Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Trey Quinn WR SMU

Wildbunny

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Panninho said:

Good read on his story. He wants to be a UFC fighter after the NFL. He tried some MMA during the year he had to sit out due to his transfer to SMU. Definitely have to watch out for him during the next scuffle. :D

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2791034-trey-quinn-this-years-mr-irrelevant-is-anything-but-irrelevant

You mean the one that can be found here?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Trey Quinn-related, but not football-related...like literally Quinn-related, possibly.

I wonder if one the high school kids in this fight is kin to Quinn. Maybe a brother or cousin.

The one in the hoodie and sweatpants looks a lot like him.

Have to page down for the video.

https://ritely.com/teen-****y-rival-roundhouse/

On 8/19/2019 at 9:32 AM, RandyHolt said:

Heh

Who is Quinn's backup? I assume Kidsy but assumption is the mother of all screw ups. McLaurin could well be the game day backup; Kidsy the long term backup.   Quinn has hardly been a pillar of durability.

I always assumed RIchardson would back up Quinn if he was hurt.

Remember Randy - a backup doesn't  necessarily have to be a guy who doesn't primarily play another position !

I think I heard Galdi correct, and that he hurt his thumb in pregame.  Was it catching a ball, or doing a pushup?  I am not optimistic he will prove to durable, which is no surprise if true as we see young WRs injured often. 

What was interesting to hear was that when asked a question about Quinn and slot depth, was quick to name Steven Sims before Kidsy. It may be nothing, but IMO if Kidsy was the clear backup, Jay would automatically name him first. Little things like that can be a peak inside a coaches mind.

Saying yesterday that I think Sims has no chance, maybe I jinxed the whole thing. 

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I think I read that he hurt his thumb fielding a punt. Out three weeks because he caught a punt wrong? Bad luck or made of balsa wood.

Thanks for sharing.

At least we can give him a tiny "break" assuming it was a Tress 'Boomer' Way monster punt that was streaming back to earth like an asteroid.

16 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I think I read that he hurt his thumb fielding a punt. Out three weeks because he caught a punt wrong? Bad luck or made of balsa wood.

Let me get this straight, he got hurt catching a ball when his job is to catch the ball?  It's not like that never happens, but for someone that cant stay healthy that's a bad sign.

I hope this is not our next "can't get right" player, he seems to be very fragile for a guy who wants to play in the NFL. 

I've heard a lot of chatter about him holding down the slot position this year but you can't do that if you sit out for every bump and bruise.

Quinn was the last pick in 2018, played in 3 games with 9 total catches and 1 TD. The stats aren't bad, but that is a lot of hype for a guy who played very little while being hurt most of the year and, now once again this pre-season. 

On 8/21/2018 at 4:06 PM, Panninho said:

Good read on his story. He wants to be a UFC fighter after the NFL. He tried some MMA during the year he had to sit out due to his transfer to SMU. Definitely have to watch out for him during the next scuffle. :D

I'm not fond of that idea.

In order to be a decent MMA or UFC fighter, you really need to start working at it, long before NFL retirement age.

So that could mean he plans on having a relatively short NFL career.

Or it means he plans on starting training MMA before he retires from NFL (assuming he's even allowed). And that's not a good idea either, due to the increased risk of injury in training MMA.

Archived