in the other thread is the type of things that make me believe violence is coming.  I could definitely see Texas being the spark.  Probably in 2020 if Trump loses.

Is that platform new?.....seems rather old to me, the sovereign folk quote from the constitution as well

the usual sparks are economic collapse,major natural disaster, disease and famine or govt excess....or a combination.

1 hour ago, twa said:

Is that platform new?.....seems rather old to me, the sovereign folk quote from the constitution as well

I have no clue.  Never had much reason to look at the Texas GOP platform until someone posted it.  

1 hour ago, twa said:

the usual sparks are economic collapse,major natural disaster, disease and famine or govt excess....or a combination.

True.  But I don't know if one of those will be the next spark.  

• 1 month later...

Seeing the number of white supremacists vs the number of counter protesters so far are encouraging and make me think I was wrong about how this plays out.  Though the pessimist in me thinks this doesn't change anything and that they were just smart enough to avoid the press after a bunch of them were exposed before and lost their jobs, etc.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Seeing the number of white supremacists vs the number of counter protesters so far are encouraging and make me think I was wrong about how this plays out.  Though the pessimist in me thinks this doesn't change anything and that they were just smart enough to avoid the press after a bunch of them were exposed before and lost their jobs, etc.

Thoughts?

I think if most people value their jobs and their place in society more than they value being associated with Nazis and other extremists, that’s a good thing. When the crazies have nothing else to live for except being crazy, that’s when it gets dangerous.

I think prior to last year, some of the soft core extremist inclined, but otherwise kind of normal people thought the “white heritage” ideas sounded cool when it was just in their heads and on Internet forums. When it was exposed to the light of day in Charlottesville, the ugliness was stark, and a number of people decided they don’t want to be associated with that cause anymore. Either because they’ve done some soul searching and realized it isn’t right, or they’ve realized it’s not worth it.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • TheGreatBuzz changed the title to How do you see current society playing out? (Updated 3Feb19)

So cruising through some of the different threads today and a question popped in my head that I thought would be interesting to discuss.  I didn't feel like it was worth a new thread so I am just bumping this one.  Sorta the same topic thinking broadly/globally.

What is actual the worst crisis/issue/etc going on in the world at the moment that will lead to a bad outcome?

At first, I was going to say what is going on here in America with the crap federal elected officials and all the negative outcomes stemming from that.  We can't well lead the world when our own house is a mess.  But then I read the Brexit thread and thought about  what the worst possible outcomes could result from a hard, no-deal Brexit and the waves that would cause.  Or what about Russia and them pretty much screwing with everything pretty much unchecked.  Or North Korea.  Obama told Trump that was the biggest current issue when they turned over.  Or the lack of attention that China gets in growing their military presence.

I could go on and on about issues around the globe.  What do you think is the worst or potentially has the worst outcome, etc.  And how will global society handle it (just so we can say we are staying on topic)?

Climate change is far and away the biggest threat. Destabilized societies collapse. I suspect there will be many around the world who will fail to adapt and cause a global ripple effect.

We already saw what migration crisis do when refugees escape to developed countries. No one today has any answer for the climate refugees of today and the millions more of tomorrow. 

And this is just one issue that will arise out of a rapidly changing climate and a world too slow to adapt toward it. 

The data has been consistently right and the warnings from the modeling done by scientists and major science agencies of the developed world are pretty much in line with the effects being observed on the ground. We are headed for global catastrophe short of miraculous changes.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 2