Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Schefter: DeAngelo Hall Retiring

NickyJ

4 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I don't mean to be a downer in his tribute thread but I don't understand the love here.  I was a big fan of the signing at the time but sorry, either at corner or safety did he ever put together a really good season in Washington? Sure he had his moments but did anyone around the league ever consider Hall a top player?  Maybe in Atlanta but surely not when he was here.  And now people are mentioning Ring of Fame and more productive than Ken Harvey?  Wow.  Could not disagree more.

Goodness gracious talk about a Debbie dow...wait you already said that..I think it's more of the leader he was..that's how I seen it..he had his moment's and going by your username I would think you would show more love to a corner..not trying to say he was as good as green..I love hall for the Monday night miracle part two..

1 hour ago, MintHillSkinsFan said:

There have been a few guys throughout the years that loved the Redskins and loved being a Redskin.  DHall is one of those guys.  For me, it's easy to be a fan of guys like that, even as age catches up with them and their skills start to decline.  He'll always be one of my favorite players from this era and I'll miss seeing his fire and passion for the Redskins on the field.  Good luck DHall and HTTR!

Agree with this...Ring of Honor is a different criteria than HOF.... ROH has as much to do with the connection and impact within the organization. Doug Williams does NOT deserve to be in the Ring on Honor on overall merit. He literally played like 6 good games with the Redskins total. It just so happens that one of them was a Super Bowl and he due to the social/racial implications was also just a huge story with a lasting impact. That sort of made him a "Redskin for Life." Rypien was also a guy who only really had one good year-- but what a year it was. So for me Ring of Honor inclusion for an individual team is more abstract. 

19 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Goodness gracious talk about a Debbie dow...wait you already said that..I think it's more of the leader he was..that's how I seen it..he had his moment's and going by your username I would think you would show more love to a corner..not trying to say he was as good as green..I love hall for the Monday night miracle part two..

I was waiting for this response but I stand by my comments.  He was a big name but he never played like a big name since he left Atlanta.  His one Pro Bowl year was a gift via Jay Cutler, that year he was second in the league in yards given up by a corner.   The MVP of the Pro Bowl which is an exhibition game means nothing to me.  The other seasons he was just a player, his move to safety did not work. He was just not a great player when he was here, he was average. And  people want him in the Ring of Honor?  Sorry, the Ring of Honor should be for players like Larry Brown who did it on the field, not for good locker room guys.   

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I was waiting for this response but I stand by my comments.  He was a big name but he never played like a big name since he left Atlanta.  His one Pro Bowl year was a gift via Jay Cutler, that year he was second in the league in yards given up by a corner.   The MVP of the Pro Bowl which is an exhibition game means nothing to me.  The other seasons he was just a player, his move to safety did not work. He was just not a great player when he was here, he was average. And  people want him in the Ring of Honor?  Sorry, the Ring of Honor should be for players like Larry Brown who did it on the field, not for good locker room guys.   

I didn't mention ring of honor..that might be a stretch..the pro bowl is B's and hasn't stood for **** scince at least the 80's..I enjoyed him (hall)here soooo Nana  Nana boo boo stick ur head in Doo Doo lol jk..

9 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I didn't mention ring of honor..that might be a stretch..the pro bowl is B's and hasn't stood for **** scince at least the 80's..I enjoyed him (hall)here soooo Nana  Nana boo boo stick ur head in Doo Doo lol jk..

Hey not trying to dampen your enthusiasm for the guy.  Just trying to understand why people are mentioning him as a Ring of Fame guy and a better player here than Ken Harvey.  That's just so weird to me.  He just wasn't a very good player here, certainly not as good as Ken Harvey.  Again in his one big  Pro Bowl year he was second in the NFL in yards allowed by a corner.  There is a reason he went unsigned when the Skins invited him to test the market before he had no choice but to come back on the cheap.  

I just don't understand the love, I'm happy we are out of the D Hall business.  

13 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Hey not trying to dampen your enthusiasm for the guy.  Just trying to understand why people are mentioning him as a Ring of Fame guy and a better player here than Ken Harvey.  That's just so weird to me.  He just wasn't a very good player here, certainly not as good as Ken Harvey.  Again in his one big  Pro Bowl year he was second in the NFL in yards allowed by a corner.  There is a reason he went unsigned when the Skins invited him to test the market before he had no choice but to come back on the cheap.  

I just don't understand the love, I'm happy we are out of the D Hall business.  

Ken Harvey was awesome...way fun to watch... Yes I agree I don't think Hall deserves Ring of Honor mention.. but I enjoyed watching him play and glad he was here..

Archived