Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

Honestly IMO, if DeSantis announces he's running and we get into the debate events, Trump will absolutely maul him. Why? Because "The Base" can't comprehend normal debate and policy-based discussions. Trump has turned them all into garbage-eating, reality tv feces-throwing imbeciles and no candidate can hang with DJT in that arena. DeSantis is a dictator-style candidate but his stage persona is at least "conventional" and he won't win a republican nomination with that. The MAGATs will once again filter out any normalcy and walk away only retaining the playground antics that feed their inner childish, petulant desire for pettiness. 

I highly doubt Ron will declare for a 2024 run. He knows he'll end up a cuck just like Cruz, Little Marco, and Jeb. The republican party is changed forever in favor of performative chaos... at least until Trump dies. 

Edited by Chachie
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Chachie said:

Honestly IMO, if DeSantis announces he's running and we get into the debate events, Trump will absolutely maul him. Why? Because "The Base" can't comprehend normal debate and policy-based discussions. Trump has turned them all into garbage-eating, reality tv feces-throwing imbeciles and no candidate can hang with DJT in that arena. DeSantis is a dictator-style candidate but his stage persona is at least "conventional" and he won't win a republican nomination with that. The MAGATs will once again filter out any normalcy and walk away only retaining the playground antics that feed their inner childish, petulant desire for pettiness. 

I highly doubt Ron will declare for a 2024 run. He knows he'll end up a cuck just like Cruz, Little Marco, and Jeb. The republican party is changed forever in favor of performative chaos... at least until Trump dies. 

He's running. Now, he may crash and burn but He's running. Everything He has done in Florida is for a run at the presidency.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

He's running. Now, he may crash and burn but He's running. Everything He has done in Florida is for a run at the presidency.

You are probably correct but I would not advise him to. A republican primary isn't the place for serious politicians, no matter how foul their policies are. If you're on a stage with Trump in front of his voters, you're getting bludgeoned with the bullsh*t club. 

It will be disturbingly fun to watch them all eat their own but if the base doesn't change, it WILL be Trump again at the end of the melee. As I mentioned, right wing voters don't know statistics/facts/policy. They only know drama and none of the republican field can stir it up like Donnie. I STILL have some weird sympathy for Cruz and Little Marco Rubio. Trump cucked them into oblivion forever. They're still kissing the ring. 

• Like 1

You know how you've always heard the philosophical question of what you' do with a time machine, would you stop Hitler given the chance?

The Republican Convention is coming up.

Not a sermon, just a thought.

Boy, that "Inglorious Basterds" has a great ending huh?

~Bang

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

DeSantis will go farther right than Trump, farther into xtian/quiverful/Q weirdness and farther into Nazi cosplay…and he’ll work the Stormy/Ghislaine angle.

It will be very effective with the moron scumbags that make up the GQP base

I still have a hard time believing they'll go Trump Light when they can get rich full body experience of Trump Classic they so crave.

image.thumb.png.b5e80f4dbfc337e9dbc425cef003eeff.png

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I still have a hard time believing they'll go Trump Light when they can get rich full body experience of Trump Classic they so crave.

image.thumb.png.b5e80f4dbfc337e9dbc425cef003eeff.png

Aaah, but DeSantis isn’t serving up Trump Light…he’s tapping a keg of WHITE KKKLAW!!!

Edited by TradeTheBeal!
  • Haha 1

DeSantis’s whole schtick is that teachers are sexually grooming children. I don’t feel bad for him when Trump accuses him of the same.

edit: I was being unfair when I said that was his whole stick. It’s only half of his stick. He’s also fighting wokeness. Whatever the **** that means.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

5 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Everything He has done in Florida is for a run at the presidency.

I seriously wish I could believe that he's not really turning the state I planned to die in, into Rick Desantis Nazi World, that it's just a political move for a (hopefully) failed Presidential run.  

As opposed to the possibility that he actually is a Nazi, and is being successful at it.  

But I really fear it's the latter.  I don't see Satan letting this state out of his grip in my lifetime. 

2 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

DeSantis will go farther right than Trump, farther into xtian/quiverful/Q weirdness and farther into Nazi cosplay…and he’ll work the Stormy/Ghislaine angle.

Nope.  He'll work the loser angle.  

Which will seriously get to Trump.  And will work with the Party.  The reason we're seeing tiny cracks in Trump's grip isn't because he's evil.  They embrace evil.  It's because they figure he can't get them power any more.  

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Larry said:

I seriously wish I could believe that he's not really turning the state I planned to die in, into Rick Desantis Nazi World, that it's just a political move for a (hopefully) failed Presidential run.  

As opposed to the possibility that he actually is a Nazi, and is being successful at it.  

But I really fear it's the latter.  I don't see Satan letting this state out of his 

I was born in Orlando.  I'm an Aquarius.  Truly a water baby.   

I won't travel south until....well I'm probably not going to be invited anywhere, so there's that. 

On 2/8/2023 at 7:18 AM, Chachie said:

Trump has turned them all into garbage-eating, reality tv feces-throwing imbeciles

The MAGATs will once again filter out any normalcy and walk away only retaining the playground antics that feed their inner childish, petulant desire for pettiness. 

The above excerpts from Chachie's  post are a great example of objective scientific truth supported by an inestimable amount of  empirical evidence that is often commonly mistaken as being "just an opinion." 

Neil Degrasse Tyson GIF

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

I'm not at all surprised. I was back in the dating scene again a little while back and I remember seeing a lot of women's profiles that said (many times in all caps) "no Trump supporters"

Did you also notice that the Trump supporters never said "no hookups" or "no one night stands"?