Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Tim Settle DT Virginia Tech

Wildbunny

1 hour ago, Silvernon said:

I would guess diet and leg strength are the two keys for him right now.

It'll be interesting to see how he progresses. He's not the biggest, strongest guy in the room anymore and is surrounded by hungry young workers with more talent, that thrive on improving backed by one of the best position coaches. He's also not being asked to do it every play. 

It's a best case scenario if he wants to become great. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2018 at 7:06 PM, carex said:

next season maybe.  Kerrigan converts to DE, Smith leaves as a FA and OLB is a main FA and draft concern.  Allen takes the other DE, Lainier rotates in with them, Payne, Ionnaddis and Settle are the DT.  We need one more decent guy for a top level modern NFL rotation

Allen needs to be at the 3. That is where he's truly special. He's still a really good DE, but he belongs at the 3 for sure.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000932202/article/7-lateround-nfl-draft-picks-likely-to-exceed-expectations-in-2018?campaign=tw-cf-sf190109530-sf190109530&sf190109530=1&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

7 late-round NFL draft picks likely to exceed expectations in 2018

Tim Settle, DT, Washington Redskins

Drafted: Round 5, No. 163 overall out of Virginia Tech.
Analysis: With Da'Ron Payne and Jonathan Allen anchoring the defensive line, there will be substantial competition for snaps up front. However, Settle has the size and talent to find reps and make his mark if he can keep his weight down. He offers some position versatility on the D-line and he flashed impressive quickness to disrupt for being such a big man (6-3, 329 pounds). Players that are big, quick and disruptive can find playing time early on.

11 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

When is the last time you can think of a team drafting a 5th rounder and being sure that they're definitely gonna make the team and like contribute from week 1.

It's been a long time if it's ever actually happened.  

As the draft drew I was saying my eyes don't deceive me, Settle is a football player. I was most glued to the draft in that round. When the Skins took him that's when I felt we had a solid draft no matter what. They'll be some misses, but with him, Payne and Guice I felt very good about this years stock. He was the difference between a B and an A IMO

27 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

As the draft drew I was saying my eyes don't deceive me, Settle is a football player. I was most glued to the draft in that round. When the Skins took him that's when I felt we had a solid draft no matter what. They'll be some misses, but with him, Payne and Guice I felt very good about this years stock. He was the difference between a B and an A IMO

Settle's highlights just look so dominant to me. I know the knock on him was maintaining his weight but damn, he is huge and a handful to block. 

I'm hoping Swearinger's comments about teammates not taking care of their bodies is a clarion call and things change in the locker room. It would be very important for a young buck like Settle who already has weight maintenance issues.

On 5/23/2018 at 8:59 AM, bird_1972 said:

Settle's highlights just look so dominant to me. I know the knock on him was maintaining his weight but damn, he is huge and a handful to block. 

I'm hoping Swearinger's comments about teammates not taking care of their bodies is a clarion call and things change in the locker room. It would be very important for a young buck like Settle who already has weight maintenance issues.

I'd imagine Tomsula, as well as the group being pretty young, will have these guys all busting it in camp.  I can't remember the last time we had this much beef up front, at such a young age.  4 guys who have legit starting potential are going to be playing real NFL snaps, so if anyone isn't motivated or on top of their game, they very well could get left behind.  

On 5/23/2018 at 8:14 AM, Bonez3 said:

When is the last time you can think of a team drafting a 5th rounder and being sure that they're definitely gonna make the team and likely contribute from week 1.

Tyreek Hill and Jay Ajayi are the ones that were "obvious" steals at the time imo (due to being a ****bag and injured, respectively). But I get your meaning. 

The 5th round name that should give us the most hope? Kyle Williams. Another player who fell due to being seen as too one-dimensional, who turned into one of the leagues best NT. 

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

The 5th round name that should give us the most hope? Kyle Williams. Another player who fell due to being seen as too one-dimensional, who turned into one of the leagues best NT. 

Seriously...you couldn’t come up with the most obvious 5th round gem...and he was even drafted by the Skins. 

Somewhere Dallas Sartz is shaking his head in disgust. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Settle may be fat but he's got a good burst off the line. He ain't slow...extremely athletic for his size.

Seems to go along with what Kerrigan was quoted as saying. 

Hopefully, he wasn't just throwing bull**** out there.

Archived