Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

No chance this passes:

GOP Seeks To Shield Trump From All Future State Prosecutions

New legislation from House Republicans aims to prevent local district attorneys from pursuing charges against former presidents.

The symbolic bill is yet another show of support for Donald Trump, who faces the possibility of criminal charges in Georgia and was arraigned in Manhattan last week for allegedly violating state law with false business records.

Republicans have subpoenaed a former prosecutor from Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s office, denounced the charges as entirely motivated by politics, and scheduled a Monday hearing to accuse Bragg of failing to prosecute real crimes.

Now comes a proposal that Rep. Russell Fry (R-S.C.) said would “prevent political prosecutions” by moving cases against former presidents from state jurisdiction to federal court, where judges are confirmed by the Senate, an institution reliably influenced by elected Republicans.

“Politically motivated prosecutors should not be able to wield unwarranted power and target our nation’s top leaders for their own personal gain,” Fry said in a statement on his website.

Normally, state prosecutors and local district attorneys are responsible for prosecuting state crimes in state courts, while federal prosecutors, known as U.S. attorneys, pursue federal charges in federal courts. Fry said his bill, which he has not actually drafted, would allow presidents and vice presidents to move state cases into federal courts.

The proposal would seem to take all power away from state courts in cases of criminal behavior by former presidents, David Rapallo, an associate professor at Georgetown University Law School and former Democratic staff director for the House Oversight Committee, said in an interview. And federal judges who wind up with the cases would have to familiarize themselves with state laws and legal precedents.

“It does seem a little ironic coming from people who tout states’ rights and how state courts and state legislatures should be making even more decisions than they currently do,” Rapallo said.

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), who chairs the House Judiciary Committee, said Tuesday evening that his committee would mark up the bill in a hurry.

Click on the link for the full article

10th Amendment anyone?

• Haha 1

😆 political beer. Well, I think I may have to go put in a claim on "AR-15 Beer" which I predicted last week.

Shocked. SHOCKED I tell you that Trump Beer hasn't hit the market yet. I give it a month.

Any bets?

~Bang

2 hours ago, Bang said:

😆 political beer. Well, I think I may have to go put in a claim on "AR-15 Beer" which I predicted last week.

Shocked. SHOCKED I tell you that Trump Beer hasn't hit the market yet. I give it a month.

Any bets?

~Bang

Which one?

5-rabbit-cerveceria-chinga-tu-pelo-trump

spiteful-brewing-dumb-donald-trump-beer_

Is this their slogan?

il_1140xN.4170875725_6lo3.jpg

• Haha 4