• Blog Entries

    • By Destino in ES Coverage
         1
      Good afternoon Redskins fans!  I have once again been invited to sit in the relative comfort of the press box and shout my thoughts into the void via this blog.  As you watch the game today and see the rain  pour relentlessly from the heavens, know that I am safe and dry.  Know also that @Spaceman Spiff is out there somewhere, cold and unappreciated, rolling around in the muck trying to capture that perfect picture.  Maybe say a little prayer for his health (or laugh, whatever, I’m not judging you).  Also, be sure not to miss the pictures he posts on this site after each game.     
       
      Before we get into today's Redskins game, I want give some thanks for more positive occurrences in DC sports.  Congrats to the Washington Mystics for winning their first championship.  Congrats go out to the Washington Nationals as well for reaching the world series.  These two teams (along with the Caps) are working hard to change the sports related mood around this town, and we're all happier for it. 
       
      Lets move now into less cheerful topics, namely your Washington Redskins!  Yow know things are going bad, and I mean really dang bad, when your team has gone through three quarterbacks and two coaches and your not even half way through the season.  Today's fresh hell comes in the form of a specter of the our recent past coming to smirk at our misfortune.  Im talking of course of Kyle.  Kyle's spent the week assuring everyone that he isn’t holding a grudge, while very obviously holding a grudge.  “Everything else.”  You know what I’m talking about. 
       
      If all he brought to town were his hurt feelings we wouldn’t have a problem.  Sadly, he’s arrived with an undefeated football team that the NFL says we have to play this week.  This feels entirely unfair. 
       
      My generic key to the game:  Run the ball and stop the run.  The team (spoiler alert: 49ers) that does this today will win.   
       
      Redskins Inactives  
      QB Colt McCoy  
      S Deshazor Everett  
      CB Josh Norman  
      RB Chris THompson  
      LB Josh Harvey-Clemons 
      G Wes Martin  
      TE Vernon Davis  
       
      49ers inactives  
      QB CJ Beathard 
      WR Deebo Samuel  
      CB Ahkello Witherspoon  
      FB Kyle Juszczyk 
      T Mike McGLinchey 
      T Joe Staley 
      DL DJ Jones 
       
      1st Quarter Update
      Redskins 0 – 0 49ers
       
      Callahan wasn’t playing around when he said he wanted to run the ball.  That first drive was all runs, and looked great... right up until they tried to pass the ball.  Hopkins missed the relatively short fied goal, because of course he did.     

      Maybe Quinn isn’t a good choice to be returning punts?  Consider it.    
       
      That second Redskins drive looked more like what we’ve come to expect from this offense.  Run for negative yards, pass dropped, and an unsuccessful screen pass.  A quintessential Redskins three and out. 

      Passing yards this quarter:  Redskins 3. 49ers 9.  Are you not entertained?! 
       
      Half Time Update
      Redskins 0 – 0 49ers 
       
      How happy are you to spend your Sunday afternoon watching this game?  Consider that some people paid money, to sit in a poncho, in the rain, to watch this game. 
       
      It’s now time for those half time adjustments that our beloved skins do so well.  It’s unlikely the second half mirrors the first. 
       
      3rd Quarter Update 
      Redskins 0 – 3 49ers  
       
      Good news, this game will not end in a 0-0 tie.  Those half time adjustments have kicked in as expected and the 49ers have found a way onto the scoreboard in this messy throwback game.  The Redskins have decided to spend the second half collecting holding penalties and sadness.  Mercifully, only one quarter remains. 
       
      End of Game Update 
      Redskins 0 – 9 49ers 
       
      Callahan hasn’t spent much time as the head coach of the Washington Redskins, but he’s already proven that his team can waste 2nd half timeouts like a veteran.  It makes little sense to adopt a strategy that shortens the game when your team is losing, and it makes even less sense when your team is short on time outs.  I’m not really sure what the thinking as late in this game.    
       
      Next week Kirk Cousins!   
       
       
nonniey

2018 Fantasy Football

Recommended Posts

 

12 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Huh? Not really. That is exactly what I was pointing out prior to the season. Rodgers has always under-utilized TEs. For that reason, Graham was one of the players I had scratched off my draft list .

 

Yeah but he’s not had a RZ weapon like Graham for a long time at the position. 

 

Everything coming out of GB was that he’d be a big part of their RZ O. For him to have Just FIVE RZ receptions all year is mind blowing. Criminal misuse. 

 

if you foresaw that in 2018 I tip my hat to you. And ask you for this weeks lottery numbers. ?

 

Hail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

 

 

Yeah but he’s not had a RZ weapon like Graham for a long time at the position. 

 

Everything coming out of GB was that he’d be a big part of their RZ O. For him to have Just FIVE RZ receptions all year is mind blowing. Criminal misuse. 

 

if you foresaw that in 2018 I tip my hat to you. And ask you for this weeks lottery numbers. ?

 

Hail. 

It was easy to see, Rodgers has never used TEs no matter how good or bad they are. Every FA TE that signed with GB saw their production decline significantly from what they had in previous teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nonniey said:

It was easy to see, Rodgers has never used TEs no matter how good or bad they are. Every FA TE that signed with GB saw their production decline significantly from what they had in previous teams.

The only #1 TEs that had been signed by GB in the Rodgers era were Cook and Bennett, really, before Graham.  Cook was injured early in his only season, but had a strong second half. In his 7 regular season games after returning from injury, and 3 playoff games, he averaged 55.3 yards and .3 TDs per game (expanded to fit a 16 game season would be 884 yards and 4.8 TDs).  Bennett had apparently failed to disclose an injury to the team, which ultimately wound up with him getting cut (oh, and also there's the whole Aaron Rodgers being injured for most of the season thing).

Before them, Jermichael Finley (excluding his rookie season as he was brought in slowly) was averaging 50 yards and .35 TDs per game (which would be 800 yards and 5.6 TDs for a 16 game season) before his career-ending injury.

 

Also, on the topic of redzone production from TEs, the year before Cook was brought in, Richard Rodgers caught 8 TD passes.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pick 2 from:

Cooks v Chiefs

Hill v Rams

Evans v Giants

 

Pick 2 from:

Mack v Titans

K.Johnson v. Panthers

Cook v. Chicago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cooks/Hill and Mack/Johnson.

 

Evans and Cook are both potential high-upside plays, but both have greater question marks going into this week than the other options. Evans just has not been clicking with Fitz lately and Cook is only in his second game back from injury against a great defense.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost picked up lamar Jackson this morning. Been running 1 qb with Aarons Rodgers all year so I didnt. 

 

Might have to use the waiver on him.  

 

Looks like his hot start didn't produce much. 

Edited by sportjunkie07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well **** me.  My team has been overall decent, but just kept losing despite how well it played.  This was my week to start catching up on the W/L board, but my team has really **** the bed.  Carson Wentz, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Trey Burton, and Dalvin Cook have combined for less than 2 points.  Still a quarter for Burton and Cook to turn it around.

 

Edit: So much for turning it around.  Cook just managed to run backwards in the 4th quarter.  Those 4 players combined for a total of 1.5 points for me.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Down by four points. 

 

He has: Jared Goff 

I have: Patrick Mahomes, Robert Woods 

 

Let's get it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Well **** me.  My team has been overall decent, but just kept losing despite how well it played.  This was my week to start catching up on the W/L board, but my team has really **** the bed.  Carson Wentz, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Trey Burton, and Dalvin Cook have combined for less than 2 points.  Still a quarter for Burton and Cook to turn it around.

 

Edit: So much for turning it around.  Cook just managed to run backwards in the 4th quarter.  Those 4 players combined for a total of 1.5 points for me.

 

Christ that’s the baddest of bad luck scenarios.

 

Sorry man. Feel for ya’. That one must REALLY smart.

 

Hail.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Almost picked up lamar Jackson this morning. Been running 1 qb with Aarons Rodgers all year so I didnt. 

 

Might have to use the waiver on him.  

 

Looks like his hot start didn't produce much. 

 

7 hours ago, Bacon said:

Down by four points. 

 

He has: Jared Goff 

I have: Patrick Mahomes, Robert Woods 

 

Let's get it. 

 

I never realised Flacco was out or else I’d have benched John Brown. (3.30 total points off ONE target.). 

 

Kicking myself for not double checking for once before Sundays games. 

 

Currently down 13.78. He’s all played up. I have Josh Reynolds still in play so hoping the Rams work him quickly in to save the day in Kupps absence. 

 

Hail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ebron, who leads the NFL in TD receptions, dropped a nothingburger.  Luck put up 300 & 3 TDs, and Ebron didn't get a single catch.

Unless Goff puts up 35, this week will be my lowest score in five years in the ES league. 

Edited by Chew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wentz with a 0.84 this week for me. Lovely.

 

Need to start 2rbs, 2wrs, 1te, 1 flex from these next week (starting Thursday). 

 

Any tips? I'm 6 and 5 now (or will be after tonight) and need to win at least 1 of the last 2 to sqeak into the playoffs.

 

Joe Mixon vs Cleveland

David Johnson vs Chargers

Mark Ingram vs Falcons

Nick Chubb vs Cincinnati

Davante Adams vs Minny

TY Hilton vs Miami

Tyler Boyd vs Cleveland

Jack Doyle vs Miami

Gronk vs Jets

Edited by The Evil Genius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chew said:

Ebron, who leads the NFL in TD receptions, dropped a nothingburger.  Luck put up 300 & 3 TDs, and Ebron didn't get a single catch.

Unless Goff puts up 35, this week will be my lowest score in five years in the ES league. 

 

Karma for last weeks disgrace from him! 😜

 

Hail.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Wentz with a 0.84 this week for me. Lovely.

 

Need to start 2rbs, 2wrs, 1te, 1 flex from these next week (starting Thursday). 

 

Any tips? I'm 6 and 5 now (or will be after tonight) and need to win at least 1 of the last 2 to sqeak into the playoffs.

 

Joe Mixon vs Cleveland

David Johnson vs Chargers

Mark Ingram vs Falcons

Nick Chubb vs Cincinnati

Davante Adams vs Minny

TY Hilton vs Miami

Tyler Boyd vs Cleveland

Jack Doyle vs Miami

Gronk vs Jets

 

My initial thought was Ingram and Chubb,  Boyd and eh, Hilton I guess. The second receiver is tough.

 

ETA: Guess I should have read more thoroughly: TE: Gronk, if playing and flex Johnson or Mixon

Edited by SoulSkin
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was looking real good but then the king of garbage time Cousins and Diggs lit it up late. Now I'm down 34 heading into MNF. Thankfully I have Kelce, Hill, and Butker, so I'm still confident I can win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So umm... I actually won this week despite a QB, RB, WR, and TE combining for 1.5 points.  Tyreek Hill, Aaron Jones, and Kareem hunt came to play.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I presume other peoples Yahoo leagues haven’t updated the correct total scores after last night and have put out a wrong new table? 

 

I won the game but it’s got the final minus the 20 points from last night that won me this weeks contest. (Although madly it’s credited the relevemt player.). And thus the table has me 7-4 rather than 8-3.

 

Hail.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Wentz with a 0.84 this week for me. Lovely.

 

Need to start 2rbs, 2wrs, 1te, 1 flex from these next week (starting Thursday). 

 

Any tips? I'm 6 and 5 now (or will be after tonight) and need to win at least 1 of the last 2 to sqeak into the playoffs.

 

Joe Mixon vs Cleveland

David Johnson vs Chargers

Mark Ingram vs Falcons

Nick Chubb vs Cincinnati

Davante Adams vs Minny

TY Hilton vs Miami

Tyler Boyd vs Cleveland

Jack Doyle vs Miami

Gronk vs Jets

Mixon, Ingram, Chubb, Hilton, Adams, Doyle  (Gronk if you know he's playing; any uncertainty, go with Doyle)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I presume other peoples Yahoo leagues haven’t updated the correct total scores after last night and have put out a wrong new table? 

 

I won the game but it’s got the final minus the 20 points from last night that won me this weeks contest. (Although madly it’s credited the relevemt player.). And thus the table has me 7-4 rather than 8-3.

 

Hail.

 

Yep although it's corrected now in our Yahoo league.

 

Going down to the wire for me. Two games left and top 6 make the playoffs. I'm at...6....but only because of 6 points more scored...for the year.

 

NlLSEFl.png

 

Edited by The Evil Genius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

 

Yep although it's corrected now in our Yahoo league.

 

Corrected now in ours too. 

 

Your league has been much higher scoring than ours. 

 

Hope you get in. Good luck!

 

On 11/19/2018 at 1:22 PM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

 

 

I never realised Flacco was out or else I’d have benched John Brown. (3.30 total points off ONE target.). 

 

Kicking myself for not double checking for once before Sundays games. 

 

Currently down 13.78. He’s all played up. I have Josh Reynolds still in play so hoping the Rams work him quickly in to save the day in Kupps absence. 

 

Hail.

 

So Reynolds had an immediate payoff after picking him up as soon as Kupp went down last week notching 20 points for the come-from-behind win. 

 

Two game losing slump halted. 

 

8-3. 8 W’s down. 5 to go!

 

1 win from the last three might be enough for the paloffs. 

 

728F4CFD-4963-40C4-9166-935B14D7599C.png.b80304e94fa435d16ca048d40991a6c1.png

 

Hail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^    1)  Fogo De Chew.  What a clever name, hats off to that guy for such creativity.  2.  Why is he so handsome?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chew said:

^^^    1)  Fogo De Chew.  What a clever name, hats off to that guy for such creativity.  2.  Why is he so handsome?

 

To compensate for how bad he is at fantasy? 

 

Hail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugly week for streaming a defense. Dallas is there, but no way to that, so it's Buffalo at home v the Jags, NE at the Jets, or Colts at home v Miami. I guess my order is: Colts, Buf, NE. I might try the Lions if Trubisky is ruled out, but will probably grab one of these other ones first, and drop them for Detroit if I have time to pay attention to it on Thanksgiving. Any opinions?

 

 

Edited by SoulSkin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.