Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT - Redskins Cheerleaders Describe Trip to Costa Rica that Crossed the Line

Reaper Skins

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

If he did and the only thing he requested was that they dress more conservatively, that's severely ****ed up lol...

Thanks Bruce. 

I was thinking the same thing. let's blame Cousins. Maybe Kirk can go to jail for Danny and Bruce. 

5 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Thanks Bruce. 

I was thinking the same thing. let's blame Cousins. Maybe Kirk can go to jail for Danny and Bruce. 

Wow. You actually have no idea whatsoever what you were saying earlier. And definitely have zero clue what I was saying now lol...

But, hey, you called me "Bruce". That'll learn me.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Some harsh stuff below.  Obviously I have no clue what happened but if women were coerced to take their cloths off to entertain potential clients -- then yeah I don't think its out of the possibility Dan could be pushed to sell or at least be suspended.   Steinbrenner was suspended for years for paying someone to dig up dirt on one of his players.  This has to be as egregious if not more.  Question is did it go on purely from people overseeing this with no involvement from higher ups?

https://fansided.com/2018/05/02/cheerleaders-report-toxic-washington-redskins-culture-snyder/

mike freeman

Verified account

We need to take a step back for a moment and really digest the accusations against Washington. If they are true, an NFL team was engaged in a form of human trafficking. We all just need to really take that in.

2.  mike freeman Retweeted

Washington dedicated its week 1 game last September to "ending human trafficking." I'm completely serious.

The link regarding last year's home opener ...

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2017/09/05/1107746/0/en/Eagles-Redskins-Join-Together-to-End-Modern-Day-Slavery-in-NFL-Season-Opener.html

This isnt good folks. This disgusting situation is now leading to articles with titles like this:

"Racism, misogyny earn Redskins' Daniel Snyder title of NFL's worst owner"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/racism-misogyny-earn-redskins-daniel-snyder-title-of-nfls-worst-owner/ar-AAwF1K1?li=BBnba9I

And you better believe there IS A LOT MORE TO COME after this debacle. The bright side of all of this is that we may FINALLY be rid of the man who single handedly destroyed one of the best managed sports franchises in the world. Snyder needs to pay for this with the loss of his ownership privileges. PERIOD!

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

This isnt good folks. This disgusting situation is now leading to articles with titles like this:

"Racism, misogyny earn Redskins' Daniel Snyder title of NFL's worst owner"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/racism-misogyny-earn-redskins-daniel-snyder-title-of-nfls-worst-owner/ar-AAwF1K1?li=BBnba9I

And you better believe there IS A LOT MORE TO COME after this debacle. The bright side of all of this is that we may FINALLY be rid of the man who single handedly destroyed one of the best managed sports franchises in the world. Snyder needs to pay for this with the loss of his ownership privileges. PERIOD!

Outside of mayyyyybe the passport issue (maybe), nothing will come of it. Not to mention the racist-angle actually starts to sabotage any argument condemning Snyder.

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Wow. You actually have no idea whatsoever what you were saying earlier. And definitely have zero clue what I was saying now lol...

But, hey, you called me "Bruce". That'll learn me.

And you actually have no idea yourself IF Cousins did in fact knowing anything, IN ANY DETAIL, whatsoever, regarding the NY Times article (or its subject matter) when he made his comments about the cheerleaders ... do you?

NO. 

But please, let's insinuate a comparison between Cousins and Joe Paterno for a second because Califan jumps to it in an instant and because "logic." Right 007? 

To think that Cousins would have known the entirety, or even the cover title, of the NYT article, back whenever he made his comments, I think, is ridiculous. 

Nonetheless, I remember Cousins making comments about the cheerleaders ... and here we have a story about the redskins and their cheerleaders. 

That's it. That's the extent of the commentary. All I was pointing out was the verifiable and traceable aspect of Cousins being quoted or attributed, many months ago, regarding the cheerleaders. If I have to, I'll hunt for the source material. 

So, since source material is traceable, that's the extent of the commentary. To ASSUME anything beyond that, even in speculation, as you did, is just reckless. And I'm pointing that out for you mister smarty pants, because apparently your **** doesn't stink.  

You've superimposed your bull**** in there, not me. 

Just now, Kilmer17 said:

I think forcing girls to pose naked in front of sponsors is going to be a bigger problem than the passports 

My question is why are they posing naked in the first place?

Just now, Califan007 said:

Outside of mayyyyybe the passport issue (maybe), nothing will come of it. Not to mention the racist-angle actually starts to sabotage any argument condemning Snyder.

I didnt say I agree with the racist label. I only said that there will be a lot more headlines like this coming now that this is in the national spotlight. Regardless of OUR feelings as Redskins fans, whether we feel the name is racist or not, really doesnt make a difference on the national stage. And with the current progress of the "MeToo" movement you better be ready to be reading headlines like that for the foreseeable future.

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

I think forcing girls to pose naked in front of sponsors is going to be a bigger problem than the passports 

But that's not what happened. Or it could very reasonably be said that's not what happened. So it won't be an issue. The passports thing, though, is actually part of their corporate policy. That's undeniable. And from what I've read completely illegal, which is making me wonder simply because you'd imagine their lawyers would have pointed that out lol...

29 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

o you remember, (just prior to free agency), before it became official Kirk leaving, wasn't there a report citing Kirk, or an actual quote from Kirk, or simply an attribution from his camp, that Kirk wanted the redskins' cheerleader's uniforms to change?

Yep I do. I don’t remember if it was verified but it raises an eyebrow in the wake of this. Doubt it was related but interesting 

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

But that's not what happened. Or it could very reasonably be said that's not what happened. So it won't be an issue. The passports thing, though, is actually part of their corporate policy. That's undeniable. And from what I've read completely illegal, which is making me wonder simply because you'd imagine their lawyers would have pointed that out lol...

Is there a dispute about the nudity?

3 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

And you actually have no idea yourself IF Cousins did in fact knowing anything, IN ANY DETAIL, whatsoever, regarding the NY Times article (or its subject matter) when he made his comments about the cheerleaders ... do you?

NO. 

What? lol...

I never said I did, and I never said he did. You hinted at maybe he did and maybe the stuff in the NYT article played a role in his wanting the cheerleaders to dress less sexy. Go back and read your post if you don't believe me lol...

6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Doesn’t this quote imply somethhing like that happened?

For the photo shoot, at the adults-only Occidental Grand Papagayo resort on Culebra Bay, some of the cheerleaders said they were required to be topless, though the photographs used for the calendar would not show nudity.”

I don't get blaming Snyder or allen....I don't think they were there. Reads like its the cheerleader director( reads like she did similar stuff with the wizards)

instead of going after a woman though, the media can redirect its fight against our team name/owner

Just now, Gibbit said:

I don't get blaming Snyder or allen....I don't think they were there. Reads like its the cheerleader director( reads like she did similar stuff with the wizards)

instead of going after a woman though, the media can redirect its fight against our team name

The cheerleader director gets her direction from someone though.  I highly doubt that person is Snyder or Allen.  That said, the team releases a statement that all is well, rather than saying they take the allegations seriously and will investigate.  At best, they are negligent in all this.  At worst, complicit.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The cheerleader director gets her direction from someone though.  I highly doubt that person is Snyder or Allen.  That said, the team releases a statement that all is well, rather than saying they take the allegations seriously and will investigate.  At best, they are negligent in all this.  At worst, complicit.

Its that type of attitude perpetuated by the team leadership that fosters an environment where this type of behavior happens. 

I know others have said it,  but as more inflammatory headlines come out...  Snyder may end getting in some major trouble over this, and it may force pressure on him to sell.

This awful thing could be exactly what we needed.

And if that happens, i rescind everything i ever said about cheerleaders previously in the thread. They are welcome to dance on the sidelines and cheer when the other team scores.

~Bang

2 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Is there a dispute about the nudity?

The dispute would be if the Skins "forced" the cheerleaders to pose nude for the sponsors.

Watching a photo shoot is the type of perk that is given out all the time in the corporate world. I once attended a fashion show in Paris that was closed except to the most exclusive buyers in the fashion industry (it bored me to tears lol). So sending sponsors to watch a cheerleader photo shoot is yawn-inducing. It the fact that at this particular photo shoot they were also going to need some cheerleaders to be topless for some of the photos (with arms strategically placed, I imagine) that makes it newsworthy. But again, the tone of the article is like "Hey, you guys wanna see some cheerleader boobies? Follow me..."

The photographer should have cleared the set when that portion started taking place (just for the record, I've done photo shoots as a photographer, it would have been my responsiblity to do so, and the models I know would have expected it from the photographer as well). Not sure why they didn't, article didn't go into it, and wasn't exactly clear on if they sponsors were sent there because they were going to be topless. Also not sure if sending sponsors to photo shoots was something done with a certain amount of regularity, and this happened to be the one time that it coincided with some moments of toplessness. But right now it's being written and interpreted as if people with the Skins knew ahead of time there would be some topless shots and "Snyder" purposefully sent sponsors over there and then forced the cheerleaders to strip for the paying execs. How easy would it be to say "We send sponsors on photo shoots sometimes, had no idea there would be any nudity whatsoever. We'll talk with that photographer and find out what happened."

But again, the passport issue would seem to be very cut and dried. That might cause a problem.

Archived