Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

Further proof you can't fix stupid - one guy calls trump a NY liberal for recommending the vaccine - lol  dumb as ****ing rocks!  Video in the article - I usually ignore those top videos as they are jsut ads... 🙂  

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/oklahoma-diner-coronavirus-shot-090301890.html

Couldn't even watch the whole thing, knew what was coming.

I am all ears on options or suggestions for how to address this kind of widespread dumbassery but so far, crickets. I think we've seen what ends up happening when you just leave it to fester, it ain't wine, it ain't gettin better over time, and I genuinely don't think that we as a nation can just go back to ignoring it and pretending it isn't a problem. 

I am sincerely sorry for these people, I regret that they are stupid and clutch their stupid like a family heirloom, I'm really not quite to the point of aggressive intervention but they may change my mind on that subject. Jan 6 was a serious wakeup call, and it grew from the fertile soil of willful why trazz idiocy.

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Couldn't even watch the whole thing, knew what was coming.

I am all ears on options or suggestions for how to address this kind of widespread dumbassery but so far, crickets. I think we've seen what ends up happening when you just leave it to fester, it ain't wine, it ain't gettin better over time, and I genuinely don't think that we as a nation can just go back to ignoring it and pretending it isn't a problem. 

I am sincerely sorry for these people, I regret that they are stupid and clutch their stupid like a family heirloom, I'm really not quite to the point of aggressive intervention but they may change my mind on that subject. Jan 6 was a serious wakeup call, and it grew from the fertile soil of willful why trazz idiocy.

I just do not know where to go from here. This whole last 5 yrs or so showed me there are way more of these lunies thanI ever imagined. I knew there were pockets of ignorance all over the country and that racism was alive and well. However, i had at least convinced myself it was a small portion of our society. 70M+ voted for the racist POS knowing who he was after 4 yrs - and had he not botched Covid so poorly he likely would have won reelection!! That is both frightening and embarrassing. 

I will admit to being very frustrated. I have tried to reach out and have normal conversations. But there is no reasoning. They believe what they believe and there is literally nothing anyone can say that will change their minds. I get a long string of what about.. what about...  what about...   WHen I ask if the are even reading what I post since I already answered them, some will go ahead and admit they are not interested in my response just showing me I am wrong - the irony is they don't even know what I think! So they give me what abouts that have no relation to the topic!!

Stupidity, low information, and stubbornness are not a good mix yet here we are - looks like more than half the US are all 3! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think some of you guys really underestimate the power of right wing propaganda that is constantly rolling on Fox News, OAN, social media, etc.  

How so? Please explain? I mean this as an honest question as I think it's a good conversation. How do you see that I (we) am underestimating the propaganda from the right? I do not believe I am at all. I am very well aware of the machine. I have been to those sites to see the vile ignorance for myself.

Here is why I ask and how I see it. If you are saying it's becasue of them and that otherwise people would think differently. That if we got rid of the machine many of those people would be more reasonable. I completely disagree. Those right wing sites are a symptom. The cause is those people already feel that way the right wing machine just gives them validation. Not everyone of course. But that large majority. 

If many people did not already think that way there would be no market for the sites. They are influenced not to have these "new" thoughts, but they watch it saying, "yea, that's' how I see it!"

So I ask again how you feel I (we) are underestimating the right wing propaganda machine. 

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think some of you guys really underestimate the power of right wing propaganda that is constantly rolling on Fox News, OAN, social media, etc.  

They will goad these idiots into war if they can.
I don't know anyone is underestimating, but with the law what it is, there isn't much that can be done about lying on the air anymore, unless they directly can be proven to actually goad them into war. Incitement, etc.
But they lob soft grenades meant to say nothing specific, just to scare these idiots into thinking the amalgamous "left" is doing everything from stealing their country to killing their religion.
They and the GOP and Trumpland have backed themselves into a corner. It's about the only place they have left to go is outright war. After Trump, after the insurrection, after trying to lay the blame off yet again, how long will the playbook they've been using to get to this point keep working? Frankenstein is off the table and through the door.

Fascism demands action. At it's root it is not about anything passive at all. 

~Bang

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

Maybe the long arc of evolution will filter the ignorant out of existence. Doesn't help us much, but there's hope for the future.

We do an awful lot to fight natural selection. So I don’t think so 

on a different note. One thing that constantly surprised me. I’ll talk with trump supporters and they’ll ask me why I don’t like him. 

And I’ll say a bunch of things along the lines of: I wouldn’t want my child to behave that way. 

quick example: when he mocked the reporter with the disability (MS?) if my child did that to someone in front of me I’d smack him upside the head so hard I’d worry about being arrested for child abuse. 

And they always agree with me. They have no problem admitting the mans public behavior is abhorrent. 

So I pivot to - I demand a higher level of character than that for my president. 

and their eyes glaze over. It’s like I took their brain through a logical process and broke their brain. 

idk seems like decency standards for a 5 year old is a super low bar for president of the United States but these people don’t even care or think like that. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Those stupid ****ers keep saying **** about the left needs to be more tolerant of those who disagree - I have literally been told to go kill myself and that I am traitor and all kinds of other things for simply disagreeing with their conclusions and providing data to support it!   The very common refrain is "Well you are jsut a..... insert name calling laden ignorance" I got it almost immediately from someone I once considered a friend. I disagreed with his take and he immediately said I must be a never trumper or someone what hates America! Our families used to go on vacation together! And one response and he instantly went to that garbage. And was not interested at all in what I had to say. Said Newsmax is the only honest source of news. 

Little do these nefarious nitwits realize... the way to destroy Gay Captain America is... IS....

to not buy the comic. And if people want to buy it, then they can.
And then the market decides.

~Bang

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

How so? Please explain?

I just see a lot of “I can’t believe 70 million people voted for Trump again” statements.  Not necessarily you, just in general.

I understand the sentiment behind it.  It also bewilders me why people worship him so much.

But when I see the Trumpers in my social media feed and what they post and share, it’s easy for me to understand how he got 70M votes.  Nothing works harder than the right wing propaganda machine.  I look at it from the perspective that if I was brought up in a Limbaugh, Fox News type household and spent most of my life primarily living and working around people that look like me, how easy it would be to be swept up by the propaganda they push.  Most people, conservative/liberal and in between, don’t understand the basics of government, foreign relations, economics, etc. What they can grasp is catch phrases and fear, and this is where the right prevails.  This is why Donald Trump could take a dump on the average conservatives lawn and they can convince themselves he was simply helping them fertilize their yard.

• Like 1

I for one do not underestimate the effect and reach of the right-wing lieocracy, don't understand it but don't underestimate it either, but at this point I feel that it is irrelevant. These hordes are diseased, rabid, and they're not coming back. I honestly don't consider that hyperbole, it is the most accurate description I have been able to come up with. They willfully choose to reject.... civilization itself. Numbers, words, science, medicine, pick one, pick a bunch, they have stopped believing in all of it. If that isn't clinically insane, evidence of mental breakdown, the wtf is? I am not going for exaggeration here, I mean just that.

9 hours ago, Larry said:

Idiots.  

Add a fee for damaging the figure.  

$5.99 to punch an orange Nazi.  I'm in so long as I get a photo keepsake.

Edited by KAOSkins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I may be alone, but I hate the prospect of paying to punch a trump or taking a keepsake of doing so home with me.  It is probably because I am reading the book Caste, and just went through a part about the industry that arrose around lynching.  They used to sell photos of them which people sent as post cards.  When the postmaster general finally put a stop to sending such grizzly post cards, they just put them in envelopes.  Also, people used to fight to get a chance to hurt the people getting lynched or to get "trophies."  So I suspect my visceral reaction to the prospect of paying of fighting someone to punch a Trump (wax figure or not) is an exaggerated feeling.  Still, looking back I can see where allowing these types of actions can quickly escalate.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
35 minutes ago, gbear said:

I may be alone, but I hate the prospect of paying to punch a trump or taking a keepsake of doing so home with me.  It is probably because I am reading the book Caste, and just went through a part about the industry that arrose around lynching.  They used to sell photos of them which people sent as post cards.  When the postmaster general finally put a stop to sending such grizzly post cards, they just put them in envelopes.  Also, people used to fight to get a chance to hurt the people getting lynched or to get "trophies."  So I suspect my visceral reaction to the prospect of paying of fighting someone to punch a Trump (wax figure or not) is an exaggerated feeling.  Still, looking back I can see where allowing these types of actions can quickly escalate.

It was meant as a tongue in cheek venting for my frustrations that a guy like Trump is even a thing in our political arena.  I don't at all disagree with your more sedate and thoughtful take on the issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1