Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

3 hours ago, Larry said:

Did you seriously feel the need to inform me that Mr. Ed wasn't a zebra?  

I suppose you're going to tell me he didn't really talk, too?  

I had not heard of Snopes' "Lost Legends" section and was alarmed by a piece like that carrying the Snopes' imprimatur, a site which I've come to rely on to cut through lies, myth, and misinformation.

12 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I had not heard of Snopes' "Lost Legends" section and was alarmed by a piece like that carrying the Snopes' imprimatur, a site which I've come to rely on to cut through lies, myth, and misinformation.

Same reaction I had, when somebody posted it here, years ago.  

If any or all of the stories in this section caused your internal clue phone to ring, we hope you didn’t let the answering machine take the call. That niggling little voice of common sense whispering to you in the background was right — there was something wrong with what you read.  

You’ve just had an encounter with False Authority Syndrome.  

Everything in this section is a spoof. Mister Ed was no more a zebra than the origin of the nursery rhyme Sing a Song of Sixpence had anything to do with pirates on a recruiting drive. As for Mississippi’s doing away with teaching fractions and decimals in its school systems because kids find them too hard to master, that’s no more true than Kentucky’s imposing a licensing fee on uses of its name, Edgar Rice Burroughs’ naming his celebrated apeman after the city he lived in (other way around, actually), George Bernard Shaw’s penning a poorly-attended play called Closed For Remodeling, passengers on the Titanic viewing a 1912 silent version of The Poseidon Adventure while their doomed ship was sinking out from under them, the design of California’s flag being the result of “pear” being taken for “bear,” or mobile homes having gained their name from the city in which they were first manufactured.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/false-authority/

I want more of this woman’s content 

edit: I found her content. And to my and what im sure is your staggering surprise, there is no logic at all to her opinions! Not only does she believe that Joe Biden is not President, he is senile and his "wife" is really his undercover nurse....but she ALSO believes he has the power and wherewithal to control the weather and punish Texas for not voting for him in the completely fake election (with fake snow btw)! 

Man! 

Edited by Llevron
  • Haha 5

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell Urges Election 'Criminals' to Surrender to Him for Less Prison Time

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell has urged "criminals" involved in a massive voter fraud conspiracy to contact him for help in arranging reduced prison sentences.

Lindell, a proponent of the baseless theory that the 2020 presidential was "stolen" from former President Donald Trump, made the remarks during an appearance on The Charlie Kirk Show podcast that was released on Friday. Lindell promised that a flood of evidence validating the theory would soon emerge, while offering to help cut deals similar to "the old mafia days" for those involved in the purported plot.

"There will be a big surprise of evidence," Lindell said. "There's going to be whistleblowers. There's going to be people that work within organizations that are going to come forward so that they don't get longer prison sentences. I will tell everyone out there right now: If you want to reach out to me, you probably should if you're one of the criminals, because maybe you can work out a deal. So you don't get, you know, the longest sentences."

Although he offered to help cut deals for "whistleblowers," Lindell offered no such assistance for Republican Georgia Governor Brian Kemp, saying that the governor had "better run for the hills before he goes to prison." Lindell called Kemp a "traitor" after he certified Trump's loss to President Joe Biden in Georgia.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 5

The Daily Beast’s Lawyers Eviscerate Dan Bongino Over His Refusal to Accept That He Lost a Defamation Case and Has to Pay Up

The Daily Beast’s lawyers were merciless in a response to Dan Bongino‘s recent objection to a federal court’s award of attorney’s fees in his failed defamation case against the online publication. In particular, The Daily Beast ridiculed Bongino for not understanding that his “voluntary dismissal” amounted to a loss of the case.

First, a recap on the ongoing litigation between right-wing provocateur and Trump supporter Bongino and The Daily Beast.

The Daily Beast posted an article in December 2018 titled “Dan Bongino Out at NRATV – BONGI-NO-MORE,” which discussed Bongino’s departure from the National Rifle Association’s (NRA) broadcast media arm. The article contained a statement that said the NRA “dropped pro-Trump firebrand Don Bongino” from his position.

The next year, Bongino filed a lawsuit in South Florida’s U.S. District Court alleging that The Daily Beast had defamed him by misstating the terms of his exit. Both Bongino and NRATV released statements saying that the decision not to renew the show had been Bongino’s, and not the network’s.

Bongino lost spectacularly in court. Not only was his defamation case dismissed as being “without merit” and for violating Florida’s anti-SLAPP law, but the Florida federal judge ordered him to pay more than $30,000 in attorneys’ fees to The Daily Beast. Unlike many cases, the fee award in this case was a mandatory consequence of the court finding Bongino had violated the anti-SLAPP statute. Florida’s Anti-Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation (Anti-SLAPP) law contains a mandatory fee-shifting provision meant to prevent plaintiffs from using defamation litigation to stifle constitutionally-protected speech.

Once admitted to practice in the case, Biss and Buschel filed Bongino’s formal objection to the award for attorneys’ fees. In their objection, they raised every argument possible: the court was wrong about the article not having been defamatory, the court lacked jurisdiction to even hear the case, and that it was Bongino who really won the case.

The Daily Beast filed a brutal response to Bongino’s objection, essentially ridiculing Bongino for a notably weak attempt to reverse the ruling on attorneys’ fees.

First, the publication said that Bongino made the wrong argument. Instead of addressing how an award of attorneys’ fees was improper, Bongino “just repeats the arguments Bongino made to the Magistrate, without mentioning – much less responding to – the Magistrate’s reasons for rejecting those arguments.”

Click on the link for the full story

On 2/8/2021 at 8:53 PM, China said:

Uproar over Dominion voting machines in one Ohio county shows Trump’s falsehoods linger

Late last year, amid rampant false claims of a stolen presidential election, officials in a Trump-loving county in Ohio took a stand: They voted 4 to 0 to buy Dominion voting machines.

It was a good deal for the county, years in the making, says Board of Elections Director Jeff Matthews, who heads the Stark County GOP as well. It was also a step into a firestorm — Donald Trump’s supporters were incorrectly accusing Dominion Voting Systems of helping to rig the 2020 results.

“We knew exactly what we were getting into,” said Matthews, who has worked on the elections board for 30 years.

Two months later, Stark County has yet to replace its aging voting equipment while May primaries loom. The all-GOP board of commissioners has fielded an unprecedented deluge of upset callers and spent a recent meeting peppering election staff with doubts and questions. Matthews says officials could go to court to push commissioners to make the purchase.

Matthews lamented commissioners’ focus on “clearly debunked” claims.

“We do believe in the need of the citizens to trust the process,” Matthews, a 63-year-old resident of North Canton, said in an interview. “Because the alternatives are a breakdown, a societal breakdown and disregard for the rule of law. And I think that this past year gave us a few glimpses into that future.”

But for Matthews, the solution is for elected officials nationwide to firmly move on. He said he does not know how the commissioners “could hang on to these stories — unless it’s just a lack of political will to stand up to the disinformation.”

The Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol “should have been a wake-up call to any elected official that continues to acknowledge any of these conspiracy theories,” he said.

Stark County’s three commissioners did not respond to calls and emails requesting comment but have emphasized they want to give an important purchase the attention it deserves.

This will be more fodder for the lawsuits against Woods, Powell, Lindell, and Giuliani:

Ohio County Rejects Dominion Voting Systems After Trump Supporters Balk

The three person Board of Stark County Commissioners in Ohio rejected the purchase of more than 1,400 new Dominion voting machines. The county's Board of Elections had recommended the purchase, but the three members voted to withhold the money for the purchase following pressure from supporters of former President Trump, who falsely accused the machines of manipulating vote tallies in President Biden's favor.

For months, local Trump supporters in Stark County, home to Canton, voiced their complaints and beliefs about Dominion voting machines.

County Commissioner Bill Smith said in February that the response from local residents on whether to purchase new voting machines "far exceeded the response any of us have received on any topic to come before our board."

Fox News Assures Advertisers That Maria Bartiromo, a Rabid Trumpkin, Is ‘Hard-Hitting Journalism’

Fox News has a message to potential advertisers: Relax, the “negative chatter” associated with sponsoring our toxic brand fades fast. So please buy ads.

In a presentation document obtained and reviewed by The Daily Beast, the network pitched its ad space to potential sponsors by laying out internal data suggesting the negative coverage of Fox’s inflammatory, right-wing commentary does not actually harm its advertisers. Additionally, the network touted the “hard-hitting journalism” of stars like Maria Bartiromo, a staunchly pro-Trump host who has long boosted baseless right-wing conspiracy theories.

Over the past several years, the conservative cable news giant has faced a barrage of calls for advertiser boycotts from celebrities, politicians, and liberal activists over a variety of bigoted comments and dangerous conspiracy theories peddled by top on-air personalities like Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, and Laura Ingraham. In some cases, like during Carlson’s primetime hour, the boycotts have been so persistent that only a handful of advertisers—including a pro-Trump pillow company—remain.

But behind the scenes, Fox has told potential advertisers not to be concerned.

Companies have been “only temporarily impacted by advertiser boycotts,” the network wrote, alongside a graph showing a brief spike in brand mentions for five of its advertisers in March 2019, when old tapes surfaced of Carlson making racist and misogynistic comments on shock jock Bubba the Love Sponge’s radio show.

Three of the advertisers mentioned—Outback Steakhouse, Capital One, and AstraZeneca—all ditched the network as a result. Nevertheless, “conversation volume declined quickly to normal levels regardless of response,” the network assured potential ad-buyers.

The network additionally attempted to reassure buyers by claiming that the “negative chatter” about Fox News advertisers is not nearly as bad as the “real brand damage” that Boeing received after 346 people died in two crashes involving its new 737 MAX jetliner; that United Airlines incurred when airport security dragged a bloodied and unconscious doctor off its plane after he refused to give up his seat; or that pizza chain Papa John’s received after its founder and former CEO John Schnatter used a racial slur during a company conference call.

Click on the link for the full story

My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell refers to the COVID-19 vaccine as the “mark of the beast”

MIKE LINDELL (GUEST): I've got a new social media channel that's going to be -- it's a YouTube, Twitter combined. You've never seen anything like it in the world. It's unbreakable. It's called Vocal, V-O-C-L. We're going to be vocal. This is going to be voices, voices that are unrestricted. You can go -- this is for freedom of speech. And all the -- everyone's going to come over there and we are gonna just put out a stream of evidence and be able to say the words "Dominion," "Smartmatic," "election fraud," vaccines that mark of the beast.

Click on the link for more

• Confused 1