Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

Donald Trump is creating his own social media network that will go live in a few months

Former President Donald Trump is coming back to social media -- but this time with his own network, a Trump spokesperson told Fox News on Sunday.

Jason Miller, a long-time adviser and spokesperson for Trump's 2020 campaign told Howard Kurtz on Fox's "MediaBuzz" that Trump will be "returning to social media in probably about two or three months." He added Trump's return will be with "his own platform" that will attract "tens of millions" of new users and "completely redefine the game."

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 3

The Trump Social Network will work 3 hours a day, sort of like the Cuban power-grid, and be declared the way and the light of the future by the QOP. Nightly praise on Faux News, and a data dump to troll farms everywhere.

Edited by youngestson
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This will be a spectacular failure.  I'm honestly looking forward to it.

15 hours ago, tshile said:

I give it 3 days before they have some sort of technical issues that’s screams they don’t know what they’re doing. 

15 hours ago, youngestson said:

The Trump Social Network will work 3 hours a day, sort of like the Cuban power-grid, and be declared the way and the light of the future by the QOP. Nightly praise on Faux News, and a data dump to troll farms everywhere.

i disagree.... its not THAT hard to hire people that can do this.   and there are millions of people just begging to give trump their attention and money....     there is plenty of incentive to hire enough people to make this money pump work 

9 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

i disagree.... its not THAT hard to hire people that can do this.   and there are millions of people just begging to give trump their attention and money....     there is plenty of incentive to hire enough people to make this money pump work 

long term sure. And I’m sure it’ll be successful because their target audience are people that are already members of their cult. This is less about successfully launching a social media platform and more about monetizing their zombie army. 

but I’ve always watched plenty of smart people launch something in a high publicized way and watched the problem that come up. You can’t even buy a new call of duty game and not deal with servers down/over loaded, etc. and those people have been doing the same routine for over 10 years and they still run into the same problems. 

Twitter has quality people and their first several years were full of “lol” moments watching them grow and evolve. ACA portals. The covid vaccine portals. 

the problem of scaling to demand when demand is super high is real and everyone struggles with it. I’m super doubtful trump will hire the best people to handle it cause he pretty much hires garbage every chance he gets. Being an engineer that specializes in scalability at the highest level of with the biggest companies is a 200k+/year job. Outside of state-level security work it’s probably the most in demand, highly compensated tech job at the moment. (I’m guessing but I feel good about that guess...)

that said failing to scale well to meat demand is low hanging fruit. I’m more expecting a serious privacy issue, or a “all the messages from this day were deleted”, or if you navigate to your bank after being on the site it posts your login information. Something above and beyond normal large demand rollouts that makes us all go LOL. 

and it’s not like that’s a huge bet I’m making here. His entire presidency was full of those moments that made it quite clear the people pulling the strings were incompetent boobs 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

It's hard to keep those people if they aren't getting paid on time or at all.

Then again, it won't be a free open service, probably. Will need your credit card number for month billing. Then when they get hacked and all those numbers/passwords are stolen. They won't acknowledge it. 

25 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

Look at how Parler flamed out.  And Donald is dumber than the guys who started that.  This ain't gonna work.

17 hours ago, tshile said:

I give it 3 days before they have some sort of technical issues that’s screams they don’t know what they’re doing. 

It's going to get DDoS'd within 1 day and it will be taken to its knees because the people running it will be completely inept and clueless and the only companies who will be willing to host it will also be almost as inept and clueless.

Also remember that Trump doesn't pay for stuff. He'll probably try to stiff them on the bill if it's high and then they'll shut him down. Then they'll pay enough to get it turned back on. That will happen every couple of months.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Look at how Parler flamed out.  And Donald is dumber than the guys who started that.  This ain't gonna work.

Parlor flamed out when amazon stopped hosting it.    I am sure there are PLENTY of russian sites that would host an important project like this one...   🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

Parlor flamed out when amazon stopped hosting it.    I am sure there are PLENTY of russian sites that would host an important project like this one...   🤷‍♀️

True, but that would also lead to hilarity as the data would then need to go to the other side of the world and back. Add to that the likelihood that they'd be running on some 15 year old hypervisors and that app is going to be freaking molasses. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

That's a good point.  But I dunno, I can't see him doing anything well, really.  I guess we'll find out.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Who is going to advertise on it? My Pillow? Anyone else? 

Probably Goya. 

But you're right. They're probably going to be seriously starved for ad revenue. And there's no way Trump would run something like that if it wasn't making him a bunch of money. I predict it will either fizzle, or Trump will make someone else pay for it.

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

It's going to get DDoS'd within 1 day and it will be taken to its knees because the people running it will be completely inept and clueless and the only companies who will be willing to host it will also be almost as inept and clueless.

Also remember that Trump doesn't pay for stuff. He'll probably try to stiff them on the bill if it's high and then they'll shut him down. Then they'll pay enough to get it turned back on. That will happen every couple of months.

The pillow guy will host it.

• Haha 1