Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Fantasy Football

nonniey

8 minutes ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Keeper league (PPR) where each team keeps three players from previous season.  I have Michael Thomas, Larry Fitzgerald, and Alex Collins.  I also have the first pick.  Best available at #1 are:

Saquon Barkley

Julio Jones

Dalvin Cook

AJ Green

Keenan Allen

Who do I go with?  Leaning heavily towards Barkley as he is the highest ranked almost everywhere I see and I already have two WRs with a weak keeper in Alex Collins at RB.

Imo AC is underrated and makes for a fine keeper. Think your on the money taking Barkley

4 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Welcome to the auction world. It's amazing. My advice is slightly skewed because we start with up to 2 keepers and the auction tends to value high-upside /younger guys due to the keeper implications ... but otherwise my advice is as follows ...

This was a fantastic informative post. The only thing I would add to this would be to nominate guys you don’t want when it’s your turn. That accomplishes the goal of spending others money which helps you in the long run. 

On 8/30/2018 at 11:57 AM, PleaseBlitz said:

For the first time in 20 years, I am not involved in any fantasy football leagues this year. 

Why? Just curious.

On 8/29/2018 at 11:33 PM, The Evil Genius said:

Ended up with DJ at 4 as Gurley, Bell, and AB went 1-3. Davante Adams at 17 and Gronk at 24 (probably the earliest I've ever taken a TE). Mixon at 37 and TY Hilton at 44 rounded out my top 5 rounds.

I also did something I never do and picked 2 QBs. Took Wentz and then Rivers in rounds 8-9. 

AP in the 11th and then stole (I think) Peyton Barber in the 12th and Kenny Stills in the 13th.

Here's my lineup right now.

QB Rivers

WR Davante Adams

WR TY Hilton

RB DJ

RB Mixon

TE Gronk

Flex Demarius Thomas

K Gould

D Baltimore

Bench are Wentz, Ingram, Funchess, AP, Peyton Barber, Kenny Stills

Very solid draft. Your weakness is at QB which is the easiest to fix. Stills is to me more of a best ball type player, going to have four or five top 20 wr weeks but figuring when they happen will be tough but as your bottom pick hard to do worse. 

@BigDibbs31 Saquan since you’ve already got 2 solid WR. Barkley would stack you up top at RB too

So my team as stands after this trade:

QB: Newton, Smith

RB: D. Johnson, Mixon, Ingram, Michel, K. Johnson, Penny, foreman 

WR: Adams, Baldwin, Demaryius, Ross

TE: Reed, Kittle

in addition to the upside for this year I will be able to keep 2 of Michel, Kerryon and Penny for $20 on a $220 cap in 2019. Or Mixon for $36 ... Johnson for $55. But The real value is with the rookies should they hit. 

Overall I'm pretty happy with how my auction draft went. 10 team league, here is my team(2 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, TE, K, DEF):

QB: Matt Ryan, Phillip Rivers

RB: Alvin Kamara, Alex Collins, Carlos Hyde

WR: Michael Thomas, Tyreke Hill, Jamison Crowder, Desean Jackson

TE: Travis Kelce

Defense: Vikings

Bench: Rashad Penny, Danny Amendola, OJ Howard, Chris Godwin, Sam Bradford

I like that I got Kamara for under $50 when every other stud RB went for over $50(Zeke in comparison went for $56). I got Ryan and Rivers for $17 combined(in comparison, Newton alone went for $20). I feel like I kind of overbid for Kelce at $28 but I figure now i have a stud TE to make up for crappy bottom end WRs. I kinda got in a bidding war for Hill and I feel like I overbid for him at $30, that's probably my one big regret of the draft. What's big is that in a 10 team league with 3 starting RBs each, I managed to get three pretty quality backs including a stud like Kamara.

Another issue is that Ryan and Rivers both have week 8 byes, but I figure by then I can maybe swing a trade getting rid of one and maybe one of my backs(not Kamara)and maybe get a better WR for the #3/4 WR spot. Between Jackson and Godwin I'll probably cut one at some point, hell I might even cut Howard too since I really will only need another TE for Kelce's bye week(assuming he stays healthy).

I had 1 draft tonight but it was a dynasty draft and one more keeper draft tmrw.

I need your help guys.  There is a league i'm in and im trying to get rid of the team but its a dynasty draft so someone has to take over. Do i

a) not pay dues this year b) inform them now but play this year c) suck it up.

@Warhead36 I would drop Oj for a WR/RB on the WW who may hit week 1. Is Jordan wilkins available? No sense in carrying a 2nd TE when you’ve got Kelce

@skinsfan2k inform them, give them a chance to find a replacement. Pay dues and suck it up and give them a year to find a replacement if they can’t find one soon

Drafted out of the 1 spot in a 10 team standard last night: 

QB: Brees

RB: Gurley, McCaffrey, Mixon, Peterson, Penny, Conner

WR: Cooper, D. Thomas, C. Davis, Shepard, M. Williams, Doctson

TE: Gronk

like my roster and depth. Fantasy Pros graded me out as #1 team by quite a bit. Though it tends to do that when you get Gurley / Bell and can also get Gronk (as I had played out in mocks they’d graded) 

12 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

I need your help guys.  There is a league i'm in and im trying to get rid of the team but its a dynasty draft so someone has to take over. Do i

a) not pay dues this year b) inform them now but play this year c) suck it up.

Inform them now, but play this year unless they can find a quick replacement. I run a dynasty league and would be pretty pissed if one of my owners quit right now. I always ask at the end of the season to make sure everyone wants to come back. It gives me time to find a replacement. This year it took me 6 months to find someone.

The guy with Bell in my main league is starting to freak out. He's asking for trade offers. At what point do you take on the risk of rostering Bell?

At this point, I get the sense he's at least out Week 1 and possibly beyond.

I have David Johnson, Joe Mixon, Mark Ingram, Sony Michel, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Jordan Wilkins

I don't know what this guy is going to be willing to take ... I kinda am all-in on Sony and Kerryon this year and would hate to part with them, but I'm tempted to see what he requests. My guess is he'll ask for Mixon + Ingram which I wouldnt do at this point. I would definitely part with Ingram ... but maybe throw in Penny and Wilkins? Probably not enough to do it. I love my team, and would hate to acquire Bell and have him miss the season. But the risk / reward would be tempting for the right offer.

*Edit: If Bell sits Week 1 ... I'm hoping to have some clarity at RB. I think the best-case scenario for me is Jordan Wilkins gets the Nod in Week 1 and breaks out. I can then use that to pair with Ingram and get Bell if Bell sits out, and still be super deep at RB to off-set the risk. But a lot would have to fall into place for that to happen.

Had my draft last night, not sure how I feel about it, I know I've never taken so many Skins players so that will probably be the death of me.

QB
Aaron Rodgers
Case Keenum

RB
Leonard Fournette
Melvin Gordon
Alfred Morris
Adrian Peterson
Sony Michel

WR
T.Y. Hilton
Allen Robinson
Marquise Goodwin
Will Fuller
Jamison Crowder

TE
Jordan Reed
Vernon Davis

If you only need to start 2 WR i think you're in good shape. I love your RBs and QB ... Hilton can be a top WR this year ... Robinson or Goodwin could finish as an WR2 but there's not really a WR upside guy anywhere other than Hilton, but that's the sacrifice you make for having Rodgers as what, your 4th round pick? I like the team overall.

8 team leagues are hilarious ? I ended up with this behemoth:

QB Cam Newton

RB David Johnson

RB LeSean McCoy

WR Keenan Allen

WR Demariyus Thomas

FLEX Amari Cooper

TE Delanie Walker

D/ST Rams

K Matt Bryant

Bench:

RB Lamar Miller

RB Tevin Coleman

RB Chris Thompson

WR Robert Woods

WR Kelvin Benjamin

WR Jamison Crowder 

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'm assuming Gordon/Fournette were your 1/2 picks? Probably drafted near the end of Round 1?

Pretty solid team I think. Is it PPR? If so, your WR have some boom/bust potential. How many start per position?

Yeah, I had the 7th pick and its PPR, for what its worth Yahoo changed the default scoring to PPR this year.

Definitely boom or bust on the WR's but I went for RB's because that's the way the draft lead me.

Those WR's were all value picks with upside if they stay healthy, Goodwin helped me win the title in one of my leagues last year, picked him up the week after Jimmy started and he seems to be Jimmy's go to.

I was also crushing it last year with Fuller until he and Watson both got hurt, I think he's a stud in the making if he can stay healthy.

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

If you only need to start 2 WR i think you're in good shape. I love your RBs and QB ... Hilton can be a top WR this year ... Robinson or Goodwin could finish as an WR2 but there's not really a WR upside guy anywhere other than Hilton, but that's the sacrifice you make for having Rodgers as what, your 4th round pick? I like the team overall.

I went way off schedule and took Rodgers in the 4th, basically I went BPA.

We do QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 Flex, D, K, TE

Keeper League draft.  You start 3 WRs, 2RB and 1 Flex, 1 TE, 12 team league. Half PPR

QB- Brady

RB- Zeke, Drake, Burkhead, Guice (get to keep for 10th rounder), Crowell

WR- K. Allen, Baldwin, Hogan, Parker, Beasley

TE- Burton, Reed, H. Henry( get to keep at 11) 

K- Gostowski

Def- Carolina

Thoughts? Who do i start in the last flex spot?  reed? or burkhead?

Just finished the auction draft in my big money league ($150 buy-in 12 team league.  Winner gets $1,200).  I didn't draft any super big names, unless you consider Hunt big.  I spent $53 on him.  Second biggest was Diggs at $35 then Thomas at $24.  Got Drake for $21.

QB- Dak Prescott

RB- Kareem Hunt

RB- Kenyan Drake

WR- Stefon Diggs

WR- Demaryius Thomas

WR- Jarvis Landry

TE- Trey Burton

D/ST- Carolina

K- Justin Tucker

Bench

Donte Moncrief

James White

Tevin Coleman

Adrian Peterson

Robert Woods

Giovani Bernard

Devin Funchess

Any position I should look to improve on?  I don't love my RB depth unless you think Coleman and/or Peterson is gonna produce big.

7 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Have my first ever auction draft tomorrow.  Not really sure how it's going to go.  It is a brand new league, only one person that I am aware of has ever done an auction league before.  Will try to do some mocks tonight.  

Drink heavily and overspend on marginal players.

I'm rolling with Cam Newton, David Johnson, Joe Mixon, Doug Baldwin, Davante Adams, Demaryius Thomas and Jordan Reed this week ... and I have 1 flex spot to spare and I have NO idea who to start between ...

RB Kerryon Johnson, RB Sony Michel, RB, RB Rashaad Penny, RB Jordan Wilkins, WR John Ross

I hear Wilkins may get the start if Mack is indeed out on Sunday. I think that's the easiest path for me to that flex spot. But if Mack does end up playing I'm moving him well below Kerryon and Sony as he doesn't have the pedigree and would have similar RBBC status as them. Kerryon and/or Sony could both have big games but they're totally unpredictable. Jim Boob Cooter has said he'll let Kerryon's performance dictate his role in the offense this season. Which means he could get a 1Q carry and take it 30 yards for a TD and immediately become the #1 option for the season and have a big game Sunday ... or get 4 carries for 10 yards. Sony could not play at all, play 5 plays, or completely take over the role and score a couple TDs this week. My goal was never to start them this week but to hope that they start to emerge by Week 2/3. But Wilkins may be the Week 1 play. The WW is meh right now too. There is something intriguing to me about John Ross going against the atrocious Colts DBs

On 9/4/2018 at 9:21 AM, The Evil Genius said:

Chose 1 to play.

Demerius Thomas vs Seattle, Devin Funchess vs Dallas, Kenny Stills vs Tennessee, AP vs Zona, or Peyton Barber vs New Orleans this week?

PPR league if that makes a difference..

Nothing about Dallas CBs scare me, last season they were ranked 6th in TDs given up to receivers in the league and did nothing about that this offseason. Funchess is the WR1 in Carolina and had 8 TDs last year. I think he's gonna score this game when Dallas goes all out to stop McCaffery

Its still a bit early to declare Kenny Stills a must start but if Devante Parker doesn't play which is iffy now, then the Dolphins are going to need to pass this game without Parker and Jarvis and the only players who may be in play are Danny Amendola and Albert Wilson. I like him this week

AP vs Zona I would avoid

Peyton vs the Saints is dangerous with Winston out otherwise I would like this matchup more then I do

Just my IMO, if your safe to win this week go with Funchess. If your behind this week go for the home run and start Stills  

On 9/4/2018 at 9:22 AM, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Probably lean Demaryius. Seattle no longer has a vaunted defense. 

Guy we all will want in Denver this year for the wideouts is Emmanuel Sanders. Case loves to throw to the slot. Looking at PFF matchup grades DT match up is a 60 lining up outside against the Seahawks but Sanders has a 76 against the slot corner. Something to consider

Archived