Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Trey Quinn WR SMU

Wildbunny

23 hours ago, skinsfan212689 said:

This guy will surprise a lot of us. He’s legit and will make the 53. 

That's a bold statement for a 7th round pick given the WR's we already have....hope you're right about him. Bout time we had a Wes Welker type to annoy defenses....I like the idea of a guy like this teamed with our bigger named guys like Crowder, Reed and Richardson. Seems like a guy Alex Smith could fall in love with.

8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I think the opposite...when you look past our top 3 WR's, noone really stands out from the rest.

I really like Robert Davis and I think Harris will slide into Grant's role....not sure where Quick fits in? I also think the kid from Indiana, Bibbs, has a chance to make noise. 

Just watched a vid talking about Trey Quin starting out at LSU.  They said something about Sutton regretted not declaring early because now he was going to have to battle Quin for targets.  Interesting.  Seems like he has a really high floor.  

Edit:  the LSU bit was just in terms of having experience at a higher level

16 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I really like Robert Davis and I think Harris will slide into Grant's role....not sure where Quick fits in? I also think the kid from Indiana, Bibbs, has a chance to make noise. 

Bibbs is a RB, in the CT mold. So he's not gonna be listed in a WR roster spot.

Doctson, Richardson, Crowder are sure lock for the roster this year. Besides that, it's open to anything between Harris, Davis, Quinn, Quick and whoever else we'll bring in during TC.

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Why was he drafted so late? 

Because he was the other guy away from Courtland Sutton... He's a one year wonder mostly, but his stats this year are way better than Sutton.

18 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

Certainly looks like this is one part of the plan to replace Crowder, from a receiving standpoint.

That looks like the plan right now, but Quinn is able to play all positions while Crowder seems to be only good when playing in the slot. I'd like to give Crowder another shot on the outside, because this year he often was our only reliable target early in the season.

Quinn also returns punt, as well as Stroman, so they really looks like replacement plan in case Crowder's too expensive next year.

There's a good article from Ian Cummings that you can find here that covers all these things.

http://es.redskins.com/topic/421720-rr-washington-redskins-wr-trey-quinn-is-anything-but-“mr-irrelevant”/

Yeah I don't see any reason Quinn couldn't legit compete for a spot on the 53. The only locks right now are Doctson, Crowder, and Richardson. Based on what I've seen of him he has really good hands, good route runner, decent after the catch...pretty tough. Pretty amazing how far he fell, but only having one year of legit production probably hurt him...even though it was a lot of production. Decent speed but not a burner; same 40 time as Crowder.

2 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

http://es.redskins.com/topic/421720-rr-washington-redskins-wr-trey-quinn-is-anything-but-“mr-irrelevant”/

Sorry, I meant Simmi Cobbs, the undrafted signee out of Indiana...6'4, plays with a lot of confidence. I think he can make some noise too.. 

3 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

It is impressive how great all the kids look on tape. Our 7th looks NFL ready, baby!

Coming from a fan, that is code for: Expect a year or 2 on the practice squad.

Not this time, baby! He is ready. We hope.

Yea I honestly don't think he'd last long on the PS before the Pats swiped him up

These are the combine results for Quinn and Crowder.  

40 Yard Dash - 4.55      40 Yard Dash - 4.56

Bench Press - 17           Bench Press - 10

Vertical Jump - 33.5       Vertical Jump - 37

Broad Jump - 116.0       Broad Jump - 115.0

3 Cone Drill - 6.91          3 Cone Drill - 7.17

20 Yd Shuttle - 4.19       20 Yd Shuttle - 4.32

7 minutes ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

These are the combine results for Quinn and Crowder.  

40 Yard Dash - 4.55      40 Yard Dash - 4.56

Bench Press - 17           Bench Press - 10

Vertical Jump - 33.5       Vertical Jump - 37

Broad Jump - 116.0       Broad Jump - 115.0

3 Cone Drill - 6.91          3 Cone Drill - 7.17

20 Yd Shuttle - 4.19       20 Yd Shuttle - 4.32

Nice.  Quinn seems quicker, but Crowder is probably a little more explosive.

3 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Doctson, Richardson, Crowder are sure lock for the roster this year. Besides that, it's open to anything between Harris, Davis, Quinn, Quick and whoever else we'll bring in during TC.

Because he was the other guy away from Courtland Sutton... He's a one year wonder mostly, but his stats this year are way better than Sutton.

That looks like the plan right now, but Quinn is able to play all positions while Crowder seems to be only good when playing in the slot. I'd like to give Crowder another shot on the outside, because this year he often was our only reliable target early in the season.

Quinn also returns punt, as well as Stroman, so they really looks like replacement plan in case Crowder's too expensive next year.

There's a good article from Ian Cummings that you can find here that covers all these things.

*CORRECTION:

Simmie COBBS, WR - Indiana Hoosiers...

Found this write up from TheHuddleReport.com

Trey Quinn   WR   SMU

TALENT
ROUND

STRENGTHS
Trey is your typical slot receiver/special teams, impact offensive player. Think of Stephen Diggs or Julian Edelman or Cole Beasley and that should give you a good picture of Trey’s overall talent and potential to impact. Trey has good size and quickness to run his routes and get in and out of his breaks. He is a physical receiver with quick feet but what he really brings to your passing offense is physical toughness with soft sure hands to catch the ball. Trey plays bigger than his size and has a large catch radius because of his excellent hand /eye coordination and because he will catch and fight for any ball thrown around his vicinity. He will fight for every yard after the catch and that makes him hard to bring down gaining those all-important yards after the catch to move the chains. Trey will adjust to the ball in this air and make the acrobatic catch. He is a smart route runner and a double move genius and there is no more polished slot receiver in this draft than Trey is. Trey brings the mental toughness that will challenge other receivers on his own team, to match that mental toughness. He also will challenge his opponents to tackle him and if they don’t use good form, then he will break that tackle. 

CONCERNS
Yes, you can catch him from behind IF… you can catch him after he separates from you. Trey is a pure slot receiver and this will downgrade him on some team’s boards but in the red zone he is an “any position” receiver so as far as I’m concerned…it’s a wash. 

BOTTOM LINE
Trey is a “what you see, is what you get” type receiver. Here’s the catch, what you see is a touchdown, move the chains, mental toughness, physical, acrobatic, soft hands, red zone match up nightmare… of a receiver. That’s what I see and that’s what you get. You want to select a different receiver in this draft because they might be faster…go ahead, I dare you. I’ll take Trey and you and your “check all the boxes” receiver can watch my team with Trey in the slot, scoring touchdowns, in the Super Bowl. Every year we go through this buffet of wide receivers in the draft. Teams always looking for speed instead of mental toughness and quickness. Speed can’t catch the ball. Speed can’t make a player catch the ball. All speed can do is get a player down the field faster than another player. If that player with speed can’t do what is necessary to catch the ball guess what…that speed guy is of no use to your quarterback. He may be use to your offensive coordinator when he makes game plans before the game but, once the game starts if he can’t catch the ball that speed guy is useless. Trey is not a speed guy, he is a “catch the ball” guy and like I stated before, I’ll take my guy who can catch the ball rain or shine, or in the snow, sleet, hail, high winds and freezing cold, over your guy who can just get down the field faster than anyone else. But that’s just me…Talking to Myself™. As of this writing it doesn’t look like Trey is on many teams’ boards nevertheless…he’s on mine. But, Julian Edelman is 5’10”, from Kent State, undrafted, Cole Beasley is 5’8”, SMU undrafted but Stephen Diggs is 6’0”, 5th Rd and played at Maryland. Trey Quinn is 6’.0” 200 lbs from SMU and maybe, just maybe, some smart team will select him. 

Drew Boylhart   APR.2018

Archived