Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, tshile said:

Is that what it is?

From what I've seen floating around, yeah. You can usually tell by looking at the website's code how it was generated on the back end. As mostly a network guy with some systems experience my content back end coding chops aren't anything to write home about, so I haven't really looked for myself, but I've read in a couple different places that it's Drupal based.

Which is dumb because Drupal isn't really even meant to be a social media back end. You CAN make it work with some plugins, but that's like buying a Chevy Impala, raising it 20 inches, and putting truck tires on it so you can go mudding.......just buy a goddamn Jeep. There are literally dozens of other open source platforms that were created specifically to make social network sites.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So now the CIA is part of nefarious "woke" culture?

I mean...at this point, who in the hell isn't part of this horrible "woke" conspiracy, according to the right?

Here's hoping some woke CIA agent sticks Carlson with one of those needles that makes it look like a heart attack.

Or just blows him up in his car, i'm really not going to be picky.

~Bang

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, clietas said:

Brian Kilmeade vs a 6th grader 😆

1bdkps.jpg

Reminds me of when Trump tried to start a Twitter feud with Greta Thunberg after she won Person of the Year, and she completely carried him.

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Reminds me of when Trump tried to start a Twitter feud with Greta Thunberg after she won Person of the Year, and she completely carried him.

TBF, Trump was trying to slug WAY above his (considerable) weight.

• Like 3
Posted (edited)

David Frum neo-con commentator from the Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama era went in pretty hard on Tucker Carlson the other day.  Basically calling him a marketing tool chameleon in so many words.  The kind of pundit who does a 180 on publicly stated opinions on issues based on what his audience is wanting to hear parroted at any time.  (He's correct).

Working at home, once in awhile The View ends up on my TV. (I know.....I know). Meghan McCain this morning was saying how furious she was about the party is becoming the Trump party even in post-Trump era.  I find this commentary coming from a neo-con sort of hilarious.  The only things that really separates people like Liz Cheney from a Trump is when it comes to the election results themselves.  Her votes aligned with Trump 90% of the time.  Legislatively, the modern neo-con era of the GOP was almost as awful when it came to policy as Trump was.  Trump just had no self awareness not to say the true things about their policy goals out loud to the public instead of the "coded language" the more seasoned politicians used beforehand.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, the difference between Trump and W is pretty much that W wasn't in debt to Russia, and Trump was more open with racism. 

7 minutes ago, Larry said:

Yeah, the difference between Trump and W is pretty much that W wasn't in debt to Russia, and Trump was more open with racism. 

Not to mention I am interested in the neo-con POV of "policy-wise basically Trump, plus endless wars!"

The GOP was broken long before Trump, he just accelerated the process and energized a portion of the base that was possibly sitting out on the sidelines before 2016.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Not to mention I am interested in the neo-con POV of "policy-wise basically Trump, plus endless wars!"

The GOP was broken long before Trump, he just accelerated the process and energized a portion of the base that was possibly sitting out on the sidelines before 2016.

This is something that's getting on my nerves as well. Older Republicans coming out and sounding off about how horrible Trump is as if they're blameless for his rise. Yeah, it's nice that you're willing to come out against him...congratulations on condemning an openly racist authoritarian.

But those ****ers were just as instrumental in creating the environment that allowed the rise of a guy like Trump as anyone who's actually following him now. The GOP has been courting their base with the politics of white grievance for decades. Only difference is they used dog whistles and code words before. Trump just started saying the quiet part out loud...and now they're pretending to clutch their pearls and we're supposed to give them a big wet kiss and praise them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

A friend of a friend was assaulted in D.C. and needed stitches but is otherwise OK. The victim is a first generation Chinese American and the attacker was apparently yelling "****ing Chinese!"

Thankfully it was caught on security camera and bystanders got the attacker's plate number as well.

• Sad 5
1 hour ago, dfitzo53 said:

A friend of a friend was assaulted in D.C. and needed stitches but is otherwise OK. The victim is a first generation Chinese American and the attacker was apparently yelling "****ing Chinese!"

Thankfully it was caught on security camera and bystanders got the attacker's plate number as well.

Just saw this reported on News4. Scary stuff, I hope the find the mfer. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dfitzo53 said:

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Just saw this reported on News4. Scary stuff, I hope the find the mfer. 

Saw that.  Was that in the Union Market area?  Good they got his plate number.  Hopefully he's arrested very soon. And jailed.

• Like 1

Why does it seem like the slight majority of these attacks on Asians lately have been by Black Americans as opposed to your expected Trumper? Is it mental illness like the dude in NYC that killed his mom and was out on parole...or is there some underlying tension I'm not aware of recently between Black/Asian people...or some crazy underground fringe Trump support?

2 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Why does it seem like the slight majority of these attacks on Asians lately have been by Black Americans as opposed to your expected Trumper? Is it mental illness like the dude in NYC that killed his mom and was out on parole...or is there some underlying tension I'm not aware of recently between Black/Asian people...or some crazy underground fringe Trump support?

I haven't noticed any violence towards Asians from black people (not saying there isn't, just that I'm not aware), but I have a theory if that is happening. If you've ever seen the movie "Do the Right Thing", there is a brief moment about Asians coming into black neighborhoods and setting up shop. Apparently, some black people don't like how some Asians move onto their block, start a store in their neighborhood and then treat them as second class citizens in their own home.

Latasha Harlins is an example of this, there is some lasting animosity between both sides. However, I'm only speculating here. Even as a black man, I don't know know anything about this and I haven't had any problems with any Asians that currently come to mind.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I haven't noticed any violence towards Asians from black people (not saying there isn't, just that I'm not aware), but I have a theory if that is happening. If you've ever seen the movie "Do the Right Thing", there is a brief moment about Asians coming into black neighborhoods and setting up shop. Apparently, some black people don't like how some Asians move onto their block, start a store in their neighborhood and then treat them as second class citizens in their own home.

Latasha Harlins is an example of this, there is some lasting animosity between both sides. However, I'm only speculating here. Even as a black man, I don't know know anything about this and I haven't had any problems with any Asians that currently come to mind.

This is totally a thing ^^^ from my understanding, but I have never experienced it myself. Though I know my dad was pretty racist to everyone, Asians included, and would say **** like this. Honestly, black people are not at all immune from being racist pricks themselves. We all know this. We learn it, rather we want to or not. Racism itself is an American thing now. 

If I could summarize what I get from black people around me about Asains now its " I guess they know how it feels now. They were always one of us anyway, rather they knew it or not". Generally, this is how I feel too. Shame they have to go through this **** cause of one ****ing asshole. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1