Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Fantasy Football

nonniey

44 minutes ago, Chew said:

Zona.  If one does not have a top 5 D, I'd stream anyone who is facing OAK or BUF

This didn't work out so well last week with the Jets against the Bills but up until then, whoever was playing the Bills was gold. Looks like AZ is the best available in my league. I second them, and am going to try to get them, or maybe Pittsburgh against the Jags if someone grabs AZ before I can.

I have BY FAR the most points in the last 4 weeks.   (almost 50% over the next best), and have scored the most points in the league 2 weeks, and the 2nd most points the other 2 weeks..... and i have gone 2 and 2, and been knocked out of the playoffs (if the season started today).

this game sucks.  

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

1) I hope someone listened to me a few weeks ago about Nick Chubb (when Hyde was traded). 

2) Got Chubb? would be an excellent team name if I were so inclined to change it this late in the season.

I would have definitely tried to pick up Chubb when I found out, but your post alerted me to it right when it happened. I had just looked at rotoworld about 15 minutes earlier too, and nothing about it was there. I saw your post and went back to rotoworld to verify, and sure enough that breaking news was there. It was on a day where waivers had already passed, and anyone out there was available, so if I hadn't gotten to it first, I'm 100% sure a couple of guys in my league would have snatched him up. I have good running backs (Gurley and McCaffrey), but Chubb is pretty much probably locked into my flex spot now. I dropped Royce Freeman for Chubb, and ended up dropping Hyde for Duke Johnson last week.

1 hour ago, SoulSkin said:

This didn't work out so well last week with the Jets against the Bills but up until then, whoever was playing the Bills was gold. Looks like AZ is the best available in my league. I second them, and am going to try to get them, or maybe Pittsburgh against the Jags if someone grabs AZ before I can.

haha, good point.  That def didn't' work out.  I put in for a waiver wire for the Jets D too but was out bid (thank god, I would have lost had I plugged them in).  I like Steelers vs Jags too fer sure. 

Here's a toughie:  Big Ben @ JAX or Goff vs KC?  Ben on the road against the #1 pass D in the NFL (Jags) or Goff vs KC with a trash D and will probably be in a shootout?  The obvious call is Goff, but should I consider Big Ben always coming through?  Dude just dropped a 35'er for me last week, 330 and 5 TDs. 

I'm overthinking it, which is a big mistake in fantasy.  Clear choice is Goff, right?

30 minutes ago, Chew said:

haha, good point.  That def didn't' work out.  I put in for a waiver wire for the Jets D too but was out bid (thank god, I would have lost had I plugged them in).  I like Steelers vs Jags too fer sure. 

Here's a toughie:  Big Ben @ JAX or Goff vs KC?  Ben on the road against the #1 pass D in the NFL (Jags) or Goff vs KC with a trash D and will probably be in a shootout?  The obvious call is Goff, but should I consider Big Ben always coming through?  Dude just dropped a 35'er for me last week, 330 and 5 TDs. 

I'm overthinking it, which is a big mistake in fantasy.  Clear choice is Goff, right?

We have the same QBs, and I've been on the wrong side of that decision a couple of times now. I'm going to mostly go with Ben when he's at home, and Goff other weeks. I'm 100% Goff this week, and not thinking twice about it. I had nice little combos with Ben/Juju and Goff/Kupp. Losing Kupp hurts! 

Yeah, Juju has been great. I was specifically targeting him, Kupp, and Manny Sanders as value WRs , and I ended up with all three.  My bench will usually beat the other teams starters so far this season, because I end up with Juju and Ben on the bench when they go off, or Goff and Kupp once or twice too. Hasn't really cost me yet. I just smashed my draft this year. Probably the best team I've ever had out of the gate. I had the #2 pick, and it all really hinged on the guy with the first pick showing up late and auto- drafting Lev Bell. I nearly spit out my drink and clicked draft on Gurley in about .5 seconds. Once again, luck proves to be as big of a factor as anything.

I made a trade today that says it won't be processed until Friday. The problem is, the MAIN guy I traded for (Adams) plays Thursday.

MY question is: will the guy I traded with get all my assets I traded AND get to keep Adams for his game this week or will it just wait until next week? That would suck if I lost all those points from the guys I traded and not even getting my guy this week.

It's an nfl.com league

7 hours ago, tshile said:

I played in a 16 person league this year. It’s miserable. Never doing it again. 

16 teamer? Good lord, that waiver wire must be trash LOL

3 minutes ago, MondayNightCowboyKilla89 said:

I made a trade today that says it won't be processed until Friday. The problem is, the MAIN guy I traded for (Adams) plays Thursday.

MY question is: will the guy I traded with get all my assets I traded AND get to keep Adams for his game this week or will it just wait until next week? That would suck if I lost all those points from the guys I traded and not even getting my guy this week.

It's an nfl.com league

Dang, that would suck.  Can the commish push it through??

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Ugh my waiver claims failed for both the Zona and Pitt D's (dropping the Niners D for both).

Picked up Houston's this morning but I'm still looking. Anyone like the Packers D against Seattle on Thursday? Or Carolina's vs Detroit?

Houston (unfortunately) is probably the best bet of those three. Packers are a bit weak against RBs which is Seattle's strength both Carolina D and Detroit O are up and down so more of a risk with them.

Ugh. After two weeks off, I thought Dalvin Cook would take back the reins as the clear #1 back in MINN.  But Yahoo is saying that Latavius (I have him as well) will still see enough carries to where they still might split, with Murray getting goal line carries. 

Anybody else have both Cook & Murray?  If so, what are you doing?  And of course MIN is going against that nasty Bears D, 2nd against the run.  :( 

5 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Ugh my waiver claims failed for both the Zona and Pitt D's (dropping the Niners D for both).

Picked up Houston's this morning but I'm still looking. Anyone like the Packers D against Seattle on Thursday? Or Carolina's vs Detroit?

Detroit's offense has mostly been a dumpster fire, and Stafford has regressed.  If you don't go with HOU, I'd roll with Carolina. 

Jimmy Graham continuing to be SO under-utilised, in GB of all places, is a continued head scratcher. 

And a continued source of my fantasy frustration this year. 

He’s been targeted once for one catch (14 and 13 yards) the past two weeks for 2.40 and now last night 2.30 points respectively. Just peachy.. 

To compound a cruddy start to the weekend, my opponent had 

Devante Adams, who Rodgers does use, go for 26.60 points. Along with Janikowski booting only his third double digit game of the year. 

All to do Sunday to get out of the losing slump.

Hail. 

I just received a pretty interesting trade:

Me: Kamara, Ridley

Other guy: Gurley, Tyler Boyd

My first instinct is to take this and run. But then I thought Gurley might be a handicap in the fantasy playoffs. But then I realized the Saints and the Rams have the same record... Is there any logical reason not to take this offer? I feel like its so bizarre to be receiving this sort of trade this late into the season. 

20 minutes ago, skinsfan834 said:

My first instinct is to take this and run. But then I thought Gurley might be a handicap in the fantasy playoffs. But then I realized the Saints and the Rams have the same record... Is there any logical reason not to take this offer? I feel like its so bizarre to be receiving this sort of trade this late into the season. 

I'd take that trade, and maybe squeeze Malcolm Brown onto your roster at some point, or try to have some other contingency plan if Gurley gets sat in the last week/s of the season. The same could theoretically  happen for Kamara, couldn't it?

2 hours ago, skinsfan834 said:

Gurley has a bye next week. That's a considerable portion of his value. 

This is so bad. My buddy ... is 4-6 and has the most points in the league, averaging 149 PPG. He obviously has the most points against at this point too.

If he gets to 6-7 he will be in the playoffs and have the tie-break.

He's got the fortune of playing the #2 scoring team who's 8-2 this week and had Aaron Jones going last night. Poor guy is projected to lose right now 160-145.

That's fantasy for you haha. We actually dubbed this year the curse of Tim Hightower. He won the title a couple years ago on the back of Tim Hightower.

PPR: Tevin Coleman vs the Cowboys or Alshon Jeffrey vs the Saints for my flex spot? The experts/projections are saying Coleman is the stronger option, but my gut is telling me to go with Jeffrey because the matchup is too good to pass up. 

On 11/16/2018 at 12:33 AM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Jimmy Graham continuing to be SO under-utilised, in GB of all places, is a continued head scratcher. 

Huh? Not really. That is exactly what I was pointing out prior to the season. Rodgers has always under-utilized TEs. For that reason, Graham was one of the players I had scratched off my draft list .

Archived