Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Fantasy Football

nonniey

Gurley ruled out. I think I'm going to roll with Josh Reynolds. I just don't trust CJ Anderson. Might grab Richard and roll with him. I'm sure I'll change my mind about a dozen times before lock.

Edit: Somehow I missed it, but the guy I'm playing dropped Jaylen Samuels mid-week to block me from Damien Williams. pfft. That's a miracle. OK, I'll go with that. Steelers onslaught with Ben, JuJu, and Samuels.

23 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

Gurley ruled out. I think I'm going to roll with Josh Reynolds. I just don't trust CJ Anderson. Might grab Richard and roll with him. I'm sure I'll change my mind about a dozen times before lock.

Edit: Somehow I missed it, but the guy I'm playing dropped Jaylen Samuels mid-week to block me from Damien Williams. pfft. That's a miracle. OK, I'll go with that. Steelers onslaught with Ben, JuJu, and Samuels.

How is Jaylen available if he just dropped him this week?  Those are some messed up rules.

44 minutes ago, nonniey said:

How is Jaylen available if he just dropped him this week?  Those are some messed up rules.

He dropped him mid-week, like I said. I just missed it. He became available Sunday AM. You think it's normal for guys to stay un-claimable for an entire week?

1 minute ago, SoulSkin said:

He dropped him mid-week, like I said. I just missed it. 

Mid week is still this week. Never seen a league where you can pick up a waiver and start him the same week he was dropped. (ie if you drop someone between week 1 and 2 he shouldn't be available until the next waivers between week 2 and 3 sounds like your rules permit someone to pick him up immediately and start him in week 2 - that increases chances of collusion). 

3 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Mid week is still this week. Never seen a league where you can pick up a waiver and start him the same week he was dropped. (ie if you drop someone between week 1 and 2 he shouldn't be available until the next waivers between week 2 and 3 sounds like your rules permit someone to pick him up immediately and start him in week 2 - that increases chances of collusion). 

I don't know. Every standard old yahoo. cbs, nfl,... league I've ever been in, that's the way it is. I can see where you could read collusion possibilities into it though. In this case, I'm pretty sure he wasn't colluding with me though. Think I'm kind of sunk without Gurley anyway. It's kind of a bad matchup though for Samuels. We'll see.

On 12/20/2018 at 9:28 PM, sportjunkie07 said:

Pick 1 for flex. Mcguire, michel, Mike williams, williams. 

Also considering starting someone instead of Aarons rodgers. Maybe even the skins qb. 

I kept Rodgers in and started Williams for green bay. 

It worked out. Got juju kittle Carson and tyreke to go. Looks like conner and Gurley aren't suiting up for my opponent. Looking very favorable for a championship win. 

My league is like soulskins. Maybe it prevents continually picking up and dropping waiver players so opponents can't pick them up for the week. Though a seasonal player pickup cap is better for that purpose. 

Down 5 and I have Kelce, Hill, D. Williams, and Butker going tonight. Opponent has Baldwin tonight along with Lindsay and Cook tomorrow night. ESPN has me projected to win by 13 but it could really go either way. Chiefs playing in Seattle won't be an easy matchup but hopefully the offense comes out and puts on a show with a chance to clinch HFA.

I'm alive too. Up by 40-ish. I have Tyreke left. He has Mahomes and Lindsay. Hoping to see a nice long reverse or something by Hill tonight, or hopefully at least one passing TD. Got a feeling that combo of Mahomes and Lindsay will outpace what Tyreke + my lead will do, but hoping to squeak it out. 

---so, it ends up I need to fade Lindsay scoring 17.78 (half ppr). Coin flip, advantage him... I think. He could blow that away quick. 

Holy **** I'm up by 15.6 vs. Jared Cook tomorrow tonight. Absolutely crazy week. Mahomes did Mahomes things without getting Kelce too involved. 

The ironic storyline of this final week is that, over the course of the season, my wife and I swapped TEs. I had Jared Cook early in the season and she had Evan Engram and we dumped them both (I had OJ Howard for most of the year), only to pick the other up along the way. This week, I got a great performance out of Engram and it all comes down to Cook for her.

Either way, one of us is going to get beaten by a player we didn't find valuable enough to keep around. 

8 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Holy **** I'm up by 15.6 with only Jared Cook to go tomorrow tonight. Absolutely crazy week. 

The ironic storyline of this final week is that, over the course of the season, my wife and I swapped TEs. I had Jared Cook early in the season and she had Evan Engram and we dumped them both (I had OJ Howard for most of the year). This week, I got a great performance out of Engram and it all comes down to Cook for her. 

Collusion! jk. Jared Cook is not an easy out. I'll be rooting for Jordy, Richard, and Seth Roberts for you. You have a little sweat on your hands there too. Good luck Bacon man.

9 hours ago, SoulSkin said:

I don't know. Every standard old yahoo. cbs, nfl,... league I've ever been in, that's the way it is. I can see where you could read collusion possibilities into it though. In this case, I'm pretty sure he wasn't colluding with me though. Think I'm kind of sunk without Gurley anyway. It's kind of a bad matchup though for Samuels. We'll see.

I wasn't accusing you of collusion I was saying a rule like that makes collusion easier. Owners can give a heads up to other owners they are going to drop someone they don't have room for but, know there will be competition for from other owners so as soon as the drop is made the owner that was notified can scarf him up.

14 hours ago, nonniey said:

I wasn't accusing you of collusion I was saying a rule like that makes collusion easier. Owners can give a heads up to other owners they are going to drop someone they don't have room for but, know there will be competition for from other owners so as soon as the drop is made the owner that was notified can scarf him up.

I know you weren't. I was just having some fun yesterday. And beers. Many beers. Good luck to everyone who needs it tonight.

Bad news- I picked up CJ Anderson. Then was out all Sunday and forgot to start him. (23.20).

Good news- It didn’t matter as the late season slump ended and I finished third overall. 

2 titles, 2 third place and 1 fourth place finish in the 7 years of the ES League. Not too shabby. 

Congratulations Beltway Boyz. Got hot at the right tims. Good job.

Been a blast again. Roll on next year!

Merry Christmas fellow fantasy freaks!

Hail.

I managed to win, despite my coaching blunder of not playing CJ Anderson. I'd probably make that same decision 9 times out of 10. He had Lindsay get hurt, and might have been on his way to the win himself. It would have been really close, at the very least. He also had three bench guys he would have won with if he flexed any of them instead of Lindsay (who is who I would have played too). 3rd 'ship in 8 seasons for this league. I had the highest scoring team by a lot, but won because lots of good luck, as usual.

Archived