Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

5ish years ago, I would have bet a large sum that Trumpism would be a flash in the pan, kind of like Limp Bizkit.  Where people thought it was cool for a year or two, and then pretended they never liked it.

At first, I kind of got it - here's a non-politician, with a big mouth, that doesn't talk like a politician, even if he's an a-hole.  He's got the celebrity buzz.  A lot of people have grown sick of the same ole same ole.  Personally, I never bought into his schtick and found him to be a terd from the onset.  Didn't like him before he ran for president and nothing about his campaign swayed me the other way.  But he was perfect for the average conservative voter that had been inhaling the propaganda vapors for 8 years from Fox News and the meme brigade on social media.  To them, this guy was a breathe of 'fresh air' that says the things they want to say, but feels like they can't.  

But I totally expected it to fizzle out once they saw what this guy was actually going to do.  But no, they don't actually care about what he does, they care about what he says he's doing.  And here we are, still watching these people cry as if the world was such a better place with him in charge.  I still cannot wrap my head around it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

5ish years ago, I would have bet a large sum that Trumpism would be a flash in the pan, kind of like Limp Bizkit.  Where people thought it was cool for a year or two, and then pretended they never liked it.

At first, I kind of got it - here's a non-politician, with a big mouth, that doesn't talk like a politician, even if he's an a-hole.  He's got the celebrity buzz.  A lot of people have grown sick of the same ole same ole.  Personally, I never bought into his schtick and found him to be a terd from the onset.  Didn't like him before he ran for president and nothing about his campaign swayed me the other way.  But he was perfect for the average conservative voter that had been inhaling the propaganda vapors for 8 years from Fox News and the meme brigade on social media.  To them, this guy was a breathe of 'fresh air' that says the things they want to say, but feels like they can't.  

But I totally expected it to fizzle out once they saw what this guy was actually going to do.  But no, they don't actually care about what he does, they care about what he says he's doing.  And here we are, still watching these people cry as if the world was such a better place with him in charge.  I still cannot wrap my head around it.

Yeah. I figured it would be less than a year before "He was never a Republican anyway". 

• Like 2

Once again, you guys are thinking about this too hard when it comes to the GOP. They're willing to die on the "Hill" that is Donald Trump, because they have no other hill to actually stand on. Look at legislature that they pass or attempt to pass, its a joke. No matter what it is, it all comes back to giving tax cuts to the rich. Turns out, that isn't a popular hill to be on, they didn't have much to run on before, all they have now is Trump.

• Like 3

Company: Ex-Trump lawyer raiding nonprofit for personal use

Former Trump attorney and self-proclaimed “Kraken releaser” Sidney Powell has told prospective donors that her group, Defending the Republic, is a legal defense fund to protect the integrity of U.S. elections.

But the company suing Powell over her baseless claims of a rigged presidential election says the true beneficiary of her social welfare organization is Powell herself.

Dominion Voting Systems claims Powell has raided Defending the Republic's coffers to pay for personal legal expenses, citing her own remarks from a radio interview. The Denver-based voting technology vendor sued Powell and others who spread false claims that the company helped steal the 2020 election from Donald Trump.

“Now, Powell seeks to abuse the corporate forms she created for her law firm and fundraising website to hide funds that she raised through her defamatory campaign, shielding those funds from the very company that was harmed by the defamatory campaign,” Dominion lawyers wrote in a May 5 court filing.

The dispute shines a light on how Trump allies continue to support, spread and allegedly profit from lies about fraud in the 2020 election. 

Click on the link for the full article