Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

The level of delusion is off the charts:

Trump won these counties big. His supporters question the results there, too.

Former President Donald Trump won Mesa County, Colorado, by 28 points in last fall's election.

In Barry County, Michigan, he won by more than 32 points. And in Lander County, Nevada, his victory was in excess of 61 points.

Yet in each county, Republican officials have sought to further investigate those results and, in some cases, suggested they may not be accurate. That's despite no evidence of widespread fraud in the 2020 election there or elsewhere.

With denial of President Joe Biden's victory at the core of the pro-Trump movement, demands for partisan election investigations styled after the one authorized by Republicans in Arizona — focused in a county Biden won — have proliferated. Now, a push to revisit November's results is underway or being called for in at least nine counties Trump won by more than 24 points.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, China said:

Trump won these counties big. His supporters question the results there, too.

Former President Donald Trump won Mesa County, Colorado, by 28 points in last fall's election.

In Barry County, Michigan, he won by more than 32 points. And in Lander County, Nevada, his victory was in excess of 61 points.

Yet in each county, Republican officials have sought to further investigate those results and, in some cases, suggested they may not be accurate. That's despite no evidence of widespread fraud in the 2020 election there or elsewhere.

With denial of President Joe Biden's victory at the core of the pro-Trump movement, demands for partisan election investigations styled after the one authorized by Republicans in Arizona — focused in a county Biden won — have proliferated. Now, a push to revisit November's results is underway or being called for in at least nine counties Trump won by more than 24 points.

And without checking, just going on stereotype, I would suspect that, if Trump had got 100% of the vote in those counties, he still would have lost.  

The impression I get is that Trump does really well in places where there aren't any people.  

On 9/16/2021 at 5:06 PM, Dan T. said:

Oh he cares.  He is obsessed with ratings, the size of his crowds, the level of adoration he does or does not receive. 

"TOTAL FLOP" will cut him to the core, so much so that he will become irrationally angry, lash out at those around him, blame others for the failure, and then eventually construct an alternate reality in which it turns out it was a smashing success and others are simply lying about it.

[See Election, 2020.]

A lot of Trumpers say he has a thick skin or doesn't care, I have no idea where they got that from.

Longtime GOP operatives charged with funneling Russian national’s money to Trump, RNC

Two veteran Republican campaign operatives — including one who got a pardon from then-President Donald Trump one month before he left office — are charged in a new federal indictment with funneling $25,000 from a Russian national into the Trump campaign in 2016.

Jesse Benton, 43, and Doug Wead, 75, made brief appearances Monday at a video hearing in U.S. District Court in Washington, pleading not guilty to six felony charges including facilitating a campaign contribution by a foreign national, acting as a straw donor and causing the filing of false campaign finance reports.

The grand jury indictment alleges that Benton and Wead worked together to accept $100,000 from an unidentified Russian national in order to get the foreigner a meeting with then-candidate Trump at a fundraiser in Philadelphia on Sept. 22, 2016.

Neither Trump nor his campaign are mentioned by name in the indictment, but details in the 19-page document make clear that the scheme involved seeking the donation in connection with the Trump event and an opportunity to get face to face with him.

For example, the indictment’s reference to a $25,000 donation on Oct. 27, 2016, to a political committee by Benton — allegedly to cover up the foreign source of the money — lines up with a donation of the same size and date to Trump’s political committee attributed to a “Jesse Bentor,” which prosecutors said is a garbling of Benton’s name.

There is no indication in the indictment that Trump or his campaign aides were aware that the money originated with the Russian donor. The charges say that Benton and Wead “concealed” the arrangement from Trump, and that part of the scheme involved getting the political committees to “unwittingly” file reports indicating that Benton was actually the source of the funds.

MAGA Conspiracy-Pusher Sidney Powell Shares Absurd Theory That Dems Resorted to Murder to Stop Georgia Audit

Sidney Powell, the former Donald Trump attorney who was dropped after her conspiracy theories even embarrassed Rudy Giuliani, has come up with what could be her most reckless nonsense to date. Speaking to the pro-Trump pastor Andrew Wommack, Powell came right out and accused Democrats of murdering someone in some ill-conceived attempt to prevent Georgia from carrying out an audit of Joe Biden’s victory in the state. “I think what we’re dealing with here is pervasive and very, very dark,” Powell said. “They are willing to kill people à la Kelly Loeffler’s aide in Georgia, who was suddenly blown up in his car on the way to a rally for her. He happened to be dating Gov. Kemp’s daughter. Gov. Kemp was considering, I think, at that point, a signature audit.” Powell’s claim is, as has come to be expected, a fabrication. Harrison Deal, a campaign staffer for Loeffler, died in a three-vehicle accident last December. An Atlanta man was later charged with second-degree homicide by vehicle.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, China said:

MAGA Conspiracy-Pusher Sidney Powell Shares Absurd Theory That Dems Resorted to Murder to Stop Georgia Audit

Sidney Powell, the former Donald Trump attorney who was dropped after her conspiracy theories even embarrassed Rudy Giuliani, has come up with what could be her most reckless nonsense to date. Speaking to the pro-Trump pastor Andrew Wommack, Powell came right out and accused Democrats of murdering someone in some ill-conceived attempt to prevent Georgia from carrying out an audit of Joe Biden’s victory in the state. “I think what we’re dealing with here is pervasive and very, very dark,” Powell said. “They are willing to kill people à la Kelly Loeffler’s aide in Georgia, who was suddenly blown up in his car on the way to a rally for her. He happened to be dating Gov. Kemp’s daughter. Gov. Kemp was considering, I think, at that point, a signature audit.” Powell’s claim is, as has come to be expected, a fabrication. Harrison Deal, a campaign staffer for Loeffler, died in a three-vehicle accident last December. An Atlanta man was later charged with second-degree homicide by vehicle.

So a car being involved in a 3 car accident is now the same as the car "suddenly blowing up"?

On 9/20/2021 at 8:48 PM, Simmsy said:

A lot of Trumpers say he has a thick skin or doesn't care, I have no idea where they got that from.

On 9/20/2021 at 9:51 PM, Larry said:

The same place everything Trumpers say, comes from?  

National Geographic actually captured visual footage of the process used to extract these rare gems of insight.....  

headupass.jpg?w=786

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 9/20/2021 at 1:47 PM, China said:

They're probably correct. The likelihood of fraud in Republican majority counties is higher than everywhere else. I mean if the Republicans are willing to gerrymander, intimidate, close voting stations, prevent access to voting and engage in all other sorts of sketchy activities, does anyone think they would hold the line at the actual manipulation of votes?

After all, I think nearly 100% of voter fraud convictions were cases charged against Republican voters.

Edited by Burgold

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Mike Lindell is in that weird place, where I can't quite tell if he's crazy enough to legitimately believe there was election fraud that he's uncovering or if it's just an outright fraud and he knows better.

Yeah I'm in the same situation with Lindell. Clearly the dude is an accomplished grifter, but when you watch interviews with him he also truly does seem to be all in and convinced of this stolen election thing.

I wonder if it's a situation where he hopped on the Trump train years ago out of pure self interest because he thought he could con some people out of money, but then over time he started to go farther and farther down the rabbit hole to the point where he began believing his own insanity.

He also seems to surround himself only with people who feed his lunacy, which probably makes it all the more easy to fall into the trap of believing your own bull****.

I generally stay away from talking much about peoples' addiction past, but I wonder if it's also a case of the "dry drunk" where he still has emotional and mental issues as either a cause or a result of his addiction and they manifest themselves in crazy or obsessive behavior in other areas of his life. 

• Like 4

The problem I see with Trump bluffing about 2024 is that would mean at a certain point he has to get out of the way to allow other candidates some space on the playing field, but knowing Trump, he will want to run his grift until the absolute last dollar is siphoned from the cult's wallet.  Are we going to see a situation where the GOP primary season starts and Trump is still sitting on the sidelines pushing the will he/won't he thing?  And then what do all the GOP primary candidates have to do up on stage when questions start coming in about the situation.  I could see them being asked if they are all willing to step aside and halt their campaigns should Trump decide to run.   It just seems like a mess in the making, and I guess I am all for it seeing that I don't Trump or any of the minions/wannabees anywhere close to the White house anyway.

My guess is his 2024 run depends on two things, whether the GOP takes back one or both the House & Senate and if polls are showing that he is the front runner by a large margin.  My fear is that the GOP takes back the House & Senate in 2022 and it energizes Trump's base so much because they know in the back of their heads if another 2020 situation arises, the likelihood of the GOP cheating to get Trump in goes way up. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I'm in the same situation with Lindell. Clearly the dude is an accomplished grifter, but when you watch interviews with him he also truly does seem to be all in and convinced of this stolen election thing.

The key to success is sincerity. 

Once you can fake that you've got it made. 

• Like 1