Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Tim Settle DT Virginia Tech

Wildbunny

Hey, welcome to the team big guy! There's some roster spot for you to take really!

TIM SETTLE

DT Virginia Tech

2560190.png&f=png&w=308&c=71

Height: 6' 3"

Weight: 329 lbs

Arms: 33”

Hands: 9 1/8”

Prospect Grade

Chance to Become NFL Starter

40 Yard Dash

5.37 Seconds

Vertical Jump

23.5 INCHES

Broad Jump

96.0 INCHES

3 Cone Drill

7.95 Seconds

20 Yd Shuttle

4.83 Seconds

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tim-settle?id=32462018-0002-5601-905d-2aba6fe19f35

Player Bio

Named as one of the top 40 overall prospects in the 2015 class by multiple high school recruiting services, Settle was a great in-state hold (Manassas) for Virginia Tech. The Washington Post All-Metro pick redshirted his first year in Blacksburg to improve his build and conditioning, and was a reserve for all 14 games in 2016 (17 tackles, blocked kick) before making his impact as a sophomore in 2017. Settle used his quickness off the snap and wide shoulders to earn second-team All-ACC honors at nose tackle. He started all 13 games inside, posting 36 stops, 12.5 for loss, and four sacks.

Overview

Settle has rare gifts for a big man with good mass, play strength, quickness, and agility. His substantial jump in production in 2017 was due to weight loss and additional conditioning that allowed him to play more snaps and play faster. He's a disruptive, versatile defensive lineman who offers enough pass rush potential to warrant reps on passing downs. Settle is a natural 4-3 fit but can play in a 3-4 as well. He has the potential to become a very good starter with a Pro Bowl ceiling if he controls his weight and maintains his conditioning.

Strengths

• Accepted his coaches challenge to lose weight and improve conditioning and has done just that
  • Thick and broad across lower body
  • Rare agility for a man his size
  • Plays with infectious energy
  • Built low to the ground
  • Blasts out of his stance to capture the neutral zone
  • Able to play under and through the edge of blockers
  • Can be destructive along the interior when he has his wind
  • Power in upper body for quick punch and shed at point of attack
  • Good pursuit motor around the field
  • Locates ball early in the snap and plays off blocks to make tackles
  • Pad level is good
  • Has ability to penetrate and two-gap
  • Arm over can get early wins
  • Legitimate pocket pusher who can force quarterback to throw from unbalanced platform

** click on the link for more **

16 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

How does he fit into the plan, with Allen and Payne ?

Are we switching to 4-3, or is this a depth move, or rotational player, or what ?

We're gonna play 6-1:

Smith - Allen - Payne - Settle - Ionnadis - Kerrigan

And Zach Brown behind these guys.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

How does he fit into the plan, with Allen and Payne ?

Are we switching to 4-3, or is this a depth move, or rotational player, or what ?

We don't really play a 3 or 4 man front exclusively, like a lot of teams now we switch looks all of the time and so the true value is in finding guys that can fill a role in both.  Settle is another guy like Payne that can actually play as a traditional NT but has the ability to play in different alignments and that means we finally have 2 credible players at NT after years with 0 and we didn't box ourselves into 1 dimensional guys who can only play a handful of snaps.

I know nothing about the guy except he gets Jim Tomsula as a coach, so he will probably be good.  On a related note, I love Settles quote about what Tomsula told him: "He's honest, you know? He told me, ‘If you come here, you’re going to work.’”

I love that, hes like if you show up here its going to be ugly, nasty, gritty, grinding.  Essentially you'll probably hate practice, but you're gonna get good.  If we make the playoffs, I feel like 50% of our success is going to be all due to him, might be our most important pickup in years.

When I saw that we landed him in the 5th,was like when Allen was there at 17 last year!!..He was player that if we missed on Vea & PAYNE at all,he would’ve been our back-up pick!!So landing him and still grabbing the other caliber players that we managed to pull off as well,just made this draft oh so much better..I went in with low expectations on how this weekend was to play out and came out extremely surprised the way it did..I can’t wait to see our newest additions come in and contribute on game day-should be extremely exciting for a change!!!

4 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

I know nothing about the guy except he gets Jim Tomsula as a coach, so he will probably be good.  On a related note, I love Settles quote about what Tomsula told him: "He's honest, you know? He told me, ‘If you come here, you’re going to work.’”

I love that, hes like if you show up here its going to be ugly, nasty, gritty, grinding.  Essentially you'll probably hate practice, but you're gonna get good.  If we make the playoffs, I feel like 50% of our success is going to be all due to him, might be our most important pickup in years.

I know right..He’s bout my favorite pick up to our staff!!..I think he’s gonna be our difference maker coaching the line!!..Both of our line coaches have been HC elsewhere,so they have the knowledge and understanding as to what it takes to bring the best out of their groups!!

Archived