Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

19 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

From the link, that i found interesting

Are the Country’s Best Days Ahead of or Behind Us?

Americans are about evenly divided on the question of whether the country’s best days are still to come. A majority (52%) of Americans believe the country’s best days are ahead of us, while close to half (46%) say they are behind us.

Racial differences on this issue are stark. Majorities of white (54%) and Hispanic (52%)  Americans say America’s best days are still to come, while fewer than four in ten (39%) black Americans feel the same. Whites with a college degree have a somewhat more positive outlook about the future than those without (58% vs. 52%, respectively).

Party differences in optimism about the country are also strong. Roughly two-thirds of Republicans (64%) say America’s best days are still to come, while only 45% of Democrats feel the same. Independents (53%) fall between these two groups. Optimism among partisans has shifted over the past couple of years. In 2015, nearly six in ten (59%) Democrats reported feeling that America’s best days are yet to come while only about four in ten (41%) Republicans expressed this view.3

It's a good link

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

They are connected.  But what Obama is saying in that quote essentially is once we have the debt, you essentially have to raise the debt ceiling because the only other option is to default.

I admit, I didn't get that from that quote at all. 

2 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I do think the tariffs will become job killers but how this knucklehead presents it is one of the areas where the resistance goes off the rails "Does this Missouri town blame Trump for job-killing tariffs?"  He posted this on the same day as the positive job report and full employment????? He'd have been okay if he just replaced does with will at the beginning of the sentence but now he has no credibility.

Edited by nonniey

4 minutes ago, nonniey said:

I do think the tariffs will become job killers but how this knucklehead presents it is one of the areas where the resistance goes off the rails "Does this Missouri town blame Trump for job-killing tariffs?"  He posted this on the same day as the positive job report and full employment????? He'd have been okay if he just replaced does with will at the beginning of the sentence but now he has no credibility.

Did you think jobs reports under Obama were positive?

3 hours ago, grego said:

I admit, I didn't get that from that quote at all. 

When the quote talks about the full faith and credit of the US, it is talking about the possibility of defaulting.  In order to pay our new debt, we need to borrow money.  If when we have to raise the debt ceiling, we don't we will have to default on the debt that is coming due.

You don't mess with raising the debt ceiling because you risk the value of the full faith and credit of the US.  That isn't something you play games with.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Surprised that number isn't lower. It's hard to think of better days when a white supremacists is running the country. It feels like we've peaked.

That's how a lot of conservatives felt under Obama. It ebbs and flows. Western society also believed we were close to utopia in 1900, then WWI hit.

3 hours ago, nonniey said:

You believe the tariffs will kill jobs but because the guy asked if the town will blame Trump for job killing tariffs, he’s lost all credibility?

The first sentence of the article says that everyone in the town understands the importance of this one factory and the that the factory itself is saying that the tariffs will very likely ruin them.

Are You sure you weren’t just looking for any excuse to say that he has no credibility?

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

You believe the tariffs will kill jobs but because the guy asked if the town will blame Trump for job killing tariffs, he’s lost all credibility?

The first sentence of the article says that everyone in the town understands the importance of this one factory and the that the factory itself is saying that the tariffs will very likely ruin them.

Are You sure you weren’t just looking for any excuse to say that he has no credibility?

There is a difference between saying it will happen and it has happened. One is a prediction (Which I think could very well happen) the other is a lie. 

12 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

36808301_2537740412903588_80520154588716

A CEO, a Tea Partier, and a union guy are in a conference room. On the table is a plate with a dozen cookies. 

The CEO takes 11 of the cookies and turns to the Tea Partier. "Watch that union guy. He wants half of your cookie."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, nonniey said:

There is a difference between saying it will happen and it has happened. One is a prediction (Which I think could very well happen) the other is a lie. 

Seems to me that what happened is that you didn’t read even the first sentence of the article.

34 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Tough distinction for a conservative no?

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

best way to fight arrogant ignorance is with arrogant ignorance, sounds good. 

Technically the best way is for everyone and cut the bull**** and call it what it is. But thats not going to happen. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

best way to fight arrogant ignorance is with arrogant ignorance, sounds good. 

Yeah well, it's a lot like the NFL. People are copycats.

Everyone saw what was happening in the GOP for 8 years. When Trump won the nomination, I thought that'd be the wake up call.... Nope. When the Grab 'em by the ****' tape came out... nope. And then, PEOPLE ELECTED HIM!!!

I don't think arrogant ignorance is the answer but it's definitely not to normalize this ****.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1